Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Lounge Options in Singapore - Lesson Learned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Options in Singapore - Lesson Learned

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Seattle1
For PPS Solitaire supplementary card holders, if they are traveling on Economy class,

1. Where do they check in at Terminal 3? Can they check in at the First Class area, or Business Class?

2. Which lounge are they entitled to use? Is it First or Business?
1. First Class area
2. First Class lounge

As a Solitaire supplementary card holder, once you reach the airport and in the air you are treated as a Solitaire. Before you reach the airport you are treated as your regular status. For me, as a TPEG, I get the award seat availability and award waitlist clearance, and phone service priority that an elite gold gets (not much!) ... but at the airport and on board the plane they treat me as they would an ordinary Solitaire.

Compared to when I was a QPPS, service outside the airport/plane is definitely much lower, whilst at airport/onboard it is higher!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
I disagree that the T3 SKL for J is markedly better than the T2 one, especially if you consider crowding levels.
Can't comment on the T3 J lounge, but I agree with you based on my experiences in F lounges (without TPR access of course).

Certainly last time I was in the T2 F lounge, one hour later my partner was in the T3 F lounge and the food choices were greater in T2! Also, a minor thing, but the last 3 times I've asked for a Singapore Sling in T3 I was given an answer of "cannot" , out of stock (!), but no problems ever in T2. And for some reason the layout in T3 doesn't quite do it for me. The chairs along the window should face out to the tarmac, not into the lounge, IMHO.

Also last time I was in T3 (admittedly late evening) the food choice was so abysmal that I went to the J lounge to fill my plate before coming back to F lounge, and there was a much broader choice of food in the J lounge. Admittedly several (but not all) of the items that were absent from the F lounge were available on request - i.e. staff member would go to J lounge to get them for you!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:29 am

I have a PPS Solitaire supplementary card. I will be flyer on Thai Airways on Business Class out of Changi airport.

I heard the Thai Airways lounge isn't that great. Am I allowed to go to T2 or T3 to use the SilverKris lounge? If so, can I bring a guest?

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Seattle1
I have a PPS Solitaire supplementary card. I will be flyer on Thai Airways on Business Class out of Changi airport.

I heard the Thai Airways lounge isn't that great. Am I allowed to go to T2 or T3 to use the SilverKris lounge? If so, can I bring a guest?

Thanks!
Your business class boarding pass will allow you into the Silver Kris Lounge (business class section). If you were travelling in economy you would only be allowed into KF Gold Lounge.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Hi Everyone!

I will take my first SQ flight in J to DPS in June. My ticket says SQ946 departs at 16:25 from T2.

Is it still a better lounge in T3? Can I check in at T3 (I will have a checked bag)? Any other advice for a newbie, especially given the departure time (is it busy)?

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
Hi Everyone!

I will take my first SQ flight in J to DPS in June. My ticket says SQ946 departs at 16:25 from T2.

Is it still a better lounge in T3? Can I check in at T3 (I will have a checked bag)? Any other advice for a newbie, especially given the departure time (is it busy)?

Thanks!
You can check in either from T2 or T3 with your checked bag although SQ has indicated that your flight should leave out of T2. I would recommend you check in at T2 and leave plenty of time to head over to clear customs and walk to the lounge in T3.

After you clear customs, there is only a single Skytrain that links T2/T3 leaving T3 (at the A Gates) and T2 (near the F Gates). It may be a bit of a walk once you get to T2 depending on your departure but the good news is that the J lounge in T3 is close to the A gates.

Both terminals should be relatively quiet in the afternoon though June is the school holiday period
UAworldwide likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I just realized that I have never had 'breakfast' at the J section of the SK lounges before, so:

A. Are the offerings the same?
B. Which is less crowded in the mornings T2 or T3?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: LH, BA
I remember checking-in at T3 for a T2 flight. No problem at checkin. However, the security agent who was checking boarding passes before passport control didn't allow me to get in and asked that I go to T2 via the public area.
Sounds silly....
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Again - unless you are very tight on time, checkin at Terminal 3 for ALL FLIGHTS.
This is bad advice. Firstly, it only applies to SQ flights because Singapore Airlines departs from both Terminals 2 (regional) and 3 at Changi and secondly, YMMV depending on your class of travel. Passengers are obviously advised to check in at the terminal of departure for both logistical and security reasons - if every passenger checked in (with check-in luggage) at whichever terminal they felt like walking around flights would take forever to depart due to all the potential delays in baggage transfer and loading.

The best way to do this is to check in at the assigned terminal and then take the internal transfer (skytrain) between terminals to enjoy the other lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.