Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Originally Posted by Korgi
Unhappy with Sixt!

As we are having a ski holiday over Christmas, I ordered a BMW X1 over the Christmas period back in Jun 12. Ordered X1 because of its ability to handle snowy mountain roads better.

Got to Munich airport on 22 Dec only to be told they don't have X1 available at the moment! I placed the order 6 months ago and you couldn't arrange it? The lady was very friendly but told me there is nothign they can do. Told me I could try another branch but she cannot see whether they have X1 available either.

Seeing I just got off a 10 hrs flight, was not going to run around town looking for another vehicle. Asked what other 4WD or AWD they have, she told me only the Ford Kuga or the Subaru Forrester was available. I settled for the Subaru. However, she wanted to charge me 40% more for the Subaru! Told her this is unacceptable as Subaru should be a cheaper class, Sixt messed up with my original order and now you want to charge me more! After some chat with her supervisor, best they could offer was a price +- 10% cheaper than my X1 booking.

To top it off, when I got to the vehicle, the petrol tank is not even full. Called the help line and the lady said I can go fill up now and they will refund me later. Hope they keep their word this time.

All in all, not a great experience or good start to my Christmas holiday. Is there anything I can do or anywhere I can lodge a complaint? Oh, I have a Sixt Platinum card.
As a Sixt Platium member you should have known that's not possible to reserve a specific car. Or are you only Platium by statusmatch, which I suspect?

Last edited by tgv2; Dec 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm
Old Dec 28, 2012, 5:50 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Sixt Reps...I was looking for a M5 however I see now that I can rent a 6 series XSAR in FRA in May, but I am limited to 2100km, I'm pretty sure i'll be driving over that maybe around 2700ish...I am a platinum with sixt (not sure it matters) but is there anyway to get unlimited km?
XSAR group does come with unavoidable mileage restriction "1000 free kilometres (500km / Day; £ 0,56 / Excess mileage), Third Party Insurance, Premium location fee"

The above is from www.sixt.co.uk

You can book PDAR or LDAR without a restriction.

Best regards, Gary
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tedfox
Hi,

I'm new to sixt, and I noticed on Delta's website that there is a 15% discount for Gold and Platinium medallion members.

Can I know how to get a quote with this discount? The only place I see to enter our FF number is at the last page of the reservation, however that would not affect the quotation of my reservation.

tried applying for a sixt gold card over here: http://www.sixt.com/rental-services/...ixt-gold-card/
But when I go into mysixt, the status is still pending, and it's showing only an express card. Will it turn to a gold card subsequently?

Will a delta gold give me a platinium card? Any special requirements to do so?

Here is the link to our current partners http://www.sixt.com/further-informat.../sixt-partner/

I have checked your profile as per your private message and requested some further detail from you. I look forward to hearing from you. Gary
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Korgi
Unhappy with Sixt!

As we are having a ski holiday over Christmas, I ordered a BMW X1 over the Christmas period back in Jun 12. Ordered X1 because of its ability to handle snowy mountain roads better.

Got to Munich airport on 22 Dec only to be told they don't have X1 available at the moment! I placed the order 6 months ago and you couldn't arrange it? The lady was very friendly but told me there is nothign they can do. Told me I could try another branch but she cannot see whether they have X1 available either.

Seeing I just got off a 10 hrs flight, was not going to run around town looking for another vehicle. Asked what other 4WD or AWD they have, she told me only the Ford Kuga or the Subaru Forrester was available. I settled for the Subaru. However, she wanted to charge me 40% more for the Subaru! Told her this is unacceptable as Subaru should be a cheaper class, Sixt messed up with my original order and now you want to charge me more! After some chat with her supervisor, best they could offer was a price +- 10% cheaper than my X1 booking.

To top it off, when I got to the vehicle, the petrol tank is not even full. Called the help line and the lady said I can go fill up now and they will refund me later. Hope they keep their word this time.

All in all, not a great experience or good start to my Christmas holiday. Is there anything I can do or anywhere I can lodge a complaint? Oh, I have a Sixt Platinum card.

Thank you for forwarding the reservation number to me in a private message. We are sorry that you are disappointed with our service on this occasion, we never like to hear our customer is not happy.

The specific vehicle model can not be guaranteed, our commitment is to supply you a vehicle within the group or on rare occasions where this not possible then a free upgrade should be offered.

Sixt operates a full to full policy, I am very sorry that the vehicle received was not full and I understand that this brings with it some additional inconvenience.

I have raised your concerns with the Branch Manager, when I receive the conclusion of her investigation I will conclude this matter in a private message to you. Due to the timing, this may not happen until after the New Year.

Best regards, Gary

Last edited by Gary Coughlan; Dec 28, 2012 at 6:47 am
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:04 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
XSAR group does come with unavoidable mileage restriction "1000 free kilometres (500km / Day; £ 0,56 / Excess mileage), Third Party Insurance, Premium location fee"

The above is from www.sixt.co.uk

You can book PDAR or LDAR without a restriction.

Best regards, Gary
When I look at the booking I am limited to 300km a day 7 days = 2100km if it was 500km = 3500km and that would work if available.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Yes, you are right. The mileage allowance varies dependant on the length of rental. The example I gave was for a two day hire. Are you tied in on the length of rental?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:38 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Yes, you are right. The mileage allowance varies dependant on the length of rental. The example I gave was for a two day hire. Are you tied in on the length of rental?
I'll be Germany for a 8 days but would rent a car for 7, my current plan is driving around 2700km...I am hesitant to rent the XSAR for that reason even though I can rent something cheaper with unlimited mileage 7 series etc...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Sixt Reps...I was looking for a M5 however I see now that I can rent a 6 series XSAR in FRA in May, but I am limited to 2100km, I'm pretty sure i'll be driving over that maybe around 2700ish...I am a platinum with sixt (not sure it matters) but is there anyway to get unlimited km?
I think even with a company account on special cars you have a km limitation.

maybe it would be cheaper to rent and keep the cars 2 days longer?

If you can wait til end of march or april you may be able to book an M5 with possibly even less km included.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG platinum, Sixt platinum
Originally Posted by tgv2
As a Sixt Platium member you should have known that's not possible to reserve a specific car. Or are you only Platium by statusmatch, which I suspect?
Understand that specific car cannot be guaranteed, but should at least guarantee a car of the same category. This was not the case here.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by tgv2
Understand that specific car cannot be guaranteed, but should at least guarantee a car of the same category. This was not the case here.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:15 pm

Thank you for forwarding the reservation number to me in a private message. We are sorry that you are disappointed with our service on this occasion, we never like to hear our customer is not happy.

The specific vehicle model can not be guaranteed, our commitment is to supply you a vehicle within the group or on rare occasions where this not possible then a free upgrade should be offered.

Sixt operates a full to full policy, I am very sorry that the vehicle received was not full and I understand that this brings with it some additional inconvenience.

I have raised your concerns with the Branch Manager, when I receive the conclusion of her investigation I will conclude this matter in a private message to you. Due to the timing, this may not happen until after the New Year.

Best regards, Gary
Gary, thank you for your attention to this matter.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:45 am

Hi Jancker,

Please see the following link - http://www.sixt.com/further-informat...hotels-resorts - for more information on Club Carlson. I would also like to advise you on your Sixt account, please private message me with your Sixt card number and email address to further your query.

Thanks Matthew

Originally Posted by Jancker
Hi Gary,

when I try to make a booking via the Club Carlson website (where I am Gold) it always only has me down as Red Elite when making the booking. That then probably means I am not getting the maximum discount I could be getting. Is it possible to link my Club Carlson account to my Sixt account?

Also, with an American Express Platinum Card, does that mean you automatically get Platinum with Sixt? (does Platinum still exist?)
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Hi Sixt team and anyone else,

another round of questions:

On sixt.de it lists Deutsche Bahn as a partner, and says BahnCard holders can use a specific discount code. How can I use this? Is it combinable with pre-paid tariff?

Second, I'm currently arranging a trip with friends in late February. We'll probably be taking two cars from ECMR, CDMR or CLMR. From previous rentals from the Munich Schwabing branch I have seen:
ECMR - Polos and Fiestas
CLMR - Golfs
CDMR - I don't know what this would be - the description is very wide.
The question is what can I expect in CLMR (aside from a Golf) and CDMR at all?
And which category am I most likely to get an automatic car?
And finally, if i request an auto (sixt.de has it as a request, not a guarantee) - what are the options if they don't have an auto in that class?

Thanks again guys, your presence here is invaluable!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:04 am

Hi Syme,

It is possible to add a Deutsche BahnCard to your Sixt card profile. This will link so that when you make a reservation the best available rates for this benefit are drawn through.

From Munich Schwabing the example vehicles are:

CLMR - Ford Focus, Opel Astra and VW Golf.
CDMR - Peugeot 308, Ford B-Max, Mini, Opel Meriva.

For an automatic choose a vehicle in a group with the third category letter = 'A', i.e. CDAR or CLAR.

If in the case no automatic is available in the specific class booked we will provide the next best alternative in a similar class.

Let me know via PM if you need help adding your Deutsche BahnCard to your Sixt account.

Thanks Matthew

Originally Posted by Syme
Hi Sixt team and anyone else,

another round of questions:

On sixt.de it lists Deutsche Bahn as a partner, and says BahnCard holders can use a specific discount code. How can I use this? Is it combinable with pre-paid tariff?

Second, I'm currently arranging a trip with friends in late February. We'll probably be taking two cars from ECMR, CDMR or CLMR. From previous rentals from the Munich Schwabing branch I have seen:
ECMR - Polos and Fiestas
CLMR - Golfs
CDMR - I don't know what this would be - the description is very wide.
The question is what can I expect in CLMR (aside from a Golf) and CDMR at all?
And which category am I most likely to get an automatic car?
And finally, if i request an auto (sixt.de has it as a request, not a guarantee) - what are the options if they don't have an auto in that class?

Thanks again guys, your presence here is invaluable!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:52 am

Matthew, you cannot book CDAR or CLAR in Germany. only from websites outside of Germany. therefore the answer to the question, what happens if you book automatic as a request with CDMR or CLMR, is: you may get an automatic, you may not.
and the option, if it doesnt have automatic is: go home without a car.

deutsche bahn should also have prepaid...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.