BF vs Envoy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
BF vs Envoy

Hello all,

I am flying phx-iah in F, iah-lgw in Business First for Christmas. I had 90K membership miles I transferred to one pass, bought 10K more + tax = $435 all in. Not bad My question has anyone flown both CO's BF product and US's Envoy product? I've never flown BF, and usually fly Envoy. I am not impressed at all with US's product and was hoping someone can tell me I will have a much better experience on Continental.

Also, for business I fly US to IAH every other week. There is no catering for this 2.5 hour flight in F, unless you call a 1/16 oz bag of snack mix and a biscoff biscuit food. Will my 738 flight to IAH have lunch in F?

Thanks all in advance.

Ian
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Hello all,
Also, for business I fly US to IAH every other week. There is no catering for this 2.5 hour flight in F, unless you call a 1/16 oz bag of snack mix and a biscoff biscuit food. Will my 738 flight to IAH have lunch in F?

Thanks all in advance.

Ian
It depends on what time the flight departs. Flights that depart between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm that are 2 - 3.5 hours in duration get lunch. Lunch likely will be a soup and sandwhich.

https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...737B5399C1F18B
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
There is no comparison, and no contest, between CO's BusinessFirst and Envoy. Envoy catering is a joke, and is just a notch above domestic F class catering. CO is the best Business Class of all the US carriers at present. The catering, service, amenities are all quite superior. And I feel CO's seating config is rather nice on all their BF planes: on the 767, you can sit alone if you like, on the 757, the FA to Pax ratio and small cabin can make for some great service. And on the 777, the lie flat seats (at and angle) are passable for Intl. Business Class standards.

The one exception to this is Row 1 on the A330s on USAir's fleet. These are totally flat seats, and nice for sleeping. But the catering is still sub par, as is often the service.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Good info, thank you both. Yeah, US catering for Envoy is completely laughable. Row 1 isn't that good (esp now since even CP's have to pay more for it) as it is noisy from the galley and the light is too bright.

Will I get access to the lounge (not sure what iti's called) at IAH even though I'm flying a reward ticket?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
How you purchase your BF ticket doesn't affect your lounge access. You will have lounge access at IAH and LGW. LGW also has an arrival lounge you can use.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Hello all,

I am flying phx-iah in F, iah-lgw in Business First for Christmas. I had 90K membership miles I transferred to one pass, bought 10K more + tax = $435 all in. Not bad My question has anyone flown both CO's BF product and US's Envoy product? I've never flown BF, and usually fly Envoy. I am not impressed at all with US's product and was hoping someone can tell me I will have a much better experience on Continental.

Thanks all in advance.

Ian
if you pull up your reservation on co.com, you will be able to see if your flights have catering. flights to and from phx range from full breakfast, lunch and dinners to a small cold plate snack to nothing but drink service.

all service, however, are served with real glassware and silverware, wine service and (most of the time) on meal flights, a pre meal cocktail.

on the right side of your res, each segment should be listed. it will have the AC model, flight number and meal service.

you can also check out www.airlinemeals.net and compare envoy meals to BF meals. additionally you can check www.seatguru.com and compare seats on CO's AC vs. US's AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.