Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Changi priority for biz class

Does Changi have priority lanes for immigration etc when checking in. Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club, HHonors Diamond
No, it does not have fast track lanes going in or out of Singapore for Business Class. But it's not necessary either. Changi Arport Immigration is very efficient in all terminals. They always have many imigration counters open and the computer systems & immigration officers are very quick. I have been going in and out of Singapore regularly since 1987 and never had to wait more then 5 to 10 minutes maximum. One of the reasons they have been voted "Best Airport in the World" so many times.

Should you fly First Class or Suites out of Singapore on Singapore Airlines, then you can use the seperate First Class check-in area at Terminal 3. That area does have seperate immigration counters for passengers leaving in Singapore Airlines First Class & Suites. This area can also be used by Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club members, regardless of which cabin class they travel in.

Last edited by Beolab; Jun 29, 2016 at 10:16 pm
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:58 am

No priority at immigration (both in and out) - usually not needed outbound, inbound if catched in "rushhour" it can take up to 30 minutes (most extreme I've experienced - more often it's 15-20min) - worst time is probably around 5.30-6pm, when several widebodies from Europe just arrived + quite some flights from Asia.

At the gate, for the security check, there is one lane which is dedicated as fast lane. But I tend to arrive at the gate no more than 15min before departure (thanks to fixed gate closure times, this is very convenient) so there will be not much of a queue left, and I get to board immediately rather then be held at the gate waiting area.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Beolab
No, it does not have fast track lanes going in or out of Singapore for Business Class. But it's not necessary either. Changi Arport Immigration is very efficient in all terminals. They always have many imigration counters open and the computer systems & immigration officers are very quick. I have been going in and out of Singapore regularly since 1987 and never had to wait more then 5 to 10 minutes maximum. One of the reasons they have been voted "Best Airport in the World" so many

Should you fly First Class or Suites out of Singapore on Singapore Airlines, then you can use the seperate First Class check-in area at Terminal 3. That area does have seperate immigration counters for passengers leaving in Singapore Airlines First Class & Suites. This area can also be used by Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club members, regardless of which cabin class they travel in.
I've only ever used the First Class terminal so just didn't know about business class.

Thank you
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I've only ever used the First Class terminal so just didn't know about business class.

Thank you
Changi does not have a First Class terminal.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Changi does not have a First Class terminal.
he may be referring to the Jet Quay
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:58 pm

No, she's referring to the dedicated first class check-in sections in T3 and T2. Not a terminal as such.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
At the gate, for the security check, there is one lane which is dedicated as fast lane. But I tend to arrive at the gate no more than 15min before departure (thanks to fixed gate closure times, this is very convenient) so there will be not much of a queue left, and I get to board immediately rather then be held at the gate waiting area.
There is no fast lane at security. Neither in T2 nor in T3.

Usually 2 lanes are open. In T3 there are certain gates where a few gates share security (i.e. A1 to 8, B1 to 8, A20 to 21) where sometimes more than 2 lanes might be opened.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SQ325
There is no fast lane at security. Neither in T2 nor in T3.

Usually 2 lanes are open. In T3 there are certain gates where a few gates share security (i.e. A1 to 8, B1 to 8, A20 to 21) where sometimes more than 2 lanes might be opened.
Skyteam airlines (certainly KLM) tend to run two queues to gate security. One for premium and elites, and the other for economy.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:58 pm

There are designated Business Class Check In Counters which are located at Door 5 in T3 and Door 1 in T2 (referring to the entry into terminal if you arrive by cab or car).
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by w4rd
Skyteam airlines (certainly KLM) tend to run two queues to gate security. One for premium and elites, and the other for economy.
We are talking about SQ
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SQ325
We are talking about SQ
I thought this was a general discussion about Changi airport
Though posted in the SQ forum, so fair enough.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:19 am

*A airlines also run Priority Security Lanes, and that's at least SQ codeshares
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:29 am

The two *Carriers I usually take ex-SIN are not providing that luxury (not that i miss it). Maybe some Germans Carriers trying to shake up T2 so they might get that done.

But the OP doesnt take a codeshare if iam not mistaken.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by w4rd
I thought this was a general discussion about Changi airport
Though posted in the SQ forum, so fair enough.
I refered to T2 and T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.