Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone want to wager if US drops web booking bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Anyone want to wager if US drops web booking bonus?

Delta has just announced they are dropping their 500 mile website booking bonus. Anyone think Tempe and their wonderful IT Department won't follow suit despite the status of their quirky website that already drives people to other sites? I really hope they would understand that you should continue to give a bonus to keep people using the site when it doesn't function properly, but who am I kidding.

Two US flights left and I'm gone to CO. Already been upgraded on both, but then I'm connecting through PHL, so who knows if I'll actually make my connections.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
All the legacies will drop it within the year
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Renard
All the legacies will drop it within the year
I agree.

Frankly, I'm surprised US has maintained it for this long. I expected them to be a "market leader" in this regard.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 4:34 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Yup...the bonus will definitely be gone...but I have a feeling they wont be the only one pulling the trick.

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I expected them to be a "market leader" in this regard.
The trophy case is getting full huh?? They've pretty much already sealed up the nomination for "Model of Inefficiency"
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: US Gold, HH gold
Maybe they'll keep it and just continue not paying it.

Kind of like European *A partner flights and half the stores in the 'shopping mall' that they offer us the convenience of calling and e-mailing 100 times to maybe get them posted.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
DL discontinued their web booking bonus on 8/14.

I actually think it's a good idea - adds more value to the BIS miles that a lot of us hvae to deal with.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Didn't DL just increase their phone booking fee to $20?? Perhaps they believe that "saving" $20 by booking on the web is reward enough!!! I'm sure heads are rolling right now at the Sandcastle, since DL came up with a better "enhancement" to their program!
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
Why drop it when you're already not paying it?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 6:35 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dirkman
Why drop it when you're already not paying it?
Correct. I've never received it since the abortion, er merger. They are pushing everything to the edge on their BM program until someone nails them through an aggressive state AG. Then they will announce that it is dead.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
US lives up to everyone's expectations.

Well it looks like it's officially gone. One less reason to fly US.

Dividend Mileage Lack of Specials

Segment runners will definitely feel this one.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Correct. I've never received it since the abortion, er merger.
Strange, I've gotten the 500 every time I've booked online ... every time. Not that an extra 500 non-EQM miles means a lot. Seems to me it would be financially stupid for US to drop the bonus, telephone service rep time costs a lot more than 500 FF miles.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 4:38 pm

Programs: US SP
Originally Posted by SS255
Didn't DL just increase their phone booking fee to $20?? Perhaps they believe that "saving" $20 by booking on the web is reward enough!!!
Presumably the bonus is to encourage people to book with US rather than through some sort of travel agent (online or otherwise). My understand is it costs airlines more to sell a ticket that way.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 5:51 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Well it looks like it's officially gone. One less reason to fly US.

Dividend Mileage Lack of Specials

Segment runners will definitely feel this one.
When did you notice this disappear? My last flight was purchased 11/14, flown 11/25, and I received the 500 mi bonus (noticed that they give 500 mi even if it's one-way, despite the fact that I think the terms were for roundtrip!)
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by dstan
When did you notice this disappear? My last flight was purchased 11/14, flown 11/25, and I received the 500 mi bonus (noticed that they give 500 mi even if it's one-way, despite the fact that I think the terms were for roundtrip!)
I noticed it today as I wanted to confirm the ending date of the promo. The bonus from my 11-21 > 11-26 flight didn't post. Strangely, three hours later it posted. I think they were posting any remaining bonuses today.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:36 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
The code is still in place on the webpage - just commented out (hidden).

According to what's there, the promotion was scheduled to end on November 30 (today).

Apparently it did...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.