Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Subscribe
Quote: An emulator is only needed on computers not running Windows.
It won't run with Wine under Linux.
Quote: It won't run with Wine under Linux.
It uses OpenGL, which is probably not supported by Wine. I am afraid you are out of luck under Linux, unless you have VMWare.
I've also wanted this kind of a tool for a long time. I really like ITA Software's "graphical" bar chart view of flight/layover options and I think this mapping tool is the major missing view of the data that ITA displays.

cockpitvisit - way to go!
congratulations and thanks - cockpitvisit,
this is a great application and it is a joy to use it.

however - would it be possible to make the application in a way that the user could also just choose an airport and would get all the destinations served from there (irrespective of the airline)?

thanks robert
Quote: however - would it be possible to make the application in a way that the user could also just choose an airport and would get all the destinations served from there (irrespective of the airline)?
If you select All airlines and then click on an airport, it will show all routes starting at that airport and the corresponding destinations. You may want to disable the display of routes to avoid clogging the window with other routes.
Quote: If you select All airlines and then click on an airport, it will show all routes starting at that airport and the corresponding destinations. You may want to disable the display of routes to avoid clogging the window with other routes.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again
Robert
I'd love to use this thing, but your download site is DOD blocked for some reason. Do you have an alternate?
Is rapidshare.com blocked for you too?
Nice tool. Keep up the good work.
Quote: Is rapidshare.com blocked for you too?
Woohoo! Looks like DOD decided to unblock your download site; should be good to hook now. Thanks.
This app rocks! Thank you, cockpitvisit. Quite apart from the useful side of it (finding out who flies to given airports etc) it's absolutely great for satisfying my idle curiosity, like for example being able to see the entire Star Alliance route network at once, or seeing what the real route maps look like for some big airlines that don't publish them. Nice!!
Great tool, love it.

Didn't have time to read the whole thread but here's a bug (think)

Airport MWX is shown to be East of Cuba instead of being in Korea.
Anybody know of a similar capability, in an application or website, for us Mac owners?
Quote: Airport MWX is shown to be East of Cuba instead of being in Korea.
Thanks, will be corrected in the next update!

Quote:
Anybody know of a similar capability, in an application or website, for us Mac owners?
No idea, but I had reports of Mac users being able to run it under VMWare.
The data files are included in plain text format, so if anyone is willing to build a Mac app or a website, they are welcome
Wonderful tool
This is indeed a wonderful tool!
I'm using it to find a route for Global Explorer RTW trip.
In addition to oneworld airlines, it allows flights on all these:
AA AY BA CX EI FJ GF IB JC JL JO KA LA LP MA MX NU QA QF RJ XL 4M
Plus all QF codeshares on 6 different airlines.

The problems I have:
1. QA is not in database of your tool.
2. If I allow codeshares, then ALL codeshares of these airlines pop-up, while I am interested only in QF codeshares, and to limit even more only the QF codeshares on the 6 airlines that are allowed.

I presume that this could be quite popular search patter, so could you help me how to search for these flights? At the moment I use custom pattern with AA AY BA CX EI FJ GF IB JC JL JO KA LA LP MA MX NU QA QF RJ XL 4M.

Thanks!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  16