Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Nice hotels nearby the Munchen Hautbahnhof?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

I'm looking for a choice of nice hotels within a short walk of the main train station in Munich. TIA!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:26 am

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
While certainly not in the luxury category, there is the InterCity Hotel at the Bahnhof. I have stayed there before and it was nice, rooms quiet, and very conveniently located. I believe you also get free public transport access with your key card. Check out the chain's site at www.intercityhotel.de
Old Oct 6, 2006, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm looking for a choice of nice hotels within a short walk of the main train station in Munich. TIA!
Those luxury hotels are all near the main station:

-Königshof - old hotel, first class restaurant
-Le Méridien
-Dorint Sofitel Bayerpost - modern hotel in an old building

Hotel Bayerischer Hof is also nor far.

I have stayed only in Bayerischer Hof and Königshof (=very small room).
I have read nice things about Dorint Sofitel Bayerpost.

Bayerstr. 12 D - 80335 MÜNCHEN
Telephone: (089) 59 94 80
Fax: (089) 599481000
E-mail: [email protected]

Behind the sandstone façade is a modern hotel, featuring avant-garde design throughout - dark colours and muted light. Close to the main railway station.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:03 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
There is a new Courtyard Marriott that is a block from the train station. It is brand new and very nice for business, but the service is lacking (probably a bunch of trainees). I stayed last week.
http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MUCCY
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:16 am

The Le Meridien and Dorint are both very good hotels, and very close. Have stayed at both - possibly a slight edge to the Dorint, but both good.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:21 pm
mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
Originally Posted by 2035
The Le Meridien and Dorint are both very good hotels, and very close. Have stayed at both - possibly a slight edge to the Dorint, but both good.
^ from a local to both. best hotels in walking distance. dorint bayerpost is virtually on the same grounds as hauptbahnhof and very nice and trendy. le meridien is just across the street (30mtrs).
safe choice, both.
intercity hotel is also in the hauptbahnhof building, but certainly only a standard hotel.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MichaelJFK
While certainly not in the luxury category, there is the InterCity Hotel at the Bahnhof. I have stayed there before and it was nice, rooms quiet, and very conveniently located. I believe you also get free public transport access with your key card. Check out the chain's site at www.intercityhotel.de
I stayed here too. A very small room and shower, but comfortable nonetheless. It was a bit pricey for the product, I thought. If you don't have to stay at the Hbf, there are some good hotels a few stops up. Hilton and Holiday Inn both have hotels at Rosenheimer Platz, which is three or four stops from the Hbf.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:17 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AmexPlat, etc. etc
Go to the Dorint Sofitel Bayernpost. It is a really nice hotel with a great spa. Don't try the Le Meridian, it did it last Oktoberfest and it was horrible. Small room, average spa and average breakfast.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:34 am

Programs: black is magic
As I live in MUC I hardly ever use Hotels here, but I'd prefer the Meridien over any other hotel. The Dorint Sofitel is too stylish for me, whereas the Meridien is modern and classic at the same time. The only downside for both is the location in the "Bahnhof-Viertel".
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott

I got a chuckle out of the title typo - nice hotels by the Skin Station? That would be walk out of the Hauptbahnhof & hang a right - quite a few skin stations on those streets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.