Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Sixt - Any Questions?

Use another website to book an automatic ( 3rd letter M manual and A auto). Think .com it co.uk has that class ( contrary to .de).
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by travelgo
Hi,

I am Hertz Five Star. Does sixt status match?
Yes, but I don't know if five star will get you platinum. PC will. Also most top tier elite programs for airlines and hotels will get you platinum as well as Mastercard platinum world elite

http://www.worldelite.mastercard.com...e-savings.html
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Sixt Plat, Hhonors
Originally Posted by ironfire
Hello, i do have a upcoming reservation in Germany, my first time renting with sixt there, I'm platinum, the reservations details are:
pick-up station: Berlin Tegel Aéroport Flughafen Tegel/MWZ
class: LPAN
MODEL: Premium class e.g. BMW M550d Limousine/Touring *NAVI* or similar.

My question is, what in the world is similar to the BMW Motorsport/380hp/diesel? Sixt took almost 7 days to confirm my booking(This vehicle group is only available upon request. Our Sixt station will contact you within 2 working days.) and I don't know besides the M550 which other car may I get. Could someone please clarify that?
Never got any chance with this category :-/ I'm asking for 2 years now. Seems to be impossible anywhere in Germany. They gave me a X5M50D instead.
Good luck.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by m4c1
Could anybody tell me how high the deposit for renting a car (IDMR-Class) in Finland would be? Let's say: 3 weeks, renting costs: 1.300€.

I can't find any information on the Sixt website.
They don't take big deposits in Finland.. I'd say around 200 euros. I can't recall being taken deposit for more than 300€ in here.

- o
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:55 am

Stmr @ dus ?

Title says it all, does anyone have info about the STMR-selection at DUS, Germany?
Mostly interested in hearing if BMW is not a hard thing to get, what about the engines?
Or is STMR usually just "upgraded" to a VW Golf/equivalent?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by JAE23
Title says it all, does anyone have info about the STMR-selection at DUS, Germany?
Mostly interested in hearing if BMW is not a hard thing to get, what about the engines?
Or is STMR usually just "upgraded" to a VW Golf/equivalent?
In a German car rental forum they are listing (mietwagen-talk.de) BMW 2 series cabrio or Audi A3 cabrio as the only possible cars in that category. About the engines, no idea really. Max 2 liter I would say, either diesel (2.0) or petrol (1.8).

- o

Edit:
In addition, in PTMR the forum lists Audi TT, MB SLK and BMW Z4 as possible choices. Just fyi.

Last edited by ohko; Apr 19, 2015 at 12:19 pm Reason: Added cars in PTMR
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by ohko
In a German car rental forum they are listing (mietwagen-talk.de) BMW 2 series cabrio or Audi A3 cabrio as the only possible cars in that category. About the engines, no idea really. Max 2 liter I would say, either diesel (2.0) or petrol (1.8).

- o

Edit:
In addition, in PTMR the forum lists Audi TT, MB SLK and BMW Z4 as possible choices. Just fyi.
^ That's my info also, what I could get over the internet and from different forums.
2-series in my knowledge doesn't even have those extremely underpowered motors so if BMW 2(cab) does exist in DUS, enginewise they'll be sufficient.
Also very interested if Z4 would be be possible at DUS, really hoping to have a chance to try the 3.0l --> models (if they have anything else than the 150kw version).
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Sixt - Any Questions?

DUS ? Rented a TT TDI there a month ago

But not at the airport but in the Maritim hotel station to avoid the 20/30/..% additional airport charges ( just across the street from the airport)

Last year had a Z4 20i avoided a18i and got a TT gasoline 2.0
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by JulBxl
Never got any chance with this category :-/ I'm asking for 2 years now. Seems to be impossible anywhere in Germany. They gave me a X5M50D instead.
Good luck.
Hi. What do you mean by got a X5m50d? You had a LPAN booking and they gave you a X5, is that correct? Even with the confirmation that take days? I won't accept that.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: QA Priv. BA Exec, HHonours. Europcar. Hertz Gold
What FFAR did you receive?

Originally Posted by MercedesSL600Man
Sorry for the repost but my separate thread on this hasn't got any responses, but many views. I see the Sixt Customer Service account has posted in this thread since then so hopefully they can give some advice.

"Hello all,

I have called a couple of different numbers at Sixt and received a little bit of conflicting advice so I am wondering if anyone here has experience with my questions. To skip to the actual questions, just go to the numbered bullets at the bottom. The middle part of my post is just background.

I am renting a full-size SUV from MCO, returning to For Lauderdale (Port Everglades). We embark on a long cruise there, and therefore we (5 adults) are going to have a lot of luggage. I want as much cargo space as possible for this.

I called the Orlando office to ask if their Tahoes (which are listed along with Sequoia for Full-Size SUV) are model year 2015, as those have flat-folding 3rd rows. The lady on the phone (very nice, BTW) said I could try to request a Suburban when I checked in for my rental for the same price. This was the first I'd heard that Sixt had Suburbans at MCO. Obviously this would be ideal, with the larger luggage area. She wasn't able to confirm the model year.

I called today the corporate number to reconfirm, and was told that most likely the Orlando location will have switched brands to Toyota Sequoias by then, and no Suburbans OR Tahoes would be available. They transferred me again to Orlando to verify. Orlando again said that I could request a Suburban if available and had nothing to say about any switch over to Toyotas.. So I'm not sure who is more correct.

While I want to rent from Sixt because they seem to have the best prices and, to be honest, I am growing a little tired of the "big" rental companies and would love to try Sixt, at this point I may just switch the reservation and pay more to be guaranteed a Suburban from another company.

To recap my questions (sorry, I rambled a bit):

1) Are Sixt's Tahoes/Suburbans model year 2015?

2) Do Sixt's Tahoes/Suburbans have a bench middle row, or bucket seats? They are listed at "7 passenger" which would indicate bucket middle seats, but the lady on the phone in Orlando said all 5 of us would fit in the first two rows, indicating a bench middle row.

3) If anyone has rented from MCO, were you able to get a Suburban instead of a Tahoe?

4) Does anyone have any information on a fleetwide switch to Sequoias for the Full-Size SUV category?

Thanks for all/any help."

What did you end up getting ?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen

But not at the airport but in the Maritim hotel station to avoid the 20/30/..% additional airport charges ( just across the street from the airport)

Yes, Düsseldorf. Thanks for the info, I made my reservation from the airport, was somewhat cheaper than from any other office, not to mention possibly better range of cars and not even a minute wasted getting out of airport by public transport. (Maritim was a good tip if it's so near ^)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by JAE23
Quote:

Yes, Düsseldorf. Thanks for the info, I made my reservation from the airport, was somewhat cheaper than from any other office, not to mention possibly better range of cars and not even a minute wasted getting out of airport by public transport. (Maritim was a good tip if it's so near )
It is very close ( probably as close as walking to the airport counter). They get their car from the airport ( mine was a TT ultimate with 1300km brand spanking new).
But as you said sometimes the pricing can be weird ( check constantly as prices can go down if so amend your existing booking).
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Plat; Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by hummerguy
What did you end up getting ?
This rental isn't until end of May, but I did two reservations at Sixt MCO this weekend. Both times there were Suburbans in the lot, not a ton but a few. Also one or two Yukon XLs, in addition to the Tahoes and Sequoias.

The agent told me to call their office 24 hours before my pickup and ask to hold one of the larger (Suburban/Yukon XL) FFARs for me. They are the same price as the Tahoe. They said they'd do whatever they could to help. She also said lately they're getting more Yukons than Tahoes delivered.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: Sixt Plat, Hhonors
Originally Posted by ironfire
Hi. What do you mean by got a X5m50d? You had a LPAN booking and they gave you a X5, is that correct? Even with the confirmation that take days? I won't accept that.
Yes right. LPAN was not available, they asked if I was interested by X5 M50D. Same engine, bigger car. Got it 4 months. If I could, I wish to continue with. But as it's a higher category, prices are higher with spring seasons.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
It is very close ( probably as close as walking to the airport counter). They get their car from the airport ( mine was a TT ultimate with 1300km brand spanking new).
But as you said sometimes the pricing can be weird ( check constantly as prices can go down if so amend your existing booking).
With maritim, you save on the premium fee. However often times you often get an unwanted upgrade due to no excess inventory other than what has been booked or left over unpicked up from the previous day. Booked FDMR last time and got a Tiguan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.