Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:33 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi AaronD23,

If there are multiple vehicles available at the branch within the category you have booked, the branch staff would let you choose which one you would prefer.

You can also place a preference for your preferred vehicle on your reservation, which the branch will do their best to provide for your booking where possible.

I hope this helps solve your query. If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by AaronD23
What SCAR and FCAR types are available at your MIA airport property? If there are multiple makes/models available, will they let me choose or randomly select one for me?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:25 am

Hi blitzen,

The PTMR category at Amsterdam Rai is currently BMW Z4 Cabrio. However, as the fleet may be subject to change at any time, we would not be able to guarantee the specific make and model.

If you have a preference for a specific make and model, this can be noted on the reservation and the branch will be happy to provide this when possible.

I hope this informaiton is of assistance. If you require anything further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi, which models can I expect in Amsterdam Rai PTMR? SLK 200 and 250 CDI ?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Accor (Gold), IHG (Gold), Bonvoy (F&F)
I have rented , one way, PWMR from Brussels - Woluwe branch (Belgium) to Marseille (France) in late August.

Because I'll have a few bags of stuff to take with me - or boxes - I'm keen to pin down a bit on which actual car it's likely to be , if possible so that I can prepare everything before collecting the car and embarking on the 1000km drive down the same day.. I don't want things thrown all over the back seats, in case we stop for petrol or lunch and get broken into!

From what I can work out it is likely to be the BMW series 5 (estate), MB e class (estate) but also potentially the A6 (estate) or even a Volvo V70

Now I fully appreciate it's hard to pin down sometimes , but in cases where it's a one way and indeed international, is is possible to give me an idea? I want to make sire the way I pack is optimised for the boot space. My preference, if that has any weighting, is the BMW or the Audi. (Frankly the e-class, biggest though it may be, is not something I will be begging for !!).

Also, I note that 750km is included in the booking. Clearly to get to the designated drop off place in Marseille is just over 1000. I saw the rate per additional km when booking but now can't find it - can you help? Also is there any leniency? The one way(understandable) charge is almost same price as the basic two day fair as it is without being dinged for the distance.

I am happy to provide a booking reference if any use.

Many thanks i advance
William

Last edited by williamdowell; Jul 30, 2014 at 2:29 pm Reason: Specified the departure branch in brussels
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:03 am

Hi williamdowell,

In order to answer these points accurately, I would need to see your reservation details.

Please could you send me a private message with your reservation number, I will be happy to look into this for you further.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by williamdowell
I have rented , one way, PWMR from Brussels - Woluwe branch (Belgium) to Marseille (France) in late August.

Because I'll have a few bags of stuff to take with me - or boxes - I'm keen to pin down a bit on which actual car it's likely to be , if possible so that I can prepare everything before collecting the car and embarking on the 1000km drive down the same day.. I don't want things thrown all over the back seats, in case we stop for petrol or lunch and get broken into!

From what I can work out it is likely to be the BMW series 5 (estate), MB e class (estate) but also potentially the A6 (estate) or even a Volvo V70

Now I fully appreciate it's hard to pin down sometimes , but in cases where it's a one way and indeed international, is is possible to give me an idea? I want to make sire the way I pack is optimised for the boot space. My preference, if that has any weighting, is the BMW or the Audi. (Frankly the e-class, biggest though it may be, is not something I will be begging for !!).

Also, I note that 750km is included in the booking. Clearly to get to the designated drop off place in Marseille is just over 1000. I saw the rate per additional km when booking but now can't find it - can you help? Also is there any leniency? The one way(understandable) charge is almost same price as the basic two day fair as it is without being dinged for the distance.

I am happy to provide a booking reference if any use.

Many thanks i advance
William
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:31 am

Hi,

I am interested in renting an Audi A3 cabriolet from Barcelona airport the last weekend in August. However, it seems that for this category (ITMR) I could also end up with a Peugeot 308 cabrio which I don't think is worth the same premium to a non-cabrio car.

I know there may be no cast iron guarantees on which one I would get - even if I request the Audi - but to try and figure out my odds of getting what I want can you confirm what Barcelona Airport currently has in its fleet for this category?

thanks , Jon.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: Accor (Gold), IHG (Gold), Bonvoy (F&F)
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi williamdowell,

In order to answer these points accurately, I would need to see your reservation details.

Please could you send me a private message with your reservation number, I will be happy to look into this for you further.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.
Sure. V grateful for your presence in here and rapid reply
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:24 am

Hi bkkroyal,

I have sent a message to our team in Barcelona Airport to request the details of the current ITMR fleet.

As this is subject to change at short notice, we would not be able to guarantee the exact fleet, however I will be happy to let you know what is currently available once I have this information from the branch.

In the meantime, if you require anything further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by bkkroyal
Hi,

I am interested in renting an Audi A3 cabriolet from Barcelona airport the last weekend in August. However, it seems that for this category (ITMR) I could also end up with a Peugeot 308 cabrio which I don't think is worth the same premium to a non-cabrio car.

I know there may be no cast iron guarantees on which one I would get - even if I request the Audi - but to try and figure out my odds of getting what I want can you confirm what Barcelona Airport currently has in its fleet for this category?

thanks , Jon.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:02 am

Hi bkkroyal,

I have been informed by the Barcelona Airport branch that the vehciles they currently have in the ITMR category are Peugeot 308 cabrio, VW Bettle Cabrio, Audi A3 Cabrio.

We are unable to guarantee which you would receive for your rental, however if you would like to place a preference, please let me know the reservation number in a private message, and I will be happy to assist you with this.

Best regards,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by bkkroyal
Hi,

thanks , Jon.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: *G
Hi,

I made a reservation to rent a car for 16 days from LAX. However reading the rental information and the topic about the LAX office not being direcly in the airport, I would like to confirm that it still counts as a location servicing an airport?

To make it completely clear, the rental information says:
"The territorial restrictions stated in the table above apply to all renters who pick-up at locations not servicing an airport or port.
Renters using the rental vehicle in violation of the applicable territorial restrictions will be charged a fee of $0.50 for each mile the vehicle has been driven during the rental."
And thus with the rental from the LAX office, I can drive in Utah without violating any restrictions and without any extra fees?

Also, we're two people for the trip, and was considering if we should have both as drivers. As we're both below 25, will the young driver surcharge be added for both drivers, or just for one?

Thanks in advance, was a pleasure reading through the amazing customer service you've provided here on FT :-)
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi bkkroyal,

We are unable to guarantee which you would receive for your rental, however if you would like to place a preference, please let me know the reservation number in a private message, and I will be happy to assist you with this.

Best regards,

Gary Caudwell.
Hi Gary - I will do as suggested once I have the booking confirmed. Thanks for your assistance! best regards, Jon.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Stuttgart HBF

Hi Gary

We've booked to pick up a car at Stuttgart train station on a Saturday afternoon in September. If we catch an earlier train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart are we able to collect the car earlier and drop it off earlier? We have pre paid for the car in the UK.
In addition, can you advise me where to find the rental office at the train station in Stuttgart or is there a phone number i need to call on arrival?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Tanya934
Hi Gary

We've booked to pick up a car at Stuttgart train station on a Saturday afternoon in September. If we catch an earlier train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart are we able to collect the car earlier and drop it off earlier? We have pre paid for the car in the UK.
In addition, can you advise me where to find the rental office at the train station in Stuttgart or is there a phone number i need to call on arrival?

Hi Tanya934,

If you can please send me a private message with your reservation number included I will be more than happy to see what I can do for you in regards to the collection. I will also provide you with all the other details you require.

I hope this is okay for you.

Many thanks, Louise
Old Aug 4, 2014, 2:42 pm

I have reserved a car at the Dortmund Germany location for a very favorable rate Aug 10- Aug 17.
I did not do the prepay but have a receipt for the rental with the price due: app 148.00 euro vat included.

I have the reservation code in Passbook on my iPhone

I just wanted to check to be sure the Sixt location will honor that rate?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:38 am

Hi,

The rate you have been given and secured your reservation on will be the rate that will be honoured upon collection of your vehicle. The only reason this may change is if you decide to take any additional extras upon collection at the branch.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by tomjtx
I have reserved a car at the Dortmund Germany location for a very favorable rate Aug 10- Aug 17.
I did not do the prepay but have a receipt for the rental with the price due: app 148.00 euro vat included.

I have the reservation code in Passbook on my iPhone

I just wanted to check to be sure the Sixt location will honor that rate?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by studentCPH
Hi,

I made a reservation to rent a car for 16 days from LAX. However reading the rental information and the topic about the LAX office not being direcly in the airport, I would like to confirm that it still counts as a location servicing an airport?

To make it completely clear, the rental information says:
"The territorial restrictions stated in the table above apply to all renters who pick-up at locations not servicing an airport or port.
Renters using the rental vehicle in violation of the applicable territorial restrictions will be charged a fee of $0.50 for each mile the vehicle has been driven during the rental."
And thus with the rental from the LAX office, I can drive in Utah without violating any restrictions and without any extra fees?

Also, we're two people for the trip, and was considering if we should have both as drivers. As we're both below 25, will the young driver surcharge be added for both drivers, or just for one?

Thanks in advance, was a pleasure reading through the amazing customer service you've provided here on FT :-)
Hi Louise,

I think this question might've been overlooked, any chance of a reply?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.