Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Round the World Trip Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Delta
Help - Round the World Trip Recommendations

I am booking a round the world ticket tomorrow and would love any last minute recommendations. I am going business class via skyteam partners and have come up with this initial list. While it may be challenging, I am looking at travelling from October 10th to December 20th.

Saint Maarten
Buenos Aires
Into London - Take trains through Europe and Depart Barcelona
Capetown
Auckland
Hawaii

Where would you go? Any must see world destinations? If some of the places above are not available, what would your second rung cities be. Any insight you may have is appreciated. Heck, if you are travel
Old Jul 25, 2006, 4:25 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by johnsts1
I am booking a round the world ticket tomorrow and would love any last minute recommendations. I am going business class via skyteam partners and have come up with this initial list. While it may be challenging, I am looking at travelling from October 10th to December 20th.

Saint Maarten
Buenos Aires
Into London - Take trains through Europe and Depart Barcelona
Capetown
Auckland
Hawaii

Where would you go? Any must see world destinations? If some of the places above are not available, what would your second rung cities be. Any insight you may have is appreciated. Heck, if you are travel
I'd dump Hawaii and put in an asian city or two. From your profile, it says you're in Portland, and there are plenty of cheap flights from Seattle to Hawaii so why not try an asian carrier's business class rather than a domestic business class? I find that to be a better value. Since you're spending a pretty penny on the RTW, I'd recommend cities outside the US.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 4:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I am not familiar with Sky Team RTWs to know if MH (Malaysian) can be included. If not, the only way to NZ is on KE (Korean) from ICN (Seoul). If MH is allowed that adds KUL as possible routing to/from NZ.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:22 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I would visit at least one of the following must-see Asian destinations:

Bangkok, Thailand
Singapore
Bali, Indonesia
Tokyo, Japan
Old Jul 28, 2006, 5:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Your list is very difficult to achieve with Sky team

The SkyTeam
Air France, Aeromexico, Alitalia, Continental Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, KLM, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines

The World Journey
KLM, Jetair, Alaska Airlines, Copa, Continental Airlines, Emirates, Air Pacific, Kenya Airways, Malev, Malaysian Airlines, Air Vanuatu, North West Airlines, Polynesian, Air Caledonie, South African Airlines, Air Tahiti Nui, Air Lanka and Air Europa

This alliance is a much better option for your itinery and includes NW and CO if these are important to you.
One world and * Alliance are the regular favourites and any of these will be better than Sky team who are not set up for Australia/New Zealand destinations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.