Reload this Page >

Blackberry 8703e . . . Got one?

Blackberry 8703e . . . Got one?

Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by squid
I got a 8703e on Sprint last weekend.
Was cross shopping against a Palm 700p.

So far I am happy with the bb as a phone.
Have not yet explored web & e-mail much.

Like the bright screen, not too fond default theme
that's a mixture of an old arcade game and MS Windows
feelgood.
Got my 8703e today, and so far, everything works. Setting up my email accounts was straightforward. Getting used to the keyboard will take some time, but I'm getting closer to touch-typing with every minute I spend on it

I'm quite disappointed with the speed of the various WAP sites over my 1XRTT connection (I don't live in an EVDO area, but I work in them quite often). FlyerTalk is pretty much unusable, as is wap.BlackBerryForums.com. I'll have to see how well I fare when I'm in an EVDO location.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I'm starting my new job next week, and am liking the 8703. I'm not sure what service they have, but I think I've seen 87xx models in the company.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PorkRind
I'm quite disappointed with the speed of the various WAP sites over my 1XRTT connection (I don't live in an EVDO area, but I work in them quite often). FlyerTalk is pretty much unusable, as is wap.BlackBerryForums.com. I'll have to see how well I fare when I'm in an EVDO location.
An update: something I diddled last night has had a dramatic effect on the performance of the browser; it's now quite usable, even over the relatively slow 1XRTT connection I have in my neck of the backwoods. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what it is that had the effect. If I ever do, I'll report back . . .
Old Oct 10, 2006, 5:44 am

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by Spyder
My 8700g does everything I ask it to do.
If I could figure out how to get it set up properly to serve as a dial-up modem for my laptop, I'd be 100% satisfied.
BForums has a thread that explains exactly how to do it.

Here it is!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 5:51 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
I have the 8700g both on T-Mobile US and T-Mobile UK and I love it to death. It took lots of convincing by a friend to get me one, but I don't think I will ever be able to return to a world without instantaneous access to e-mail. By only complaint is the lack of IMAP accessibility.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:33 am

8703e on Verizon here. Had it for about 2 weeks now, I love it. Coming from a Treo 650 on Cingular. This thing blows the Treo away.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
BForums has a thread that explains exactly how to do it.

Here it is!

Hey, I've got posts in that thread!
Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1P, NW GE, HH Diamond, PC Plat
I saw an ad in USA Today the other day where Sprint was offering the 8703e with a GPS option. Has anyone tried it or have any info on it?

Does Verizon offer the GPS option?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 4:35 am
Original Poster

The GPS capability is disabled on the Verizon 8703e, I assume, until Verizon figures out how to charge for it

E911 GPS is enabled, of course, as on most every modern cell phone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.