Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: *A
Correct. Call them and ask them to add the stopover for $100. Can't be done online.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Booking Confirmed J while Waitlisting Suites

I've got a transfer of points to SQ pending, ready to book a J award that includes *A partners, and I'd like to waitlist for F on the same SQ segment. Since the itinerary includes partners, I'll have to book by phone, but I'm looking for the best way to do the waitlist.

My experience with SQ agents has been poor - I called to sketch out what I wanted to book just make sure it was a legal route and find the total surcharge cost, and the agent insisted there was no availability until I kept pushing that I found partner availability using united.com. All that to say, I'd prefer to do as much as I can online. So, can I do the waitlist for F online (just for the SQ segment), and then call and book the J award? Or should I do this all on the phone? I've never used SQ miles before so I'm just not sure how it all works and any pitfalls to look out for. In other words, if I get an offer of the F seat from the waitlist and I just have the SQ segment waitlisted, will it be easy to call in and have them cancel my itinerary and rebook with the F in place of the J SQ segment?
Old May 28, 2015, 7:11 am
soy

Programs: various
Want to book an award. Is it possible to spoon-feed SQ agent the flights I want?

JFK-SFO-SAN on UA (there is a more direct EWR-SAN, but lie-flats ex-JFK)
Old May 30, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Want to book an award. Is it possible to spoon-feed SQ agent the flights I want?

JFK-SFO-SAN on UA (there is a more direct EWR-SAN, but lie-flats ex-JFK)
Sure
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:11 am

I booked a UA flight from AMS-IAH using SQ miles. (Don't ask -- they were about to expire!) I wanted AMS-PHX, but nothing was open to PHX.

A segment from IAH to PHX has now opened. If I understand what SQ is telling me, they cannot simply add a new segment. I need to cancel and rebook, which I can't do, because AMS-IAH is no longer available (and there is nothing else from AMS-PHX).

There was a bit of a communication gap, and I wonder if my saying "I want to add a segment" instead of "I'd like to change my reservation" was the problem.

I guess what I'm asking, simply, is whether SQ can make a change to a *A partner award booking and keep the existing segment(s)?

I'm prepared to HUCA, although actually I've found a few times with SQ you get the same agent if you need to contact them in English. Also, there was a big of a communication gap, I think, and I'm not sure whether I was understanding exactly, but I wonder if anyone has any experience along these lines. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:10 pm

So I'm confused. Looking at a flight (REP-SIN-DPS) for next summer, July 1. Need two seats in J. I've been tracking this a decent bit and seen that space typically comes out on a rolling basis, 350 days or so. I've found this to be the case on this route for every day that I have been checking for a month or so. Except July 1 (when I need it). At first I thought perhaps it was a situation where it was lagging and they would "catch up" and release the space later in the day or the next day. However, now they show space on July 2 and July 3.

Any idea why July 1 would have no space despite the fact that almost every single day before and after shows space?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by nittany987
So I'm confused. Looking at a flight (REP-SIN-DPS) for next summer, July 1. Need two seats in J. I've been tracking this a decent bit and seen that space typically comes out on a rolling basis, 350 days or so. I've found this to be the case on this route for every day that I have been checking for a month or so. Except July 1 (when I need it). At first I thought perhaps it was a situation where it was lagging and they would "catch up" and release the space later in the day or the next day. However, now they show space on July 2 and July 3.

Any idea why July 1 would have no space despite the fact that almost every single day before and after shows space?
There's J availability for REP-SIN on July 1st (late flight only), and SIN-DPS on the 1st (earlier flights) but not the two hops back to back. So there is space on both legs, but they don't connect same day based on schedules. Given the number of flights I'd just waitlist, fair chance it will come up.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Hello everyone,

Is there any way to change the Frequent flyer programme that is tied to my reservation online without having to call or email anyone?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by markcwj
Hello everyone,

Is there any way to change the Frequent flyer programme that is tied to my reservation online without having to call or email anyone?
Do it at checkin?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: Free agent!
Love flying w/SQ but what the heck is with the lack of paper towels in the Y lavatories? For those unfamiliar, instead of paper towels, they only supply facial tissues, which makes the drying of hands nigh impossible. I've travelled in Southeast Asia a decent amount in recent years but not Singapore, so is this just a Singapore thing (ie, I'd find the same in a shopping centre's bathroom)?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
Love flying w/SQ but what the heck is with the lack of paper towels in the Y lavatories? For those unfamiliar, instead of paper towels, they only supply facial tissues, which makes the drying of hands nigh impossible. I've travelled in Southeast Asia a decent amount in recent years but not Singapore, so is this just a Singapore thing (ie, I'd find the same in a shopping centre's bathroom)?
Really annoying isn't it. they just break up when you want to use them!

I think its because people where putting the paper hand towels down the toilet and block it!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I see the paper towels coming back though - maybe they're phasing it back in? It was definitely on my recent trips so either JFK-SIN or HND if not both.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:07 pm

Hi everyone - questions about SQ US domestic redemption. I have a redemption from LIH-SFO on UA and want to add a connecting onward flight to SAT. The only direct flight to SAT is 5.5 hours after arrival of the inbound, so SQ is saying the over four hour layover is a stopover. I know other airlines have exceptions to this rule if the onward flight is the first scheduled flight even if more than 4 hours later.

Anyone know if has this rule or will make an exception for this? Wondering if it's worth calling back a few times and/or escalating.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by fimo
I see the paper towels coming back though - maybe they're phasing it back in? It was definitely on my recent trips so either JFK-SIN or HND if not both.
They are now back for a while. On all routes i flew in the past month, no matter regional or longhaul.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Tennet1979
Correct. Call them and ask them to add the stopover for $100. Can't be done online.
So to get the stopover, we have to give up the 15% discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.