Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OTish- BA38 (747 with gold nose) from PEK lands @1512

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,

I'm watching BA 38( the 747-400) with the golden nose carrying the UK Olympians' back from Beijing on final approach to LHR and it has just landed!^

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:30 am

Well for once BA have managed to have got themeslves into gear and gain some positive publicity. Aircraft renamed (and new name painted on side), golden nose, BA staff wandering round with placards with BA logo... And what's more the steps even arrived quickly.

Quintessentially BA though... Only medallists got upgraded. It's always the Golds isn't it ;-)

Last edited by ojs555; Aug 25, 2008 at 8:31 am Reason: Flyertalk changed perceive swearword with ellipsis
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi,

Two sets of stairs too! ( doors 1L & 2L)

PM is in attendance also
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi,

Lord Coe & the Princess Royal just got off the plane ( I wonder where they sat and who had 1A&1K!)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:43 am

And a kiss on the cheek for Tom Daley from Tessa... Lucky him (I think!)
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi,

The gold medalists are on the aircraft steps posing for photos. ( a large replica gold medal is on the tarmac)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The A380 model at the handover party yesterday also had a gold painted nose.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Didn't BA upgrade the multi-Golds to First and the other Golds and Silvers to Club World?

Did the Bronzes get WTP?

Princess Anne came out of 2L, so perhaps she was in CW and not F?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 1:44 pm
MBX

I saw the plane flying over my place in Twickenham, gave them the ^
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The A380 model at the handover party yesterday also had a gold painted nose.
Interesting. Do the A380s arrive before 2012? What chance BA will paint the noses of all A380s for the occasion, as a sort of flagship fleet (they've been aching for one since the rocket retired...)
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Interesting. Do the A380s arrive before 2012? What chance BA will paint the noses of all A380s for the occasion, as a sort of flagship fleet (they've been aching for one since the rocket retired...)
Slightly OT but does anyone else think that the A380 model on the Concorde Roundabout looks gross?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:57 am

Programs: BA, BMi, VS, Starwood, Marriott
It would have been fun to be one of the paying passengers on BA38 yesterday (the BBC shows about 50 people getting off the aircraft and said they weren't anything to do with Team GB). I can't imagine there are many times you'd find yourself arriving at the Royal Suite?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
I have not seen the A380, but what a shame that BA had to move Concorde, it was such a wonderful landmark to see when you enter The Central Area, just a shame that this wonderful aircraft is still not flying our skies. It was a wonderful experience to be a pax.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:05 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
BA always make a big effort to welcome home group sportsman, and great that all the winners were given fabulous seats they deserved it, The Princess Royal had to slum it is CW. Wish I had seen the aircraft arrive.^
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:05 am

BA always make a big effort to welcome home group sportsman, and great that all the winners were given fabulous seats they deserved it, The Princess Royal had to slum it in CW. Wish I had seen the aircraft arrive.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.