Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any advice welcomed: gaining (arrivals) lounge access @ Changi inbetween 2 SQ flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by enwhycee
I'm arriving on a one way SUITES flight. Do you think it will be possible to enter the TPR, upon arriving?
It depends. Do you have an onward flight on SQ R/F? If not, you probably won't be able to gain entry to the TPR.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
I'm arriving on a one way SUITES flight. Do you think it will be possible to enter the TPR, upon arriving?
If SIN is your final destination, then it will be unlikely that you will be allowed into TPR (or any lounge for that matter because SQ does not provide arrivals lounge access).

If you're only in transit in SIN then you would have access.

Originally Posted by blahter
It depends. Do you have an onward flight on SQ R/F? If not, you probably won't be able to gain entry to the TPR.
Not quite. Even if the departing flight isn't R/F, SQ grants TPR access so long as arrivals flight is in R/F.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for the reply, Osmo -- to answer your question, I'm booked into the Ambassador Transit Hotel in T-2 (the one in T-3 was fully booked), though I am new to this hotel. I have booked a single room there, but have no idea what that might avail me of facilities-wise beyond a bed and a room.

I don't suppose you/anyone would know, Osmo, if the repair/construction work to the inter-terminal monorails is still ongoing or not? I've seen some notices online saying that the one which travels from T-2 to T-3 is out of commission and that I'd have to get a shuttle bus instead, but I wasn't sure if this was still the case or not?

Either way, Osmo / All, thanks so much for your great comments and replies!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not if you're terminating at SIN. The SQ lounges are strictly departures lounges, where it's understood that the term departures in this context includes connecting passengers.

If you really want an arrivals lounge, one option is to book (and pay for) Jet Quai service.

If you're a PP member, there *might* be a new land side PP lounge at SIN, which would require a same day boarding pass but not a departure from SIN. Check the PP website for location and other details. Otherwise AFAIK all of the pay lounges at SIN are airside and probably would not let you purchase entry without a departing boarding pass, but you might want to check their rules (I assume they're posted on some website) to be sure.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Scoob72
Many thanks for the reply, Osmo -- to answer your question, I'm booked into the Ambassador Transit Hotel in T-2 (the one in T-3 was fully booked), though I am new to this hotel. I have booked a single room there, but have no idea what that might avail me of facilities-wise beyond a bed and a room.

I don't suppose you/anyone would know, Osmo, if the repair/construction work to the inter-terminal monorails is still ongoing or not? I've seen some notices online saying that the one which travels from T-2 to T-3 is out of commission and that I'd have to get a shuttle bus instead, but I wasn't sure if this was still the case or not?

Either way, Osmo / All, thanks so much for your great comments and replies!
The Ambassador Transit Hotel (I haven't stayed in the one in T2, but that shouldn't matter) gives you a room with an ensuite private toilet, shower, and sink. There's a small desk and desk chair, a place for a suitcase, a few hooks/hangers for clothes, and a color TV with remote having only a small choice of channels, IIRC the only English option is Channel News Asia, not CNN etc. You'll also have a small kettle for heating water, two cups, instant coffee, teabags, a packaged cookie/biscuit or two, and other supplies. The bathroom has basic toiletries (soap, shampoo, shower cap, facial tissues, etc.) and IIRC a hairdryer. Of course the hotel supplies towels, but there might not be washcloths in the bathroom. IIRC there's free wifi and a phone; they do wakeup calls. I don't remember an alarm clock in the room but you might be able to set an alarm in the TV.

There might still be a few budget rooms in T1/T2 without private toilet and shower facilities.

In T3, the rooms seem fresh, modern, and stylish in a minimalist way, but many of them do not have windows. [There is AC that you control.] The single rooms that I've seen have one double or queen sized bed.

The lobby mostly consists of a check in counter. IIRC there's a computer and printer for guests to use.

I don't recall whether there's free bottled water in the rooms, but my guess would be yes.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much again, MSPeconomist! This is so comprehensively helpful and genuinely very much appreciated. I don't know my way around Changi at all, so I'm hugely grateful.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're a PP member, there *might* be a new land side PP lounge at SIN, which would require a same day boarding pass but not a departure from SIN. Check the PP website for location and other details. Otherwise AFAIK all of the pay lounges at SIN are airside and probably would not let you purchase entry without a departing boarding pass, but you might want to check their rules (I assume they're posted on some website) to be sure.
Lounge access upon arrival is only for Solitaire PPS and is not a separate lounge but the existing airside SQ lounge in T2/3. Just show your flight boarding pass.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I forgot about the monorail repairs but you can take the monorail from T2 to T1 and then walk to T3 - we often walk all three terminals to stretch the legs and explore but the bus shuttle shouldn't be an issue.

Also, this says the North line is shuttle bus only so T2F to T3A still has a monorail?
http://www.changiairport.com/content...train-copy.jpg

Im booked for the first time in T2 next year, I usually prefer T1 as its bunker quite but happy to give T2 a try for once.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by fimo
Lounge access upon arrival is only for Solitaire PPS and is not a separate lounge but the existing airside SQ lounge in T2/3. Just show your flight boarding pass.
I think he's talking about Priority Pass, not PPS.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by pbl22
I think he's talking about Priority Pass, not PPS.
Ahhh thanks for that clarification
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Osmo
I forgot about the monorail repairs but you can take the monorail from T2 to T1 and then walk to T3 - we often walk all three terminals to stretch the legs and explore but the bus shuttle shouldn't be an issue.

Also, this says the North line is shuttle bus only so T2F to T3A still has a monorail?
http://www.changiairport.com/content...train-copy.jpg

Im booked for the first time in T2 next year, I usually prefer T1 as its bunker quite but happy to give T2 a try for once.
Many thanks again for this, Osmo -- very much obliged.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
We are flying into SIN in 1st with a 6am arrival. Like an earlier poster, we would like to visit a lounge prior to heading to a hotel where the chances of a room being ready are slim. (no hotel booked yet). We are connecting in first on SQ using their layover option ,but 2 days later.

As I understand it, that will not allow us into any of the lounges based on our 1st class flight(s).

Yes?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
We are flying into SIN in 1st with a 6am arrival. Like an earlier poster, we would like to visit a lounge prior to heading to a hotel where the chances of a room being ready are slim. (no hotel booked yet). We are connecting in first on SQ using their layover option ,but 2 days later.

As I understand it, that will not allow us into any of the lounges based on our 1st class flight(s).

Yes?
Correct. No access.

Lounge access is based on the departing flight and a flight in two days time will not count.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Scoob72
Thank you for reading, firstly!

Would anyone possibly know of way to use any of the lounges at Changi (after stepping off a SQ flight from London [Suites class, a rare treat!]) as a de facto "Arrivals" lounge for a transiting passenger (me )?

Basically, I will be catching my second SQ flight 10 hours later (fortunately, also Suites) and have booked some bed time in the Ambassador Transit Hotel in the interim. However, I was keen on making use of a lounge just after landing from London, but before heading off to the transit hotel, mainly to get some free breakfast/refreshments which I'd otherwise have to pay for at the transit hotel. (I'm not usually so tight, ha, but I figure I may as well make the most of what is available to me. )

(For what is may be worth, I think I am arriving into T-2 [on SQ 317] and leaving from T-3 [on SQ 221, to SYD])

Any advice would be gratefully received! Many thanks again.
You might want to check your arrival info again. Flights from London typically arrive at T-3.

If the monorail is not operating, you might want to try the Transit Hotel at T-1 instead. It is nearer to T-3 than T-2.

Also, I believe breakfast is served on-board before arriving in Singapore. The breakfast in Suites is amazing and I doubt you would be able to get in any more food on arrival!

As a suggestion, you might want to try to catch the naptime in Suites (there is a bed for a reason!) & spend the 10 hour in transit, either catching a train into town (assuming you have a UK passport, you don't need a visa), or if you are less adventurous, take the free city tours that Changi organizes for transit pax.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Archieflyer
You might want to check your arrival info again. Flights from London typically arrive at T-3.
Arrival gates are only assigned a few hours before landing, so there's nothing to verify, only historical information to go by.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.