Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Singapore Airport Lounges?

Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SQ319
SQ didn't do it to confuse anyone and this name existed way before FFPs and different membership levels became a norm. This is quoted from the SilverKris inflight magazine
It wasn't membership levels I was thinking of rather than the fact that gold is more valuable than silver. I understand it now, but I still think it's stupid and confusing.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by beep88
I have visited them all.

skyview Lounge - the best of the lot, also used by CX . Departing boarding pass is required for admission.

Green Market - it's a restaurant in every way. You get a so-called "Japanese" set menu with appetizer buffet. 1 non-alocholic drink, and unlimited green tea. It's an OK meal compared to lounge food. No shower/toilet. You use public washroom in the shopping area. Also it's closed overnight.

Rainforest - almost theme-park like internet cafe. I had a look from the outside, inquired about the "sleeping area" and left. The "sleeping area" costs extra even with PP, and it costs more than the transit hotel if staying for 6 hours. They are not private rooms like at the transit hotel.

Ambassador Transit lounges - quite dated. mediocre food. 3 hour limit IIRC. They make you wear a big sticker indicating the time you need to leave the place. Co-ed washrooms where the waste baskets had no cover so used feminine products in plain view. Eeeew. Dimly lit showers and it gives an impression (could be the reality too) that they are not too clean.

SATS lounges: Don't think they are dreadful - I visited 2 of those. They are better than Rainforest or Ambassador Transit loungers, perhaps just slightly below Skyview. They have a few cradle reclining lounge chairs in a secluded but not private area.
Fantastic summary ^

A few more lounges have entered the fray since your previous post:

Airport Wellness Oasis (T1)
Dnata Lounge (T3)
The Haven by JetQuay (T3)

Does anyone have any reviews for these?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Haven Lounge (T3)

Just finishing up a 5 hour stay at this lounge.
This is a pay per use lounge located landside on the arrivals level of Terminal 3.
Follow the signs for "Pay Per Use Lounge" or look at the map (it's across from the 24 hour McDonald's). I arrived just after midnight and was contemplating a visit to either the Haven or the Ambassador Transit Lounge. Prices are comparable, assuming you are looking for the basics (wifi, shower, lounge chairs, free snacks/drinks).

I went with the 5 hour Lounge Package which included all the basics and a "meal", which is really a decent snack size. You can choose from an American/European style breakfast (eggs, sausage/beans, and toast), dim sum, or some roti. They will serve it whenever you are ready in the eating area.
The lounge itself is not super huge but the furnishings are nice and power outlets are plentiful. It was not crowded at 1am but things are fairly busy now at 7am.

The Haven also offers nap rooms, which have separate pricing, but they can fill up fast. That said, if you have an eyeshade and ear plugs and don't mind planking, you can accomplish something similar.

Showers were nice and clean. Wifi speed is comparable to the airport free wifi, maybe a smidge faster. Free snacks consisted of a coffee machine, tea, juice, soda, instant noodles, toast, and crackers.

Would certainly come back again, although if napping is the utmost importance (and you don't want to visit the transit hotel), I would suggest making a reservation.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by izzik
Just finishing up a 5 hour stay at this lounge.
This is a pay per use lounge located landside on the arrivals level of Terminal 3.
Follow the signs for "Pay Per Use Lounge" or look at the map (it's across from the 24 hour McDonald's). I arrived just after midnight and was contemplating a visit to either the Haven or the Ambassador Transit Lounge. Prices are comparable, assuming you are looking for the basics (wifi, shower, lounge chairs, free snacks/drinks).

I went with the 5 hour Lounge Package which included all the basics and a "meal", which is really a decent snack size. You can choose from an American/European style breakfast (eggs, sausage/beans, and toast), dim sum, or some roti. They will serve it whenever you are ready in the eating area.
The lounge itself is not super huge but the furnishings are nice and power outlets are plentiful. It was not crowded at 1am but things are fairly busy now at 7am.

The Haven also offers nap rooms, which have separate pricing, but they can fill up fast. That said, if you have an eyeshade and ear plugs and don't mind planking, you can accomplish something similar.

Showers were nice and clean. Wifi speed is comparable to the airport free wifi, maybe a smidge faster. Free snacks consisted of a coffee machine, tea, juice, soda, instant noodles, toast, and crackers.

Would certainly come back again, although if napping is the utmost importance (and you don't want to visit the transit hotel), I would suggest making a reservation.
Thank you for your review.
Any idea if what sort of package will priority pass entitle you to?

These all sound pretty good but if Haven is going to discriminate cash paying pax from PP pax, then ultimately Skyview/Ambassador might be a better choice considering how the Haven is located really inconveniently in the landside area
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

i cannot imagine how they could differentiate PP vs cash customers.
other than maybe not getting the snack? there was a priority pass sign on the counter but I didn't ask details .. there was also some sign about SIA passengers getting a discount with their boarding pass - not sure.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:57 am

I used the SilverKris lounge when I flew on Business class last year, at Terminal 3. Here was the video I took of the lounge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yWUCd44nXk
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Went to the SATS Premier Lounge at T2 not too far back. Pretty decent and if you have a Amex Ascend Card, you get 4 complimentary visits a year.

Trip Report: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...nge-terminal-2
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by izzik
i cannot imagine how they could differentiate PP vs cash customers.
other than maybe not getting the snack? there was a priority pass sign on the counter but I didn't ask details .. there was also some sign about SIA passengers getting a discount with their boarding pass - not sure.
They do not differentiate. They just swipe your card, get you to sign and in you go.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger
Thank you for your review.
Any idea if what sort of package will priority pass entitle you to?

These all sound pretty good but if Haven is going to discriminate cash paying pax from PP pax, then ultimately Skyview/Ambassador might be a better choice considering how the Haven is located really inconveniently in the landside area
All lounge information here
http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/airline-lounges

I found the Skyview lounge quite ok
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Nap / sleeping beds?

Does anyone know if Priority Pass members have to pay for the naprooms at the Ambassador Transit Lounge? It seems so but it is not clear what the rate is, from the PP site, it just states they are available.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger
Airport Wellness Oasis (T1)
Popped in here a couple of days ago, with Priority Pass card.

On the ground floor, below the Skyview lounge.
Informed by reception that PP gains entry for 20 minutes only, soft drinks only, and fish spa treatment only.

The lounge is predominantly a (pay for) spa, with a selection of massage type treatments, priced accordingly.
The food & drink is minimal.
The daylight and window views are poor compared with the Skyview lounge upstairs, unsurprisingly.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:09 pm

Hi fellow FTs, my friend and I are currently KF Gold member.

We are flying to Bangkok on Thai Airways with another 2 of our friends.

Are we allowed to guest them into the Thai Lounge in T1?

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Traflying
Hi fellow FTs, my friend and I are currently KF Gold member.

We are flying to Bangkok on Thai Airways with another 2 of our friends.

Are we allowed to guest them into the Thai Lounge in T1?

Thanks!
Yes, one *G can guest in one person flying on *A metal, so you'll all be fine.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Yes, one *G can guest in one person flying on *A metal, so you'll all be fine.
Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Anyone have experience with the nap rooms in the Airport Wellness Oasis? Already made a reservation via email...but wondering about cleanliness, quiet, etc.

Aside from the Ambassador and Rainforest lounges, are there other nap room services available *airside*?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.