Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare question....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Fare question....

I'm trying to a get a RT fare from HKG/SIN in coach. The outbound is March 28th and the return is March 30th. When I go on the website the default flights are 865 and 868 for a total of 1647 HKD. I'd like to switch it to 891 and 2 respectively. However, when I quote it with the new flights it adds 150HKDs to each leg, even though it says it should stay at 1647HKDs. Would someone that's smarter than me try the same and see what my malfunction is please?

I've yet to find a US based # for SA that I can call and ask...Thanks much!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:01 pm

No malfuntion. Welcome to SQ. They add premiums to many flights while still displaying the lowest fare available. You only realise there's a premium when you select the flight. The most egregious is the A380 premium they have on many sectors (try SIN-LHR-SIN to see what I mean).
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phaze
No malfuntion. Welcome to SQ. They add premiums to many flights while still displaying the lowest fare available. You only realise there's a premium when you select the flight. The most egregious is the A380 premium they have on many sectors (try SIN-LHR-SIN to see what I mean).
Thanks Phaze! I do appreciate the response.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.