Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

GRU -> BCN award availability disappeared in F for a year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

For last 2 years I have been flying in February this amazingly cheap (no fuel surcharges from Brazil) route in F with tons of availability. This past February GRU-BCN (stopover for $100) - SIN - HKG (in A380 Suite) for 110000 miles and under $200usd. It was great while it lasted:
Looking at next 8 months I do not find ANY F saver on route GRU - BCN. Is it a new trend? Related to upgrade of their B777-200? Or maybe I am looking too far out, but no availability for the summer either.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:31 pm

Probably an A350 deployment.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phaze
Probably an A350 deployment.
But it shows B777-200 and there is availability in economy on it. Wouldn't it be showing A350 already at this time, if there were to deploy A350 on this route later this year?
Anybody knows how to take advantage of Brazil's no fuel-surcharges now that SQ First seems to be gone? Maybe I can book Lufthansa First with KrisMiles for not much more?
Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:44 pm

There are also no availabilities in Y Saver both redemption ticket or revenue ticket
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Or the fifth freedom flight is on the chopping block?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yup, GRU-BCN is gone as of Oct. 21: http://www.todayonline.com/business/...ly-los-angeles

Last edited by nickab; Jun 15, 2016 at 8:16 pm Reason: fixing date
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nickab
Yup, GRU-BCN is gone as of Oct. 21: http://www.todayonline.com/business/...ly-los-angeles
Terrible news Well, it was good while it lasted. Just about 60000 miles for First class on SQ and just $70 in taxes from GRU to BCN! How now take advantage of Brazilian no fuel surcharges law? Lufthansa to FRA would cost over 100000 I think with Krisflyer.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:29 pm

Which means my SIN-GRU flight in November is cancelled! Till now have not received any notification from SQ. Booking still states confirmed...
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They didn't announce it officially themselves yet, but expect it to come out soon. Then the rebooking process will start, but in this case without much options it may be just an offer to cancel and refund. Depends how generous and customer focused they want to be.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by demue
They didn't announce it officially themselves yet, but expect it to come out soon. Then the rebooking process will start, but in this case without much options it may be just an offer to cancel and refund. Depends how generous and customer focused they want to be.
How about using other Star Alliance flights? I already have other flights booked with L. America.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by nivla83
Which means my SIN-GRU flight in November is cancelled! Till now have not received any notification from SQ. Booking still states confirmed...
My November flights canceled as well, no emails either - I was wondering don't have to offer either refund OR rerouting between same cities in ticketed class?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by swaigiux
My November flights canceled as well, no emails either - I was wondering don't have to offer either refund OR rerouting between same cities in ticketed class?
I have called KF Contact Center. They said a representative will call in 2-3weeks time with options to re-route via other Star Alliance flights or other choices.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:36 pm

2-3 weeks lol that sounds like SQ alright.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hey see it as positive for now as they may actually be trying to work out something (e.g. with LH Group or other *A carriers) for impacted customers. If they would just cancel and refund and not care beyond that they could have done so already.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by demue
Hey see it as positive for now as they may actually be trying to work out something (e.g. with LH Group or other *A carriers) for impacted customers. If they would just cancel and refund and not care beyond that they could have done so already.
Yup yup agreed. I heard they might not only use *A carriers due to the layover time difference or flight availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.