Search

Which Singapore Changi transit hotel?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
thanks all
I have been many times so not concerned re sights
worried about the reports of construction work noise when the whole point is good sleep. think i might use IHG points for CP after all for the outbound full night then have a look at the others when over there..
The desk clerk warned me that there'd probably be some construction noise around 1 AM. That did concern me, as I tend to wake up too readily in such situations, but it turned out not to be a problem. This was in late March; YMMV.
Old May 16, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I have stayed at both Ambassador and Aerotel quite a few times. I remember one time I got a room with windows, right above a gate with an SQ plane parked there overnight.

Used Aerotel couple weeks ago, didn't hear any construction noise.

Last edited by beep88; May 29, 2018 at 9:42 am
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Can someone clarify the best way to book one of these airport hotel rooms (Aerotel most likely)? Must this be done in advance? I see them on booking sites as non-refundable with only 1 or 2 [private bath] rooms left for my date in December.

Also....I have a flight arriving at 01:40am and departing at 09:00am. Should I book my 6-hour block for the actual date (post-midnight), or the day prior as would be typical with a normal hotel w/ late arrival?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
Can someone clarify the best way to book one of these airport hotel rooms (Aerotel most likely)? Must this be done in advance? I see them on booking sites as non-refundable with only 1 or 2 [private bath] rooms left for my date in December.

Also....I have a flight arriving at 01:40am and departing at 09:00am. Should I book my 6-hour block for the actual date (post-midnight), or the day prior as would be typical with a normal hotel w/ late arrival?
Unless they've changed things since March, advance reservations are not required. There is of course the possibility that if you don't you'll find them booked full when you arrive; I don't know how likely that is.

My guess is you'd book for the actual date.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:48 pm

Just to put it out here as a option out of Changi Airport.

Hotel Indigo Katong and Holiday Inn Express opened in June, so if you don't want to head into town, but want to head out of Changi Airport, this would be an option. It's located behind Grand Mercure Roxy (so in a slightly different neighbourhood from the city centre), with easy access to the airport (15 minutes) and with all the necessary amenities around.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by 1015-1k

I booked Aerotel on 3rd party site with 2 days advance cancellation. No deposit required.

You book your stay as per your arrival time. I chose the arrival time on the booking site, and the following appeared on the confirmation.

"Approximate time of arrival: between 00:00 and 01:00 hours the next day."

They always advise people to book in advance. I have always been able to get a single room with no bath upon walk-in, around midnight time. Sometimes the room would be in the other terminal. But if you have strict requirements about your room, you should book in advance.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Would appreciate any input/advice about my situation next month.

Will be arriving SIN on United (Terminal 2) at 1:40am. I'm hesitant to book a hotel room for that night in the city, so am thinking of booking a room in one of the transit hotels for 6-8 hours, then taking a taxi/uber to my hotel in the city and hope to check in early (9-10am). Does this sound reasonable or can you think of better ideas? The Crowne Plaza is one option but of course it's more pricey.

Also, as a Star Alliance Gold member, will I be able to access one of the Star lounges that morning (8 hours after arrival) for coffee/breakfast?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Also, as a Star Alliance Gold member, will I be able to access one of the Star lounges that morning (8 hours after arrival) for coffee/breakfast?
I my understanding is correct, there is no access to lounges after arrival. SQ does not allow that. There was an option to go to lounges accepting Priority Pass after arrival, but recently this practice was closed down as well.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:48 am

It sounds like all the terminals (1,2 and 3 at least) are connected airside? I saw a few reviews online (hotels.com) for airside hotels where people complain that they had a flight from terminal 1 (for example), hotel was in terminal 2, and they were unable to access it. That sounds like a "user error", doesn't it?

Also, did anyone have experience with early bag drop off at SIN (I suppose that warrants its own topic, but it's directly related). Several airlines I am considering are listed on Changi website, but other than that I can't find any information (and being lowcost-ers, they don't reply much to messages). I'd like to drop bags off around 11pm, go inside and sleep in one of the transit hotels, and take an early flight (7-8am)?

Any information would be appreciated!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:06 pm

My transit hotel stays were almost always at a terminal (among 1, 2, 3) different from my flight arrival. You can walk between T1-2-3. The trains run from early morning till late night.

Early bag drop is possible only with airlines offering early check-in, the list is published on Changi website. Low cost airlines do not offer this service. You can't even do air side transit with these until the check-in is officially open.

And yes I've done check-in the night before, stayed at transit hotel air side, and flew out the next day.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by br2k
It sounds like all the terminals (1,2 and 3 at least) are connected airside? I saw a few reviews online (hotels.com) for airside hotels where people complain that they had a flight from terminal 1 (for example), hotel was in terminal 2, and they were unable to access it. That sounds like a "user error", doesn't it?

Also, did anyone have experience with early bag drop off at SIN (I suppose that warrants its own topic, but it's directly related). Several airlines I am considering are listed on Changi website, but other than that I can't find any information (and being lowcost-ers, they don't reply much to messages). I'd like to drop bags off around 11pm, go inside and sleep in one of the transit hotels, and take an early flight (7-8am)?If

Any information would be appreciated!
If you can't get early check in to drop bags and then sleep there was a landside transit hotel at T3 arrival far right side after exiting to arrivals hall that I have used for early morning LCC carrier departure.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:42 pm

Ok, looks like I am flying Scoot. Changi website says they allow early check in (up to 18 hours earlier, though it does not specify if it can be for the next day) but I can't find matching info on the Scoot website, and they don't reply to emails. Thanks all for info - I guess I'll hope that the website is correct, or stay at a landside hotel if it is not.

Update: Scoot replied, no early check in, in spite of what Changi website claims. Airside hotel it is, I guess.

Last edited by br2k; Mar 24, 2018 at 10:29 am
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:44 am

Airport site shows 18 hours, T2 Row 10/11 , and the handling agent.

Given it is an handling agent, I would be optimistic that it is indeed possible to check-in early.

And on Scoot's website: https://fly-scoot.com/en/scoot-all-t...port/check-in/

Scoot's got your convenience in mind and offers an Early Check-in service so you can drop your bags off up to 12 hours before your flight departs. That way you'll have half a day free to stroll around the city centre or restaurants and shops at Changi Airport!

Early Check-in is available free of charge on flights out of Singapore. So head to Row 11 & 12 at Terminal 2 early to check-in well ahead of time for your flight at:
  • ScootBiz counter - during flight operating hours.
  • Any Scoot check-in counter you find open - outside of flight operating hours.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Ambassador is everything is says it is. We arrived from Zurich just prior to 6am, and onward to Sydney at 0045. We had booked 2 blocks of 6 hrs from 6am. By the time we got off and wandered up to the hotel and checked in (which took a little while) they booked us in at 0630 for the whole 12 hrs. Room was internal, the bed was comfortable, the air con worked we slept for 10 hrs, took showers, dressed and left. Perfect - we then went and had some Silver Kris Lounge time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.