Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Beaune or Dijon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Hotels in Beaune or Dijon

I am traveling to the Burgundy Region of France in late August and need a nice place to stay near city center. If anyone has suggestions or a suggested itinerary, please post it here. Also, if anyone knows personally of particularly good restaurants in the area, I would appreciate it.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:21 am

Might I suggest you go to the Fodor's forum and use their search engine. There are numerous posts on hotels and restaurants in Burgundy. I've been using it to plan our upcoming trip.

Here is what should be a direct link to the "Europe" forum:

www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2

Happy hunting.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:09 am

Five or six years ago I stayed in the Best Western Henry II in Beaune. As far as I can remember, it was an adequate but not luxurious hotel, a short walk from the old city center. We got a very good rate, for a French hotel in summer, from the Best Western web site. I'd recommend it if spending less money and getting an acceptable hotel is more important to you than spending more and getting a place with more character and charm.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:25 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Restaurant Beaune

Le Jardin des Remparts (Michelin 1* chef: Chanliaud), 10 route Hotel-Dieu
closed Sunday & Monday. Specialities: Tartare de charolais aux huitres, écume de mer; Pièce de charolais, béarnaise en cube, caramel de vin; Fraises à l'huile d'olive, gelée de concombre et yaourt glacé.
Lunch €30, evening €55/85.
[email protected]

(I was there in 2005)
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:32 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Henry II

Originally Posted by Timfid
Five or six years ago I stayed in the Best Western Henry II in Beaune. As far as I can remember, it was an adequate but not luxurious hotel, a short walk from the old city center. We got a very good rate, for a French hotel in summer, from the Best Western web site. I'd recommend it if spending less money and getting an acceptable hotel is more important to you than spending more and getting a place with more character and charm.
Henry II in Beaune
Entirely renovated in 2005/06, no Restaurant (but breakfast for €8).
12 rue Fg St-Nicolas, [email protected]
former postal coach station, 16th century
very differnte room-styles from Louis XV to art deco (58 rooms)
Room rates: single €76(83, double €89/141
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
Rudi's suggestion of the Henry II in Beaune looks beautiful.

If that's booked, you might also consider a bed&breakfast. This site lists a number of them, but it's inconvenient to use since they redesigned it.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
By the way, Beaune and Dijon are 46km (29mi) apart. Which city center do you prefer ?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by tinnub
I am traveling to the Burgundy Region of France in late August and need a nice place to stay near city center. If anyone has suggestions or a suggested itinerary, please post it here. Also, if anyone knows personally of particularly good restaurants in the area, I would appreciate it.

Chateau de Gilliy
- its not near a city center, but its an amazing hotel, I stayed there several times
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PaulasPain
By the way, Beaune and Dijon are 46km (29mi) apart. Which city center do you prefer ?
Either one is fine. We plan on short day trips, but prefer to stay in an area which has shopping and restaurants nearby.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by chrissxb

Chateau de Gilliy
- its not near a city center, but its an amazing hotel, I stayed there several times
I looked at the website. Nice hotel, but a little expensive for the Euro at $ 1.34

I have stayed here http://www.hotelleparc.fr/. Pretty nice, not expensive, but outside of Beaune.

Michelin star restaurant right next to it http://www.levernois.com

Elegant, modern restaurant overlooking the French-style garden.
Specialities: Tronçon de turbot, jus et garniture meurette, pieds et oreilles de cochon (autumn-winter). Déclinaison de boeuf à l'échalote et à la moelle, jus à l'estragon. Variation autour du pain d'épice.
Regional wines: Vougeot blanc, Beaune.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Last time I was in that city we stayed here and enjoyed our stay.
As far as I can recall the rates werent too high - was in early October.

Just on the right after the intersection of circle road and the road coming from Dijon and very close to walking to the centre.

http://www.hoteldelapostebeaune.com/

mike
Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To my mind, most of the better restaurants in the burgundy area are not in either beaune or dijon, but in the small towns or wide spots. There are a number of B&B type places in the area.

we stayed at the hotel chapeau rouge, which was an old building at that time. was in excellent shape. is in the center of dijon, and as I recall had free parking.

we ate in the restaurant in the hotel, which at that time was supposed to be the best in dijon. the food was not all that special, and the ambiance was lousy. small tables in three rows and two eisles. we sat in a center row table, and had people and waiters blasting by.

the quality in the michelin one star and equal is great in burgundy, and there are a lot of them.

If you get the current michelin guide and the current highest detail michelin map for an area, the towns with a guide mention is highlighted in at least bold. the scale is 1/200,000 or 1cm=2km.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL (NW) Silver, UA (CO), AA, AC
We stayed at the Sofitel Dijon La Cloche after having read postive reviews on TripAdvisor. We arrived in Dijon via TGV late on a Saturday morning and walked to the hotel. Our room was not ready so they upgraded us to a larger executive room with a sitting area and balcony. Fabulous. Staff were friendly and helpful. Walking distance to the interesting city centre. Ate on the terrace of the hotel's restaurant, Le jardin de la cloche. Very good food. At one point we were somewhat forgotten, but they just poured some more wine at no charge to help compensate! Definitely intend to return.
Old May 10, 2008, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Beaune Hotel Recommendation

dergon_gf and I ill be in Beaune for a conference in October.

The meeting is being held at the Hotel Le Cep which has gotten horrific reviews here (although those date back to 2003-2004) and mixed reviews on other sites.

Does anyone here have a specific recommendation for a hotel in Beaune that is of good quality close to the city center (walking distance)?

thanks, dergon
Old May 10, 2008, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Personally if I had to go to a conference in Beaune, I would stay either in Chalon Sur Saone or Dijon. They have much nicer city centre's. I recently stayed at the Kyriad across from train station in Dijon and it was just fine. Both cities are about 15-20 minutes from Beaune by train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.