Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide Feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:45 am
Original Poster

The Ultimate Guide Feedback thread

This thread is intended for any comments, suggestions, criticisms and feedback that you have on the BA Guide thread located here.

Fire away!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:50 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Great effort everyone. ^ ^

P.S.: Among the last few posts, you seem to have forgotten about one cabin i.e. no post on:

"Some Tips on Maximizing the BA World Traveller Experience"
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
P.S.: Among the last few posts, you seem to have forgotten about one cabin i.e. no post on:

"Some Tips on Maximizing the BA World Traveller Experience"
What is this "World Traveller" of which you speak????
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:09 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
What is this "World Traveller" of which you speak????
No idea myself, but I thought it might have been a reference to those chaps/chapettes who travel the world with their backpacks or something....

Quite quaint, non...??
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC QF
I think "World Traveller" is the airline equivalent of the old cartographer's trick where the edge of the known world was marked with references such as "Bad landf to the ffouth" or "Dragonf live here".

An alternative theory holds that it is some sort of parallel universe concealed within the fuselage where many more people make the same trip as the visible passengers. Like Hawking radiation leaking particles from a black hole, occasionally one of them pops into our universe, usually to disappear into the J comfort station.

Either way, you shouldn't venture too close to the known and visible boundaries of the normal cabin. If you get caught in the "World Traveller" zone, it's difficult to escape.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Big thanks to Shuttle-Bored for doing the donkey work getting it all uploaded and locked, etc. ^

I see some of the formatting has messed up a bit for a few of the CODE tables for some reason. Easy to fix - YGPM
Old Aug 4, 2007, 5:15 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Great work

I would suggest adding some information about the arrivals lounges at LON as the same questions are asked time and time again.

There are BA operated arrivals lounge facilities at LHR T1, T4 and LGW.

At LHR the arrivals lounges are located landside. At T1, the arrivals lounge the lounge is located on the departures concourse and you will need to take a lift from arrivals to departures and walk across the departures concourse towards Zone R. The lounge is located past Zone R. At T4, turn right after leaving the baggage hall and clearing customs.

At LGW the arrivals lounge is located on the ground floor of the Sofitel hotel and is operated in conjunction with Delta.

Note it is not possible to reenter the baggage hall after you have cleared customs so you cannot use the arrivals lounge before collecting your bags.

The lounges should be open at 5am for the first arrivals of the day and close at 2pm.

The arrivals lounge facilities are available to any BA passengers who have travelled in FIRST or Club World, BA Gold cardholders who have arrived at LON on a BA/QF long-haul flight (however, no guests are permitted), and Qantas passengers have travelled in First or Business on Qantas from Australia. The arrivals lounges are not included on the Oneworld lounge network and therefore access to the lounges is not available solely by virtue of Oneworld status. Detailed access guidance for QF frequent flyers is available here:
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7010/qfffsyf4.jpg

One exception to the rule, is that passengers who have travelled in Club Europe on the early arrival from DME can use the T1 arrivals lounge.

Facilities include shower suites, valet service, Molton Brown Travel Spa (at LHR only and availability of appointments is generally better than in departures), hot breakfast, luggage store, quiet area, and business facilities.

The hot breakfast is usually cleared away at approximately midday. If you are arriving at LHR at 1pm, it is unlikely that you would have sufficient time to clear immigration, collect bags and use the lounges.

If you are connecting to another flight at LHR, if time permits you can clear immigration and use the arrivals lounge. However, if you have a connection of 2-3 hours it is generally recommended that you go to the Flight Connections Centre and take advantage of the facilities in the departure lounges to avoid missing your connection.

If you are arriving at LHR T3 from MIA, you can either use the AA operated lounge at LHR T3 or go to T1 and use the BA arrivals lounge. However, be warned that it is quite a walk from T3 to T1.

Also, currently the only arrivals lounge for BA passengers outside LON is at JNB which is a third party lounge. There are no arrivals lounges for BA passengers at any other outstations (ie JFK).

Last edited by ian001; Aug 4, 2007 at 7:36 am
Old Aug 4, 2007, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great idea and write-up, ian001 ^ Something worth adding to the Lounge section for sure IMHO.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 9:14 am

Its great Shuttle-Bored - perfect reading for a newcomer like me!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Great idea and write-up, ian001 ^ Something worth adding to the Lounge section for sure IMHO.
Consider it done
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I see some of the formatting has messed up a bit for a few of the CODE tables for some reason. Easy to fix - YGPM
And fixed as well
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
Its great Shuttle-Bored - perfect reading for a newcomer like me!
The thanks are due more to the editorial team of Dave_C, G-BOAC, More Champagne Sir?, Raffles, SLF and Swanhunter - I'm just the posting monkey
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent service, Shuttle-Board ^ Do you fancy a job processing lost baggage claims at BA - I reckon you'd clear them in no time
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Brilliant work - thanks to all for taking the time and effort in the preparation, composition and presentation.

May I make a request that the ULTIMATE BA Upgrade Guide be subsumed into the Ultimate BA Guide.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 1:18 pm

Great stuff guys - can we add whether the purchase of BA miles on amex qualitfies as 3 points per pound spent please.

cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.