Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore OW lounges - which are best for working and time limits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

I'm leaving Singapore tomorrow on the 11.15pm BA flight back to LHR. Have to check out of my hotel at midday. I need to get some work done so can find some coffee shop to hang out in here, or just head to the airport and work in the lounge. I tend to get more done if I know I'm not under pressure to get anywhere so the second option appeals.

I'm BA Gold, is it likely I will be able to drop my checked luggage early (if I headed over there at say 4pm) and will they throw me out of the lounge after three hours. I guess I can use any OW lounge so suggestions for the best one to work in also useful
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:10 am

Looks like you'll be able to do your check in up to 12 hours before departure:
http://www.changiairport.com/en/pass...ckinearly.html

I've never personally used the BA lounge, but the QF lounge is nearby and that has excellent shower facilities as well as a couple of cooked to order options in addition to the buffet. Guess you could check out both lounges and settle in whichever one suits you best!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:31 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Personally I find the QF Lounge better. The BA Lounge is the only other OW lounge worth considering which is next door.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both. Now sat in LHR T5 arrivals.

Got to Changi at 4pm - was surprised by the checkin lounge for passengers with status and first/business class.

Heading to the Quantas Lounge and worked there until my flight boarded. Nice food - really good salads and all well labelled (I have food allergies so it always helps not to eat something I'm allergic to right before a flight!)

As an additional surprise at some point in proceedings I got an op-up from WT+ to Business, a very nice upgrade on a 14 hour flight. I'd spotted that my seat had been moved some rows forward but also that it was still a right side window seat (which is what I like) so didn't think any more of it. Those few rows took me in front of the curtain
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:50 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Op-up on BA is not so rare; much less frequent on QF. Congrats on your fine experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.