Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:04 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi SLV,

Thanks for your post. As this can vary between different locations, please could you confirm the branch that you would like to hire from and I will check this for you as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by SLV
Is it true there is no fee for renters 21-25?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:32 am

Hi dmattj,

Thanks for your post. Please could you send me your reservation number, flight number and the time that you expect to arrive at the branch in a private message? I will ensure the branch are aware of when you will be arriving to collect the vehicle.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by dmattj
Hi Gary

My reservation is for a 9PM pickup and my flight doesn't arrive at MIA until 9:25. Should I call and let the desk know that it might be 10PM before I pick up the car? I only ask because I read someone had an experience where they were 45 minutes past their reserve time and rez wasn't honored.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

First time that I was able to reserve with Sixt (using sixr.de) here in the US (normally I use Sixt when I'm on vacation in Germany).

I might be confusing this with Hertz, but was there an advantage as a Platinum member iro Additional Drivers? I know with Hertz my wife is an additional driver for free (Gold). Is it the same with Sixt?

I'm undedicated between STAR and XTAR. Do you know what cars the station usually stocks (I'm aware that this changes)?

Thanks,
Marc
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:58 am

Question PDAR Current Line up - Manchester UK

Hi,

Just wondered what the current line up of cars is in the PDAR category. I will be renting soon out of Manchester airport.

Also same question for the FDAR category.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Smile Food truck at FLL

I picked up a car at the Ft. Lauderdale location this morning about 8:30am. The CSR pointed to a food truck on the lot and asked me if I wanted some food. " it's free" he said. Sure enough there was a sign saying "free food", several people seemed to be enjoying it. Nice touch.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:27 am

Hi blitzen,

Thanks for your post.

The current benefits of the Platinum card include a discount of upto 15%, as well as a free upgrade (subject to availability). A free additional driver is not currently offered.

As the fleet varies between locations, please could you advise me which location you would be looking to rent from, and I will look into what they currently have in the categories STAR and XTAR.

In the meantime, if you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

First time that I was able to reserve with Sixt (using sixr.de) here in the US (normally I use Sixt when I'm on vacation in Germany).

I might be confusing this with Hertz, but was there an advantage as a Platinum member iro Additional Drivers? I know with Hertz my wife is an additional driver for free (Gold). Is it the same with Sixt?

I'm undedicated between STAR and XTAR. Do you know what cars the station usually stocks (I'm aware that this changes)?

Thanks,
Marc
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Sixt - Any Questions?

The station in question is PHX
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by welch9
Hi,

Just wondered what the current line up of cars is in the PDAR category. I will be renting soon out of Manchester airport.

Also same question for the FDAR category.
Sorry to be a pain but also can you tell me what is in your ILMR range, I saw some really nice BMW 1 Series M Sport's in the Manchester branch car park, are these in this category?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:45 am

Hi welch9,

Thanks for your post. I have contacted the Manchester Airport branch, who have informed me that their current fleet for category ILMR is the BMW 1-series. The FDAR is curerntly the Mercedes C-Class and BMW 3-series and the PDAR is Mercedes C-Class and BMW 5-series.

As the fleet is subject to change at short notice, we can't guarantee a specific make or model, but I hope this information helps.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Sorry to be a pain but also can you tell me what is in your ILMR range, I saw some really nice BMW 1 Series M Sport's in the Manchester branch car park, are these in this category?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:58 am

Question

Please can you tell me which cars come under you LSAR category at your Dubai Airport Terminal 1 branch please. I am deciding on a booking for soon.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:40 am

Hi welch9,

Thanks for your post. The LSAR category at Dubai International Airport is currently the Mercedes Benz C-Coupe automatic.

We are not able to guarantee a specific made and model. However, I can put a preference on your reservation and the branch will do their best to provide this for your rental. Please send me a private message with your reservation number if you would like me to add this request.

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Please can you tell me which cars come under you LSAR category at your Dubai Airport Terminal 1 branch please. I am deciding on a booking for soon.

Last edited by SixtCustomerServices; Mar 3, 2014 at 6:57 am
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, QF Platinum and Shangri La Jade
XCAR Las Vegas

Could you please advise if I book the XCAR (which seems to be highest available booking category in Las Vegas) will I get pick of any car on lot? I'm a Platinum member if that makes any difference.

Also, what models are presently (or will be mid June) within this category there in Las Vegas?

Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:13 am

Hi AussieCR,

Thanks for your post. I can confirm that the example models of the XCAR range in Las Vegas are the BMW 5-series or Mercedes Benz E-class.

I have requested further informaton regarding the current fleet at the Las Vegas location from my colleagues in the USA, and I will let you know as soon as I have any further information.

In the meantime, if you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by AussieCR
Could you please advise if I book the XCAR (which seems to be highest available booking category in Las Vegas) will I get pick of any car on lot? I'm a Platinum member if that makes any difference.

Also, what models are presently (or will be mid June) within this category there in Las Vegas?

Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:18 am

528i and E350.
it won't get much more specific than that, I guess.

if not available should be X5 35i and GL450

and no, the platinum card does make a difference.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Hi Gary,

I'm wondering what the process is for rentals at LIR since I've heard there is no actual agency there.

Looking at a booking for December and am planning to have two or three additional drivers (my parents and brother) on the reservation and want to make sure that will be possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.