Wiki Posts
Search

SFO and DEL - here we come

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
SFO and DEL - here we come

SK to launch DEL and SFO from next winter schedule. And a new leased A340 (the 12th) will join the fleet.

In Danish: http://www.takeoff.dk/news.cfm?nNews...&nNewsId=13832

In norwegian: http://boarding.no/art.asp?id=29008

Last edited by jefi99; Nov 8, 2007 at 2:48 am
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:46 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jefi99
SK to launch DEL and SFO from next winter schedule. And a new leased A340 (the 12th) will join the fleet.

In Danish: http://www.takeoff.dk/news.cfm?nNews...&nNewsId=13832
Quite interesting that they plan to start up a new transatlantic route in the winter. Almost all other carriers start their new transatlantic routes April-June to take advantage of summer demand to get the route "to fly." Will be interesting to see how this goes. Good news nevertheless!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 3:10 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Great news! SFO is a nice addition to SK long-haul! ^
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
.... now SAS finally returns to DEL .... after having ditched DEL in the 1st quarter of 2002 which was right before things took off economically in India. Now they are re-entering only after even Swiss has gotten back into DEL.

Very happy to hear this still. I just need good flight timings to get me into DEL in the daylight morning hours again but early enough so I can get out at night.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:46 am

Great news! Finally seeing some expansion, which we've all been waiting a long time for. Any news on the frequency and timings yet?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 6:35 am
AHO

Doesn't it mean that death of CPH-SEA to free one A340?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AHO
Doesn't it mean that death of CPH-SEA to free one A340?
I think so. If we presume they want to fly CPH-SFO and CPH-DEL daily, they need more than one extra A340. They could cut CPH-EWR to just once daily next winter, but I think the most likely would be cutting CPH-SEA (due to LH's launch of FRA-SEA).
Old Nov 8, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: SK*G
Smile

Excellent news! ^
Old Nov 8, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by GUWonder
.... now SAS finally returns to DEL .I just need good flight timings to get me into DEL in the daylight morning hours again but early enough so I can get out at night.
Vaguely remember last time SK went to Dehli. Didn't they arrive early morning ? And often had to reroute due morning fog ?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by jefi99
I think so. If we presume they want to fly CPH-SFO and CPH-DEL daily, they need more than one extra A340. They could cut CPH-EWR to just once daily next winter, but I think the most likely would be cutting CPH-SEA (due to LH's launch of FRA-SEA).
No, DEL will be 4 times a week and SFO 3 times a week. Could be done with one more A340?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 7:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Wilbur12
Vaguely remember last time SK went to Dehli. Didn't they arrive early morning ? And often had to reroute due morning fog ?
Not that early. While I don't recall the timing exactly as I fly to/from DEL so often, last I was doing the SK CPH-DEL flight in early 2002 I was getting into DEL sometime between 10.20 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. IIRC. It used to leave CPH around or a bit after 10 p.m.

It was timed pretty well to miss the night time and morning fog. And if it wasn't a 60 or 90 minute delay made plenty of difference so that landing wasn't an issue on that flight of mine anywhere close to as often as on all my other Europe-Delhi flights.

Back then, fog was an issue for all the carriers but it affected me less on SK flights than it did my BA, AF, LH, KL, etc. flights to/from DEL.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
No, DEL will be 4 times a week and SFO 3 times a week. Could be done with one more A340?
Correct: http://boarding.no/art.asp?id=29017 (in swedish)
Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
My question now that SK plans to lease a 340: What about the seat configuration? Will it still be a C, Y+ and Y configuration or should we expect something else on the new routes?
Cheers,
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by BHIL
My question now that SK plans to lease a 340: What about the seat configuration? Will it still be a C, Y+ and Y configuration or should we expect something else on the new routes?
Cheers,
Yes same config: In english here:
http://www.flysas.com/en/Promotions-and-prices/Copenhagen-New-Delhi-and-San-Francisco/^^
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:30 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by BHIL
Cheers,

Same config. Even today, if I remember correctly 5 of their 7 340-300 are leased

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.