Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:09 am

West Palm Beach Downtown Car Rental: Delivery and specific car request

Hi SixtCustomerServices,

West Palm Beach Downtown Car Rental says on its website that they deliver cars to and from any major hotels in west palm beach.
Does that include Hampton Inn & Suites Wellington located at 2155 Wellington Green Drive, about 12 miles away from Sixt office?

As I'm from europe I am quit used to (and bored) with BMW, Volvo etc, and since this is my first visit to US I would much prefer to drive an american car.
First on my wishlist would be Chevrolet Tahoe but it seems it not available from Sixt West palm beach. Can anyone confirm this?
Otherwise a Chevrolet Suburban would fit nicely (available it seems). Could it be possible for a representative of Sixt to contact Sixt office and ask them to really reserve that exact vehicle? It would be be much appricated!

Regards. /David

Last edited by SpaceX; Dec 26, 2014 at 9:16 am Reason: added links
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:55 am

I have a reservation coming up in Munich. I rented a FDMR class car. Is there any way to reserve one thats not a base model and get one that has some features on it?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:04 am

I am booking a upcoming rental in Fort Lauderdale. I see several facilities listed for FL, but I'm wondering if the Port Everglades location offers a shuttle service from the port to the facility?

Also, I have a Sixt loyalty number already and would like to know what programs would qualify me for a status match. I see the offer for the World Elite MC, which I do have, if that's still valid. I'm confused by the wording for Diamond upgrades, "This advantage remains valid when you rent more than 10 times per 12 months with Sixt. Does this mean that upgrades aren't given until after you've rented 10 times?
Thank you for the input.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
About a month ago, following my request on here, you linked a reservation made via an external channel to my Platinum Card. When I log in into my account, I see next to the reservation some red text saying "Data not complete". Is this normal
Old Dec 29, 2014, 3:57 pm

Question for Germany Rental

Looking to make a reservation for April 8 out of Frankfurt and returning April 21 to Munich. I was looking at the FWMR class as I believe a station wagon would be best for our luggage. What cars would be available in that class and are they all guaranteed to be a manual. Also do those cars have standard GPS or do I have to pre-pay for guaranteed GPS?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:23 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

Sixt do provide a shuttle bus from the port to the facility. Please see the relevant information regarding the shuttle bus below -

'Please call for our shuttlebus, which operates every day from 7am to 10pm, 30minutes prior to your deboarding and let our employees know, which cruise ship you are arriving on. You may reach us toll free at +1 888 747 7498. Choose option 1 and 6 to speak to one of our representatives.'

We hold many affliations with programs that would allow you a status match. These are all available on http://www.sixt.com/further-informat.../sixt-partner/

In order to get the vehicle upgrade benefit you have to rent 10 times or more within a 12 month period. You do then have to keep up with your hires as you can lose the benefit should you not hire with Sixt as frequently.

I hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Rene23
I am booking a upcoming rental in Fort Lauderdale. I see several facilities listed for FL, but I'm wondering if the Port Everglades location offers a shuttle service from the port to the facility?

Also, I have a Sixt loyalty number already and would like to know what programs would qualify me for a status match. I see the offer for the World Elite MC, which I do have, if that's still valid. I'm confused by the wording for Diamond upgrades, "This advantage remains valid when you rent more than 10 times per 12 months with Sixt. Does this mean that upgrades aren't given until after you've rented 10 times?
Thank you for the input.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:24 am

Hi,

This is not something I have heard of before. Can you private message the details to me and I'll take a look?

Thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by ringingup
About a month ago, following my request on here, you linked a reservation made via an external channel to my Platinum Card. When I log in into my account, I see next to the reservation some red text saying "Data not complete". Is this normal
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:26 am

Hi,

We cannot guarantee a make or model of vehicle due to various factors. However if you can private message me your reservation number I can put a note onto the booking advising the branch of your request and they will do their utmost to provide you with a vehicle with features.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ajs1991
I have a reservation coming up in Munich. I rented a FDMR class car. Is there any way to reserve one thats not a base model and get one that has some features on it?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:30 am

Hi,

In the FWMR category at Frankfurt we have the Mercedes-Benz C-Klasse T-Modell and BMW 3er Touring. Booking a FWMR means your will get manual vehicle as it is the 'M' that confirms it is a manual vehicle.

These vehicles do not come with a GPS system as standard but you can book these to receive when you arrive.

I hope this helps!

Originally Posted by massilem
Looking to make a reservation for April 8 out of Frankfurt and returning April 21 to Munich. I was looking at the FWMR class as I believe a station wagon would be best for our luggage. What cars would be available in that class and are they all guaranteed to be a manual. Also do those cars have standard GPS or do I have to pre-pay for guaranteed GPS?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:40 am

Hi,

A free additional driver is not something Sixt offer as part of the benefits offered for holding a platinum card. However, your feedback will taken on board and passed to the relevant people for future reference.

Many thanks.

Originally Posted by drfinn
This probably isn't the place to post this, but what the heck. I'm Platinum level with Sixt and I am surprised that I have to pay $9.99 a day in the US for my wife to be added on to the car rental. I am similar levels with Hertz and Avis and those are automatic. I thought it would be the same with Sixt. Something Sixt should think about because the extra costs seems just punitive as opposed to necessary.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by SpaceX
Hi SixtCustomerServices,

West Palm Beach Downtown Car Rental says on its website that they deliver cars to and from any major hotels in west palm beach.
Does that include Hampton Inn & Suites Wellington located at 2155 Wellington Green Drive, about 12 miles away from Sixt office?

As I'm from europe I am quit used to (and bored) with BMW, Volvo etc, and since this is my first visit to US I would much prefer to drive an american car.
First on my wishlist would be Chevrolet Tahoe but it seems it not available from Sixt West palm beach. Can anyone confirm this?
Otherwise a Chevrolet Suburban would fit nicely (available it seems). Could it be possible for a representative of Sixt to contact Sixt office and ask them to really reserve that exact vehicle? It would be be much appricated!

Regards. /David
Hi SpaceX:

I have kind of same situation going on my rental end of jan.And i am platinum member.and they offer free upgrade to platinum members BUT that never happens in USA.Atleast in my case you should be lucky enough if you get the car you reserve.
I wanted to reserve in (XFAR) category which is X5. MB-GL. SUV, Good thing i called the location and asked them about this, and the person who answered did not seem concerned . He said they do NOT have BMW X5, period.** yet the pic on the website is BMW X5 ** Its a possibility they will have MB-GL but no guarantees, Well the reservation would be PRE-PAID, BUT he said no guarantees, I asked him what if they dont have nothing in that category, XFAR? he said they will give me something to drive so dont worry. I can not Imagine driving a chevy cruze in small car OR ford econoline 15 pass van the biggest during my vacation. So the point of making RESERVATION for future does not mean anything. and I asked him what if they dont have what i reserve and i dont like what they will offer me, can i cancel my reservation, he said yes you van do that, BUT there will be cancellation charge, which I can dispute with my credit card issuer... i dont like sound of this. so I gave up.
I am national emerald executive member, and i have a good chance of getting GMC yukon and Chevy tahoe or chevy suburban from the selection while I pay the rate of only midsize car. I have far more better chances of getting what I want in executive selection than making PRE-PAID reservation with SIXT.
Sixt re-ser-vation might have some different meanings in their books.
All they rely upon is ** subject to availability ** but dont go one step furthur to make it available.
To me it means, YOU RESERVE the car for future day and time.
SIXT marketing practice seems to have only LUXURY brand pictures in ADs and reservations, but no guarantees . Its mostly just to get you in their facility and then ... you know.
What i did is i reserved POST PAID * pay at arival * reservation with sixt, and also have my own reservations with national. If sixt lets me down I wont be without the vehicle for my vacation atleast.

Well that is my rant, Thanks for reading.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shaky1977
Hi SpaceX:

I have kind of same situation going on my rental end of jan.And i am platinum member.and they offer free upgrade to platinum members BUT that never happens in USA.Atleast in my case you should be lucky enough if you get the car you reserve.
I wanted to reserve in (XFAR) category which is X5. MB-GL. SUV, Good thing i called the location and asked them about this, and the person who answered did not seem concerned . He said they do NOT have BMW X5, period.** yet the pic on the website is BMW X5 ** Its a possibility they will have MB-GL but no guarantees, Well the reservation would be PRE-PAID, BUT he said no guarantees, I asked him what if they dont have nothing in that category, XFAR? he said they will give me something to drive so dont worry. I can not Imagine driving a chevy cruze in small car OR ford econoline 15 pass van the biggest during my vacation. So the point of making RESERVATION for future does not mean anything. and I asked him what if they dont have what i reserve and i dont like what they will offer me, can i cancel my reservation, he said yes you van do that, BUT there will be cancellation charge, which I can dispute with my credit card issuer... i dont like sound of this. so I gave up.
I am national emerald executive member, and i have a good chance of getting GMC yukon and Chevy tahoe or chevy suburban from the selection while I pay the rate of only midsize car. I have far more better chances of getting what I want in executive selection than making PRE-PAID reservation with SIXT.
Sixt re-ser-vation might have some different meanings in their books.
All they rely upon is ** subject to availability ** but dont go one step furthur to make it available.
To me it means, YOU RESERVE the car for future day and time.
SIXT marketing practice seems to have only LUXURY brand pictures in ADs and reservations, but no guarantees . Its mostly just to get you in their facility and then ... you know.
What i did is i reserved POST PAID * pay at arival * reservation with sixt, and also have my own reservations with national. If sixt lets me down I wont be without the vehicle for my vacation atleast.

Well that is my rant, Thanks for reading.
Never seen an X5 in Sixt MIA, FLL. Always see a couple of MB ML SUVs, Suburbans/Tahoes. However saying the vehicle class being not avail despite a reservation IMHO is over exaggerating on your part.

Upgrades in FLL and MIA as Platinum almost always requires reminding agent of the benefit. Not sure if they are not use to elites or not. Once you remind them, it's always honored.

Getting a SUV in National MIA on a midsize rate really depends on when you show up. Show up Sunday late evening and you can forget about that. Last month, both aisles had less than a dozen cars combined but plenty of parked cars elsewhere. The problem is they don't keep staff on hand to replenish the aisle at certain times. Show up on Monday morning, you may have a good chance.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Never seen an X5 in Sixt MIA, FLL. Always see a couple of MB ML SUVs, Suburbans/Tahoes. However saying the vehicle class being not avail despite a reservation IMHO is over exaggerating on your part.

Upgrades in FLL and MIA as Platinum almost always requires reminding agent of the benefit. Not sure if they are not use to elites or not. Once you remind them, it's always honored.

Getting a SUV in National MIA on a midsize rate really depends on when you show up. Show up Sunday late evening and you can forget about that. Last month, both aisles had less than a dozen cars combined but plenty of parked cars elsewhere. The problem is they don't keep staff on hand to replenish the aisle at certain times. Show up on Monday morning, you may have a good chance.
Check this please... on sixt.com

pick up and drop off ... LAX

jan 24 to jan 31st.
in car list you'l see X5 or similar with pic of X5.Its being offered for 65 dollars plus taxes and fees. and suburban for 49.00 bucks a day plus taxes and fees. I am not familiar with MIA FLL at all.
Have you seen esclades there?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:21 am

I'm hoping the good folks at Sixt Customer Care address this, since similar questions have come up numerous times over the last few weeks on FT. Here's the situation:

I am a Platinum Card holder, have been for a while. I do not rent from Sixt very often (mostly when I'm in Europe and it's been over a year since my last trip). However, when I log into my account, sure enough, I'm still Platinum. Now, I am about to give Sixt a try with a reservation at LAX (now that a CLA isn't $200/day and a Corolla isn't $150/day there for my dates, for once), but was wondering if my Platinum status means anything at all with respect to getting an upgrade. I don't want to arrive at the rental desk and be told that I am not eligible for one. Right now, my targeted class is PCAR, so I've been advised to book an SCAR. The difference is about $35 for four days, which isn't huge, but when the denominator is small enough, it's a rather substantial %. What I don't want to happen is to show up, be told I'm not eligible for an upgrade and then be offered one at something like $10-20/day as others have been. In that situation I'll just walk away and book a Silvercar. However, I'd rather not, so I want to get clarification on what it means for me to be a Platinum member at Sixt in my current situation.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shaky1977
Check this please... on sixt.com

pick up and drop off ... LAX

jan 24 to jan 31st.
in car list you'l see X5 or similar with pic of X5.Its being offered for 65 dollars plus taxes and fees. and suburban for 49.00 bucks a day plus taxes and fees. I am not familiar with MIA FLL at all.
Have you seen esclades there?
I have seen one Escalade parked in MIA in about eight rentals last quarter. MB ML is the most predominate in MIA despite website showing the redesigned X5 as the representative vehicle.

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
I'm hoping the good folks at Sixt Customer Care address this, since similar questions have come up numerous times over the last few weeks on FT. Here's the situation:

I am a Platinum Card holder, have been for a while. I do not rent from Sixt very often (mostly when I'm in Europe and it's been over a year since my last trip). However, when I log into my account, sure enough, I'm still Platinum. Now, I am about to give Sixt a try with a reservation at LAX (now that a CLA isn't $200/day and a Corolla isn't $150/day there for my dates, for once), but was wondering if my Platinum status means anything at all with respect to getting an upgrade. I don't want to arrive at the rental desk and be told that I am not eligible for one. Right now, my targeted class is PCAR, so I've been advised to book an SCAR. The difference is about $35 for four days, which isn't huge, but when the denominator is small enough, it's a rather substantial %. What I don't want to happen is to show up, be told I'm not eligible for an upgrade and then be offered one at something like $10-20/day as others have been. In that situation I'll just walk away and book a Silvercar. However, I'd rather not, so I want to get clarification on what it means for me to be a Platinum member at Sixt in my current situation.
I'm sure Sixt will ask you to PM your details for further clarification. Being platinum doesn't afford the upgrade privilege unless you rented 20 times (10 if member is based in US and some other countries) in the past 12 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.