Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:30 am

you can click on the option diesel. which is not a guarantee.

the text is not to allow sixt to prepare the cars but to know that they dont give you an upgrade to a car category which is not allowed to go to certain countries. besides some cars are maybe close to the end of their mileage runtime, which is not feasible if you are driving a lot.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, MM, MP, onepass, Fairmont Platinum, Millennium Hotels Elite
question for Gary re. Platinum via Amex Platinum

Great that you are on this board, Gary.

I understand that Amex Platinum cardholders are able to receive Sixt Platinum membership at no charge, but cannot find where to apply for this online. I am based in Canada and there is no Sixt office in my city.

I have rented from Sixt in the past and will do so again next week. If I am able to have the platinum status, I would likely use Sixt for all of my rentals in Europe, as my experience has been positive so far.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by newguy62; Jan 17, 2013 at 10:09 pm Reason: typos
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:02 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by newguy62
Great that you are on this board, Gary.

I understand that Amex Platinum cardholders are able to receive Sixt pPlatinum membership at no charge, but cannot find where to apply for this online. I am based in Canada and there is no Sixt office in my city.

I have rented from Sxt in the past and will do so again next week. If I am bale to have the platinum status, I would likely use Sixt for all of my rentals in Europe, as my experience has been positive so far.

Thanks for any help.
I will check with Colleagues.

Gary
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dgittings
Gary,

Does the status apply to us elite members of Cathay Pacific's Marco Polo Club as well? I can't find anything on your Web site about it?
Please apply for the base Express card online PM me with your Express card number. I can take care of the Status Match. Gary.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
you can click on the option diesel. which is not a guarantee.

the text is not to allow sixt to prepare the cars but to know that they dont give you an upgrade to a car category which is not allowed to go to certain countries. besides some cars are maybe close to the end of their mileage runtime, which is not feasible if you are driving a lot.
Yeah, I realise that it's no guarantee, but I understand some other hire companies can annotate bookings and customers' records to help ensure they get a car they would be happier with. Like, a diesel, or a 4*4 or something.

But what about the things legally required in other countries, will Sixt provide them or will I have to?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Syme
Yeah, I realise that it's no guarantee, but I understand some other hire companies can annotate bookings and customers' records to help ensure they get a car they would be happier with. Like, a diesel, or a 4*4 or something.

But what about the things legally required in other countries, will Sixt provide them or will I have to?
The additional kits required for International rentals, warning triangles etc are your responsibility, so yes you would need to buy them.

Gary

Last edited by Gary Coughlan; Jan 21, 2013 at 12:33 am Reason: buy instead of but
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
The additional kits required for International rentals, warning triangles etc are your responsibility, so yes you would need to but them.

Gary
Thanks Gary, I'll make sure and bring the right bits and bobs.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
Hi Gary. Just wondered about what car to expect in Nice airport.
I prepaid for an XDAR for one week. Sais bmw 7 or Mercedes s or cls?

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:10 pm

Munich Rental

We will be renting from Sixt on June 13 of this year. Will we need an international drivers license? Also, will be allowed to take our rental into Austria for a day trip? We reserved a mid level auto trans. Any idea what kind of vehicle this might be? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2013, 7:36 pm

Hey Gary -

I see Sixt is now open in Seattle / SEA, where I am maybe 10 months a year. The site only lists available cars through F category - no P/L/X cars. Any idea if/when SEA will receive higher cars?

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:35 pm

I'm looking for an automatic at SIXT station "Lanzarote Arrecife Port ACEC10" Cicar Partner
location, as Sixt Fleet page lists automatics. A sixt.com quote for April 30, 2013 doesn't show any automatics, though.

Would Gary or a colleague mind checking if Automatics are possible?

Thanks!

Last edited by freecia; Jan 28, 2013 at 1:42 pm
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Petalumatool
We will be renting from Sixt on June 13 of this year. Will we need an international drivers license? Also, will be allowed to take our rental into Austria for a day trip? We reserved a mid level auto trans. Any idea what kind of vehicle this might be? Thanks
Hi Petalumatool,

There are no fees travelling cross border between Germany & Austria, as long as you are returning the vehicle to the same pick up location.

Concerning your licence, an EU licence is fine for rentals within Germany & Austria. A US licence, we would just require your passport in addition. If your licence is from outside of these then please advise and I'll be happy to confirm further.

To answer your question regarding the vehicle type, I would suggest to check the vehicle group booked against the example vehicles on our Sixt website. www.sixt.co.uk

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Chris
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by norvagabond
Hi Gary. Just wondered about what car to expect in Nice airport.
I prepaid for an XDAR for one week. Sais bmw 7 or Mercedes s or cls?

Thanks
I have checked with the location and you can expect either the Mercedes S Class or a BMW 7.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Gary
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Quick question again. Logistics have changed for our party. Originally had the FDMR booked for 4 people. I've been told that now we will have 6 people. What class do you suggest that I should get if we are to seat 6 adults comfortably. Is the only option a Van? or can I book a car like LDMR and be fine? Does Sixt in Dublin have a Q7 type of a car, or the VW Touareg? Or any SUV that seats 6? The other option I see is the Van (VW Touran listed). Also having a valid US Drivers License should be fine right?

Thank You for all the help.

Last edited by buck3y3nut; Jan 29, 2013 at 7:47 am
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ww88ww
Hey Gary -

I see Sixt is now open in Seattle / SEA, where I am maybe 10 months a year. The site only lists available cars through F category - no P/L/X cars. Any idea if/when SEA will receive higher cars?

Thanks!
Hi,

I am checking with the Reservations Manager in the U.S. I will of course let you know when I receive the information.

Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.