Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by xmlsoa
Is the BOM to SIN flight Business Class product lie flat or flat at angle or reclining?

BOM-SIN are not on A380 aircrafts.

Please read : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...ut-sq-faq.html

On Aircraft types / Destinations..

BOM has a mixture of aircrafts. You need to check which aircraft and when.

As long as you don't get the 772 Spacebeds, they're all flat horizontal.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I see the Christmas decorations are out early this year !
Didn't you know - they're always ahead of the curve

They're photos from my flight last Christmas - is there a reason why the seats would have changed in the meantime?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
As long as you don't get the 772 Spacebeds, they're all flat horizontal.
There are no spacebeds on BOM-SIN, just the (new) regional (slightly) angled C seats. The 772 used on this route are the retrofitted regional versions.

If I remember it correctly, the latest Krisflyer Magazin issue counted 3 772ER old versions left in the fleet. Soon the spacebeds will be gone anyway.

Beside that the 77W is used with the lie-flat longhaul seat (SQ424/423). Occasionally the new long business class on 77W is used.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:52 am

Off on a flight shortly, not much choice. Any recommendation between the sections where 26a and 94a are placed ??

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
I've booked 15A on the A380 that has economy up-the top,

So thats the last window seat in the first section of only a few rows.
Can anyone tell me what's behind the seat? Because on the maps it isn't a toilet or a food thing, what is there?

On the A380 that is all business class up-top, i've booked 12K.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:24 pm

sfo hkg

Hi all

flying sfo hkg return in a few weeks and was comparing F to business and have a few Q's

is lounge access at SFO and HKG the same?
is this route the new config/seating
confirm its a direct flight with no stops

I'm looking at SQ web site and the business product looks awfully good! the fare difference to F is about *1.4......is it worth the difference?

thanks all
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by csidler
I've booked 15A on the A380 that has economy up-the top,

So thats the last window seat in the first section of only a few rows.
Can anyone tell me what's behind the seat? Because on the maps it isn't a toilet or a food thing, what is there?

On the A380 that is all business class up-top, i've booked 12K.
Regarding 15A, it seems like part of the galley, in some of the pics - but I am not sure about this. I was also wondering if this seat would have some bit of noise, as it's quite a bit galley in there...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Regarding 15A, it seems like part of the galley, in some of the pics - but I am not sure about this. I was also wondering if this seat would have some bit of noise, as it's quite a bit galley in there...

I have tried 15A on the A380 with upper deck Y, and was not bothered by any noise from the galley and lavatory.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by slacker
I have tried 15A on the A380 with upper deck Y, and was not bothered by any noise from the galley and lavatory.
That's great then. Thanks! ^
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:25 pm

Anyone have any comments on the 777-300?

better to be in the front cabin of rows 11 and 12 rather than the main area?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by csidler
Anyone have any comments on the 777-300?

better to be in the front cabin of rows 11 and 12 rather than the main area?
It's my preferred cabin when traveling J in that type. It has a more exclusive feel than further back in the bus. From memory, row 12A does not have a window, so avoid that row if you like an outside perspective.

The only 'drawback' to that cabin is that it is immediately behind first. Therefore, you may get a glimpse of the larger serve of lobster, complete with the accompanying goblet of Krug, that you will be missing out in partaking!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by OnTheCentreline
It's my preferred cabin when traveling J in that type. It has a more exclusive feel than further back in the bus. From memory, row 12A does not have a window, so avoid that row if you like an outside perspective.

The only 'drawback' to that cabin is that it is immediately behind first. Therefore, you may get a glimpse of the larger serve of lobster, complete with the accompanying goblet of Krug, that you will be missing out in partaking!
Perhaps more of a chance to sneak forward an extra row into first!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:12 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Assume you mean the 777-300ER, not the 777-300. 12A does have one window, but the view is somewhat restricted. Also assume you were joking about creeping into F.
Old May 18, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: TK Elite
Apologies if this is off topic but an anyone whose flown both SQ qnd TG's A380 in business roughly give their opinion. I am guessing SQ is a step above on the soft product but what of the hard product? I hear SQ's seat is pretty hard... What are the pros and cons of both?

Looking at CDG-SIN or CDG-BKK
Old Jun 5, 2014, 4:29 pm

People's thoughts on the A380 between something such as 14K (in the forward mini-cabin)

VS 18F (1st row middle in the main cabin).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.