Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Confirmed/Ticketed SQ F Suites flight from SIN-LAX but cant select seats online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed/Ticketed SQ F Suites flight from SIN-LAX but cant select seats online?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

hey folks,

this is the first time I've booked a KF award and I'm perplexed as to this latest conundrum.

the award has another segment for which I was able to select my seats online. however, specifically for the SIN-NRT-LAX leg it shows the seatmap as being FULL or rather no seats available - I cant select a seat even a week before departure. this was a waitlisted award, but it cleared a few days later. called in to book my tix almost 2 wks before departure.

is this normal? I have a valid ticket but yet either this cabin is oversold or some IT glitch shows the seats as all taken. I've been checking everyday since I got my flight confirmation and I see the same results. not sure whats going on, but wanted to check in w the sages here before calling in.

I heard many years ago Y pax couldnt select seats until 48 hrs to departure. if this is the same case, strange to see that Suites pax cant choose seats in advance here.

I'd appreciate someone cluing me in on what might be going on here and how I should proceed. obv wanna make sure everything is in order before I fly out. I do have a seat preference, however dont mind getting one assigned at the airport or at check-in. but just wanna make sure I wont get stranded due to possible errors or sold out cabin w folks who confirmed their seats before me.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Just call them.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:06 pm

2CD are blocked for bassinet.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It may just be the empty seats are different for each leg of SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX.

Call SQ should sort it out.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

called em, apparently the flight is pretty full. even the agent was kinda confused. anyways she saw one open seat and assigned it to me. not my ideal choice (esp due to what I've been reading in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-question.html)

but got no other option in the meanwhile. she mentioned I can talk to SQ agents about reassignment or switching w other pax when I get to SIN. also after this initial seat assignment on the SIN-NRT-LAX leg, the online seat selector says all advanced seats are taken but more may open up when it's time to check-in online lol. ohkay... didnt think Suites pax would have to play these games. but nonetheless, lets see how this plays out.

also apart from the lobster thermidor, anyone have suggestions for BTC? I potentially have 3 diff BTC options, obv 1 will be the lobster. but all ears for what to try in the other spots. I prolly wouldnt choose any japanese options (as cali roll is my kinda sushi lol.) but open to other asian options or otherwise western options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.