Wiki Posts
Search

Question about SQ826 service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SQ325
Not really. LHs A380 is leaving just before midnight and LH has one of the biggest C-Sections (98 seats) on such a bird. Can get quite busy in the T2 lounge from 10.30pm onwards.
Indeed!
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold

Just got off SQ826 this morning.

Meal service is breakfast. After take off it is just drinks and peanuts. 1.5hr before landing they start to serve breakfast consisting of fruits, bread, yoghurt or cereal followed by main course.

Main course has 3 courses - congee, omelette or beef noodle.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Thanks, better have a late dinner before heading to the airport.

Originally Posted by hclee01
Just got off SQ826 this morning.

Meal service is breakfast. After take off it is just drinks and peanuts. 1.5hr before landing they start to serve breakfast consisting of fruits, bread, yoghurt or cereal followed by main course.

Main course has 3 courses - congee, omelette or beef noodle.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by rdchen
Thanks, better have a late dinner before heading to the airport.
Yes, just to add that I was in SKL lounge in T3 at 11pm. Most of the food stuff were gone (e.g. Fishball noodle soup without the soup, etc) and the staff will just clear the tray without refilling it. I did try the congee which was quite nice and suitable as supper.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
A few years back when I took SQ826 in J class, they offer breakfast before landing and light snack after take-off. I will be taking this flight next weekend, will update if there has been any changes.

My friend who took SQ825 in Y class (red-eye from PVG-SIN) said that supper is served on this flight after take-off.
Any update hclee01?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Any update hclee01?
I took SQ826 in Feb 2015 (J class) this year and was offered a choice of either to have the meal as Supper or Breakfast.

I will be flying again this weekend and will report back. Most likely I will book the Peranakan dishes for a try.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:01 am

I took SQ826 in Feb 2015 (J class) this year and was offered a choice of either to have the meal as Supper or Breakfast.

I will be flying again this weekend and will report back. Most likely I will book the Peranakan dishes for a try.
Okay my flight is tonight and I ordered the lamb shank so will have it upon takeoff.

Plane swapped to a non-ER B772 so had to choose my seats again during online check-in yesterday.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Okay my flight is tonight and I ordered the lamb shank so will have it upon takeoff.

Plane swapped to a non-ER B772 so had to choose my seats again during online check-in yesterday.
is it common for this route to get swapped out?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:34 pm

That's a bit pissy. 1-2-1 to a 2-2-2. I'd have been a little peeved. Not that there's anything you can do about it.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:42 am

Was on redeye flight from SIN to PVG on SQ826 yesterday and observations as follows:

- Strictly supper service in J. They do not ask if you like to have the meal as supper or breakfast

- no more slippers or eye shades given. Not too sure if they will give if you ask.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Was on redeye flight from SIN to PVG on SQ826 yesterday and observations as follows:

- Strictly supper service in J. They do not ask if you like to have the meal as supper or breakfast

- no more slippers or eye shades given. Not too sure if they will give if you ask.
It's the same for the reverse unfortunately exPVG (or was recently). Worse was that they give you a voucher for dinner in a restaurant at the airport, then want to feed you supper again an hour later immediately after take-off.

The cabin crew said this was 'what passengers want'.

Given there is no arrivals facility in SIN, I'd certainly have preferred to sleep straight away, followed by breakfast shortly before arrival.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:43 pm

I'm sure they'd oblige if you said you wanted to eat before arrival. I haven't had any issues when asking for that.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by Phaze
I'm sure they'd oblige if you said you wanted to eat before arrival. I haven't had any issues when asking for that.
+1
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
is it common for this route to get swapped out?
No idea, first time on this flight.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
That's a bit pissy. 1-2-1 to a 2-2-2. I'd have been a little peeved. Not that there's anything you can do about it.
Well, the previously assigned B772ER was also 2-2-2 so not much difference there I suppose. SIN-PVG isn't really a longhaul route so they mainly use their regionally configured planes.

Last edited by lcpteck; Aug 9, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.