Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about SQ826 service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by hclee01
Was on redeye flight from SIN to PVG on SQ826 yesterday and observations as follows:

- Strictly supper service in J. They do not ask if you like to have the meal as supper or breakfast

- no more slippers or eye shades given. Not too sure if they will give if you ask.
I received the following:

SQ826
Eye Shades
Slippers

SQ825
Socks

They did ask me whether I wanted my meal after takeoff or before arrival. I guess things are inconsistent, but no harm asking.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Well, the previously assigned B772ER was also 2-2-2 so not much difference there I suppose. SIN-PVG isn't really a longhaul route so they mainly use their regionally configured planes.
Pretty sure I've had 1-2-1 on that sector. I may be confusing it with 871 from HKG though - can't remember. Guess it just depends on which aircraft ends up being used.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
Was on redeye flight from SIN to PVG on SQ826 yesterday and observations as follows:

- Strictly supper service in J. They do not ask if you like to have the meal as supper or breakfast

- no more slippers or eye shades given. Not too sure if they will give if you ask.
Was on SQ826 6 Aug, told cabin crew I would like to have my supper before landing, no problem at all.
Both slippers and eye shades were handed out shortly after take off.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I have an upcoming flight on SQ826 from SIN-PVG where the First class saver award has been issued. However, recently, on the same flight, the Business class saver award waitlist has been confirmed and have been told to issue the ticket by 17 Jan 2017.

The flight will be on B777-300 and an overnight flight where there will not be much service provided, and possibly sleeper meals. The miles difference between First and Business class saver is 15,000 miles.

Should I just folk up USD15 & save 15K miles to cancel the First class saver and go with the Business Saver or just go ahead with the First class saver award in which ticket has already been issued.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:46 am

Remember that the F seat will be noticeably better on the 773 than the regional angled-flat, unless you have the gift of sleeping well on the slopey seats. Also, you can eat a good meal at the TPR (if you won't be eating in town) before the flight, allowing you to just sleep straight away.

If anything, I would say that an overnight on a 773 is a decent value for money for the additional miles!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by stargold
Remember that the F seat will be noticeably better on the 773 than the regional angled-flat, unless you have the gift of sleeping well on the slopey seats. Also, you can eat a good meal at the TPR (if you won't be eating in town) before the flight, allowing you to just sleep straight away.

If anything, I would say that an overnight on a 773 is a decent value for money for the additional miles!
Totally agree. Stay with F. The private room for starters is better, and the seats are much more comfortable... even if you score a refurbished plane to PVG (with square biz seats) the F ones are much better. And the service will match, even on the midnight flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.