Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Lounge Options in Singapore - Lesson Learned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

I thought I had read everything I needed to know about lounges in Singapore. WRONG.

Our flight was from terminal 2, so we checked in there. Went to lounge and was amazed at the average - below average - lounge there. No Private Room (we were in first).

Find out the GOOD lounge is in Terminal 3. And are gate, was the very last in Term2, which was right next to Terminal 1.

Anyways, we had extra time and trekked over to the AWESOME Business, First and Private Room lounges in Terminal 3. Very pissed at myself for not just going there first.

Again - unless you are very tight on time, checkin at Terminal 3 for ALL FLIGHTS.

Extended trip report at www.rtw40.com
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
SQ also has a special FC check in lounge in T3, with private passport control that leads you close to the lounge.

Did you miss this too?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I thought I had read everything I needed to know about lounges in Singapore. WRONG.

Our flight was from terminal 2, so we checked in there. Went to lounge and was amazed at the average - below average - lounge there. No Private Room (we were in first).

Find out the GOOD lounge is in Terminal 3. And are gate, was the very last in Term2, which was right next to Terminal 1.

Anyways, we had extra time and trekked over to the AWESOME Business, First and Private Room lounges in Terminal 3. Very pissed at myself for not just going there first.

Again - unless you are very tight on time, checkin at Terminal 3 for ALL FLIGHTS.

Extended trip report at www.rtw40.com
Seems like your research was quite perfunctory. This information is readily available, even on the SQ website. Not sure how the gate location relates to your mistakes with lounge choice?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
poor research, it seems.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Our flight was from Terminal 2. We went through the F/J checkin there in the little room. With all the travels I "forgot" that they flew out of two terminals, hence the confusion. My bad.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Pretty sure you can only check in at T3 if your flight flies out of T3. Same for T2. (Though I imagine premium passengers may get *some* leeway here. Or maybe not; this is SQ, after all.)

You're obviously free to make your way to T3 (by whatever means convenient for you) after checking in at the appropriate terminal, however.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SQ also has a special FC check in lounge in T3, with private passport control that leads you close to the lounge.

Did you miss this too?
I think we made it to the lounge in under 10 minutes of arriving at the first class check in.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by chisquared
Pretty sure you can only check in at T3 if your flight flies out of T3.
Incorrect. You can check in at either of the two terminals SQ operates from. Plenty of CGK passengers using T3 due to TPR.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Phaze
Incorrect. You can check in at either of the two terminals SQ operates from. Plenty of CGK passengers using T3 due to TPR.
Is that true even if you have check-in luggage?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by bagold
I remember a line on the old website saying that if you have check-in luggage, you can only check them in at a check-in counter in the terminal you're flying out of. It doesn't seem to have made it to their new website, though, so maybe it's no longer policy, as Phaze says.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:45 pm

Never considered luggage. Good point. I never check bags so didn't even think about it.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by bagold
Originally Posted by chisquared
I remember a line on the old website saying that if you have check-in luggage, you can only check them in at a check-in counter in the terminal you're flying out of. It doesn't seem to have made it to their new website, though, so maybe it's no longer policy, as Phaze says.
Never considered luggage. Good point. I never check bags so didn't even think about it.
I'd be willing to (blindly) wager that you'd have no problem using First Class check-in at T3 even if your flight was at T2. Doubt SQ would tell you "sir please go and lug your own bags to T2."

J and Y on the other hand ...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:18 am

I disagree that the T3 SKL for J is markedly better than the T2 one, especially if you consider crowding levels.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:39 pm

Sorry, when I meant check-in in my first post in this thread, I definitely meant with luggage.

Of course you'll have no issues just checking in at any terminal with SQ if you only have carry-on bags.

With bags, however, as mentioned by myself and others, YMMV.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:10 am

For PPS Solitaire supplementary card holders, if they are traveling on Economy class,

1. Where do they check in at Terminal 3? Can they check in at the First Class area, or Business Class?

2. Which lounge are they entitled to use? Is it First or Business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.