Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Smile SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Thoughts? Solo traveller, around 5'9-10. Is a bulkhead really necessary?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Bulkhead isn't necessary. Just pick a side and grab a window seat. Might want to sit somewhere close up front as the wing can block most of the view in the middle section.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: Singapore, Cathay, QANTAS, Delta, Velocity, Etihad
Originally Posted by aster
Bulkhead isn't necessary. Just pick a side and grab a window seat. Might want to sit somewhere close up front as the wing can block most of the view in the middle section.
Agree, but bulkheads in A380 J Class do give you slightly more foot room when in "bed mode".
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:56 pm

Keep in mind that row 11 is windowless. I opted for 14A for my upcoming flights, can't wait ^
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by ZKOKA
Keep in mind that row 11 is windowless. I opted for 14A for my upcoming flights, can't wait ^
The seats are over-rated.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by RBH58
You'd be hard-pressed to find a better C seat anywhere else.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:29 pm

You'd be hard-pressed to find a better C seat anywhere else.
You'd be hard pressed to find a wider seat...but wider is necessarily better unless you happen to weigh 300lbs.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:28 am

Probably still nice enough if travelling solo in terms of privacy and personal space, which is one of my major priorities on an overnight flight (on the rare occasions of flying J or F).
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:22 am

You'd be hard pressed to find a wider seat...but wider is necessarily better unless you happen to weigh 300lbs.
I still haven't found a better C seat, though admittedly I haven't flown C in any carriers recently that don't do the SIN to/from Europe route so I can't say how the likes of CX or VS for instance would compare.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:31 pm

I agree with you. Recently I sat in the second section where the view was blocked by the wing.
By the way, the first row of J has no window at all.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:00 am
Suspended

Which seats do you prefer and why?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I think the A380 Business seats are wide, flat and hard. I just don't think they are that comfortable. Sure they make a nice big wide bed, but even that is a little on the hard side IMHO. So sure...you are spoiled for space, but I think QANTAS' A380 seats are more comfortable. I think SQ's old space beds are a more comfortable seat...but maybe not a better bed. And I think I may actually prefer VA, NZ and UA's business class seats too. It's personal choice I guess.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
front mini cabin first row seats - just because of the wider space for the feet. Or any other first row seats if front cabin not available. I find it annoying that I have to stick my feet in the hole and not to sleep in a different angle.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
front mini cabin first row seats - just because of the wider space for the feet. Or any other first row seats if front cabin not available. I find it annoying that I have to stick my feet in the hole and not to sleep in a different angle.
Right. Which was my earlier point about the bulkhead seats being slightly better.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:35 pm

I think QANTAS' A380 seats are more comfortable.
Does anyone who has flown both the SQ and QF A380 share the above poster's opinion of the QF hard product being better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.