Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

GRU -> BCN award availability disappeared in F for a year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRU -> BCN award availability disappeared in F for a year?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:59 am

SQ has rerouted me from BCN to GRU via TAM Brazil and GRU to FRA via Lufthansa. No additional charges involved and J class remains on all sector.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nivla83
SQ has rerouted me from BCN to GRU via TAM Brazil and GRU to FRA via Lufthansa. No additional charges involved and J class remains on all sector.
Both JJ and LH have inferior J product when compare to SQ. I believe their J classes are 2-2-2 layout. I'd suggest ask SQ to rebook you onto LX.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by mediator
Both JJ and LH have inferior J product when compare to SQ. I believe their J classes are 2-2-2 layout. I'd suggest ask SQ to rebook you onto LX.
Although LX is good in certain ways, the flight timing does not fit my schedule and the IFE in their old business cabin on A340-300 is not what I would like, therefore I went for a newer business cabin of JJ B767-300ER and LH A340-600 instead which also has a better flight timing that fits my schedule.

On the other hand, thankfully SQ did not ask me to pay for any additional taxes nor my two stopovers. The cost that SQ has to pay for both is around S$3.8K (JJ) and $4.3K (LH) as shown on my etix.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I have only been offered AV J via Bogota instead of SQ F direct....means I miss my connecting flight onto IGU so not comparable - waiting to speak to a supervisor.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by price123
I have only been offered AV J via Bogota instead of SQ F direct....means I miss my connecting flight onto IGU so not comparable - waiting to speak to a supervisor.
Is your layover and dep/arr flexible? I just told them I need to arrive on this date and depart on this date as I have flights to catch within S.America itself.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by nivla83
Is your layover and dep/arr flexible? I just told them I need to arrive on this date and depart on this date as I have flights to catch within S.America itself.
Offered flexibility from anywhere in Europe to one of 3 cities in S. America over 5 days but there is no LH F or LX F availability on miles. However, as I understand EU261, they must reroute under comparable conditions.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by price123
Offered flexibility from anywhere in Europe to one of 3 cities in S. America over 5 days but there is no LH F or LX F availability on miles. However, as I understand EU261, they must reroute under comparable conditions.
Maybe downgrade to J instead and get the remaining miles back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.