Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for reading, firstly!

Would anyone possibly know of way to use any of the lounges at Changi (after stepping off a SQ flight from London [Suites class, a rare treat!]) as a de facto "Arrivals" lounge for a transiting passenger (me )?

Basically, I will be catching my second SQ flight 10 hours later (fortunately, also Suites) and have booked some bed time in the Ambassador Transit Hotel in the interim. However, I was keen on making use of a lounge just after landing from London, but before heading off to the transit hotel, mainly to get some free breakfast/refreshments which I'd otherwise have to pay for at the transit hotel. (I'm not usually so tight, ha, but I figure I may as well make the most of what is available to me. )

(For what is may be worth, I think I am arriving into T-2 [on SQ 317] and leaving from T-3 [on SQ 221, to SYD])

Any advice would be gratefully received! Many thanks again.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:52 pm

It's not difficult - unless I'm missing something?

Get off plane. Walk to lounge (The Private Room, since your connecting flight is in Suites). You won't know what terminal your flight arrives at until just before landing, but as all terminals are linked airside at SIN it doesn't matter. Show boarding pass/lounge invitation for onward flight.

Then once you have had enough and want to go to your hotel, exit the lounge and walk to hotel.

Rinse and repeat later that day once you check out of the hotel and want to hang out in the lounge before your flight departs.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Yes , enjoy TPR ( if T3 ) or even check out the first lounges as they may have more in the food selection you may like to try .
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both, FlyerEC / Top of Climb -- I've not been to Changi for years, and when I did I was flying in economy, so I have no idea of lounges, you see, and certainly not those available to me as an arriving passenger in SIN and then transiting between terminals. I do appreciate the above as a result now, so thank you.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:55 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Scoob72
... so I have no idea of lounges, you see, and certainly not those available to me as an arriving passenger in SIN and then transiting between terminals...
Note: There is no access to the lounge as an arriving passenger. You are gaining access to the lounge as a departing passenger. You will need to show your departing flight boarding pass.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for this, WLG Base, I do appreciate it.

In light of this, would it therefore be prudent, in your opinion, for me to ask at Heathrow/London, i.e. before taking my first flight to SIN, I mean, to collect my onward (second) flight's boarding pass (from SIN to SYD) at check-in? Many thanks again.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:13 am

Many thanks for this, WLG Base, I do appreciate it.

In light of this, would it therefore be prudent, in your opinion, for me to ask at Heathrow/London, i.e. before taking my first flight to SIN, I mean, to collect my onward (second) flight's boarding pass (from SIN to SYD) at check-in? Many thanks again.
Normally LHR will issue you both boarding pass and check your baggage all the way to SYD.

If you didn't get your boarding pass at LHR for SIN-SYD, you could collect it at transit desk at SIN airside.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks a million for this, JJJohn -- I'm not especially au fait when it comes to transit desks, so that's really good to know re SIN if anything goes awry at LHR. Thank you!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Sorry, everybody, to sound so dense again , but just to follow on from the (much appreciated!) comments above:

If (a) I fancied using the Kris 1st class lounge in T-2 upon arrival at SIN (even if I arrive at a separate terminal and make my way there) and then (b) several hours later having checked out of the transit hotel, I moved across to T-3 in order to use TPR/the Kris Lounge there, would this be achievable/permissible with a Suites departure boarding pass (SIN-SYD)?

I only ask as, if I did plump for this way of doing things, I wasn't sure if I'd end up being quizzed by any Kris 'lounge dragons' at T-2 about my entry into their lounge given that my boarding pass is actually for a flight departing from another terminal (T-3)?

Again, apologies if I sound remarkably stupid!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Sorry, everybody, to sound so dense again , but just to follow on from the (much appreciated!) comments above:

If (a) I fancied using the Kris 1st class lounge in T-2 upon arrival at SIN (even if I arrive at a separate terminal and make my way there) and then (b) several hours later having checked out of the transit hotel, I moved across to T-3 in order to use TPR/the Kris Lounge there, would this be achievable/permissible with a Suites departure boarding pass (SIN-SYD)?

I only ask as, if I did plump for this way of doing things, I wasn't sure if I'd end up being quizzed by any Kris 'lounge dragons' at T-2 about my entry into their lounge given that my boarding pass is actually for a flight departing from another terminal (T-3)?

Again, apologies if I sound remarkably stupid!

Yap, they wont tear/scan your BP so you can have your fill at T2, then move over to T3 etc. You might want to keep the incoming BP in the event the lounge dragons make some noise, but showing them you arrived in R and departing in R should be sufficient.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just don't go through immigration and customs but go directly to the lounge.

I've used TPR upon arrival at SIN and then TPR again after sleeping in the transit hotel. No problem.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
All sorts of good advice here already. To add a few bits:

1. You might well find that you're served a nice breakfast shortly before landing in SIN, obviating the need to eat upon arrival.
2. Having said that, and if you do want breakfast upon arrival, The Private Room's ambiance and service are such that it's worth visiting upon arrival rather than a "regular" first class lounge, even if you need to switch terminals and feel up to just a bit more effort to do so. Even the experience of entering it is can be a bit of a treat if you've never done so before: you first go the regular lounge, and then through to the first class lounge, and then through to TPR.
3. As long as you have a long layover in SIN, and if you have the energy, it's worth budgeting at least an hour or two to wander around the airport, arguably the nicest in the world. The Butterfly Garden in particular is worth a visit if it's open during the hours you'll be there.

Have a great trip!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Tango3 | MSPeconomist | Thunderroad, what excellent advice -- I genuinely appreciate it: thank you for making my upcoming trip a whole lot easier, not to mention more enjoyable, too. Thank you!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Just don't go through immigration and customs but go directly to the lounge.

I've used TPR upon arrival at SIN and then TPR again after sleeping in the transit hotel. No problem.
I'm arriving on a one way SUITES flight. Do you think it will be possible to enter the TPR, upon arriving?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
If you google the terminal maps, there are monorails that move you from terminal to terminal but be sure to wander the terminal a bit (butterfly garden at T3 and the pool at T1 might be back in action). We usually squeeze in a massage before our next flight as well... God I love Changi!

I prefer the SilverKris lounge at T3 than T2 but as you have access to the TPR, that's a moot point.

What Transit hotel terminal are you booked at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.