Search

Mixed class/Waitlist question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
Mixed class/Waitlist question

Hi all,

Apologies if the answer to this is already posted - I searched and read several threads about both mixed class itineraries and waitlists, but couldn't find the answer to my specific question.

I have booked SIN-FRA-JFK as a Saver First award (meaning I redeemed the 110k - 15%) but I am in Business for the SIN-FRA segment because Saver First was unavailable. I have waitlisted SIN-FRA in First (and a couple of other segments since I am reasonably flexible with dates).

My question is about what happens at the airport. I know that with some other airlines you can take advantage of "paying" the first class fare/redemption with an involuntary downgrade. Does anyone have experience with this on SQ? That is to say, if my waitlist doesn't clear prior to the airport, can I get on an airport list to try and get my first class seat that I "paid" for?

I fully realize that this may be a total stretch - and possibly even a non-starter, but since I know that it works on other airlines I figured it was worth asking around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.