FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Anyone want to wager if US drops web booking bonus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/726206-anyone-want-wager-if-us-drops-web-booking-bonus.html)

abeflyer Aug 16, 2007 6:58 pm

Anyone want to wager if US drops web booking bonus?

Delta has just announced they are dropping their 500 mile website booking bonus. Anyone think Tempe and their wonderful IT Department won't follow suit despite the status of their quirky website that already drives people to other sites? I really hope they would understand that you should continue to give a bonus to keep people using the site when it doesn't function properly, but who am I kidding.

Two US flights left and I'm gone to CO. Already been upgraded on both, but then I'm connecting through PHL, so who knows if I'll actually make my connections.

Renard Aug 16, 2007 8:31 pm

All the legacies will drop it within the year

AZ Travels the World Aug 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Renard (Post 8245944)
All the legacies will drop it within the year

I agree.

Frankly, I'm surprised US has maintained it for this long. I expected them to be a "market leader" in this regard.

fishintheobx Aug 17, 2007 4:34 am

Yup...the bonus will definitely be gone...but I have a feeling they wont be the only one pulling the trick.

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World (Post 8246152)
I expected them to be a "market leader" in this regard.

The trophy case is getting full huh?? They've pretty much already sealed up the nomination for "Model of Inefficiency"

Jhoc Aug 17, 2007 7:05 am

Maybe they'll keep it and just continue not paying it.

Kind of like European *A partner flights and half the stores in the 'shopping mall' that they offer us the convenience of calling and e-mailing 100 times to maybe get them posted.

ECOTONE Aug 17, 2007 7:50 am

DL discontinued their web booking bonus on 8/14.

I actually think it's a good idea - adds more value to the BIS miles that a lot of us hvae to deal with.

SS255 Aug 17, 2007 9:52 am

Didn't DL just increase their phone booking fee to $20?? Perhaps they believe that "saving" $20 by booking on the web is reward enough!!! I'm sure heads are rolling right now at the Sandcastle, since DL came up with a better "enhancement" to their program!

dirkman Aug 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Why drop it when you're already not paying it?

KevAZ Aug 17, 2007 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by dirkman (Post 8249850)
Why drop it when you're already not paying it?

Correct. I've never received it since the abortion, er merger. They are pushing everything to the edge on their BM program until someone nails them through an aggressive state AG. Then they will announce that it is dead.

ByrdluvsAWACO Nov 30, 2007 3:46 pm

US lives up to everyone's expectations.

Well it looks like it's officially gone. :td: One less reason to fly US.

Dividend Mileage Lack of Specials

Segment runners will definitely feel this one.

PhoenixCMC Nov 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by KevAZ (Post 8251100)
Correct. I've never received it since the abortion, er merger.

Strange, I've gotten the 500 every time I've booked online ... every time. Not that an extra 500 non-EQM miles means a lot. Seems to me it would be financially stupid for US to drop the bonus, telephone service rep time costs a lot more than 500 FF miles.

asimu pawa Nov 30, 2007 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by SS255 (Post 8248402)
Didn't DL just increase their phone booking fee to $20?? Perhaps they believe that "saving" $20 by booking on the web is reward enough!!!

Presumably the bonus is to encourage people to book with US rather than through some sort of travel agent (online or otherwise). My understand is it costs airlines more to sell a ticket that way.

dstan Nov 30, 2007 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO (Post 8816941)
Well it looks like it's officially gone. :td: One less reason to fly US.

Dividend Mileage Lack of Specials

Segment runners will definitely feel this one.

When did you notice this disappear? My last flight was purchased 11/14, flown 11/25, and I received the 500 mi bonus (noticed that they give 500 mi even if it's one-way, despite the fact that I think the terms were for roundtrip!)

ByrdluvsAWACO Nov 30, 2007 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 8817514)
When did you notice this disappear? My last flight was purchased 11/14, flown 11/25, and I received the 500 mi bonus (noticed that they give 500 mi even if it's one-way, despite the fact that I think the terms were for roundtrip!)

I noticed it today as I wanted to confirm the ending date of the promo. The bonus from my 11-21 > 11-26 flight didn't post. Strangely, three hours later it posted. I think they were posting any remaining bonuses today.

vysean Nov 30, 2007 10:36 pm

The code is still in place on the webpage - just commented out (hidden).

According to what's there, the promotion was scheduled to end on November 30 (today).

Apparently it did... :(