Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Airport Hotel Rooms

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Changing Airport Hotel Rooms

It has been a long time since my last visit to SIN. I have forgotten if airport hotel is accessed prior to going through Immigration. I suspect it is.

My question has to do with arrival at 12:10 am. Is it possible to stay at airport hotel for 6-8 hours and go into city in the morning? Will there be questions about delay in going through Immigration even though the answer is easy- too tired!

Same on departure. Can one stay in airport hotel night before early morning departure?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by SA_robert
It has been a long time since my last visit to SIN. I have forgotten if airport hotel is accessed prior to going through Immigration. I suspect it is.

My question has to do with arrival at 12:10 am. Is it possible to stay at airport hotel for 6-8 hours and go into city in the morning? Will there be questions about delay in going through Immigration even though the answer is easy- too tired!

Same on departure. Can one stay in airport hotel night before early morning departure?

Any advice is appreciated.
Arrival YES. I am too cheap to pay overnight taxi rate into the city and then get a few hours for my one paid day.

Departure NO as the transit hotel is airside and you need a airline checked or issued BP to get airside. However look in this thread as IIRC there is a landside hourly sleeping lounge now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...l#post23553648
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
Arrival YES. I am too cheap to pay overnight taxi rate into the city and then get a few hours for my one paid day.

Departure NO as the transit hotel is airside and you need a airline checked or issued BP to get airside. However look in this thread as IIRC there is a landside hourly sleeping lounge now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...l#post23553648
Thanks for info. On departure, would it not be possible to enter airport and get boarding pass the night before or download it through online check-in process?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by SA_robert
Thanks for info. On departure, would it not be possible to enter airport and get boarding pass the night before or download it through online check-in process?
You can enter the airport terminal.

You need an airline issued boarding pass or your OLCI BP stamped by the airline to enter departure immigration hall and exit immigration processed before you are airside.
For morning departure it is usually 3hrs before when check in desk opens.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
>> Can one stay in airport hotel night before early morning departure?

Absolute can. Been there. Done that. (if you airline provides the relevant service)

As mentioned you need an airline-issued boarding pass (or airline-stamped self-printed one) to go through immigration and access the transit hotels.

With SQ and MI, I suppose you can even spend 2 nights there before your departure, maybe? LOL

If flying UA, then no, because you won't get an official boarding pass until 3 hours before departure.

Early check-in details:

http://www.changiairport.com/passeng...early-check-in

So I checked-in for my SQ flight the night before. Staff reminded me it's for next day departure. Went through immigration and straight to Silverkris lounge for shower and late night snacks. Again staff reminded me of the next day departure. Retired at the transit hotel for 6 hours. Went back to SIlverkris for breakfast in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.