Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Pleasanton REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Visiting friends in the Bay Area last weekend gave me the opportunity of trying a Summerfield Suites property (and earing the 3000 bonus GP points.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and one which I would happily repeat.
I paid the AAA weekend rate $80+ and received a two room suite (they also offer two bedroom suites) consisting of a bed-room/bath-room section and a living-room/kitchen unit. The kitchen came equipped with a full-size fridge, a microwave oven and all of the usual utensils, cuttlery, glasswear and crockery.
The suite contained two TVs, a rather small desk and a comfortable sofa and a lounge chair.

The grounds were well laid out and attractive and there were a couple of gas-grills and patio furniture around the swimming pool and jacuzzi.

The room rate included a complimentary breakfast with the usual hot items, fruits, cereals, juices and coffee. It was also possible to make your own waffel. Breakfast is served every day including weekends.

The property also offers a complimentary social hour with wine or beer and snacks from 1730-1900 Monday to Thursday.

There is aa small 24 hour convenience store located adjacent to the front desk which offers microwavable foods, snacks, some commonly used OTC drugs, beer and wine. Movie rentals are also available.

Two complimentary high-speed internet-access PCs with printers were available for use in the business center.

The overall feel of the property reminded me of an upscale Hilton Garden Inn. The closest full service Hyatt are the Hyatt San Jose and the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. I would rate the SS Pleasanton several levels above the H San Jose and on a par with the HR Santa Clara.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:11 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Can anyone comment on the area around this property? Are there restaurants within walking distance of the hotel? stores? movie theatre?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
It's in a nice, safe area (which would be true for all of Pleasanton) but amidst corporate-type business buildings. There is a strip mall across the street as well as a block down the street. Don't know what you have in mind for restaurants within walking distance--nothing fancy but places such as Chili's, Sweet Tomatoes, Starbucks, bagels. There's also a nightclub called Aura that serves food. Definitely no movies within walking distance. If you want to look for yourself on a map try the 4500 block of Hopyard Road, that's the street that will have restaurants.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:03 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Thanks for the info, Steph. I'm looking for a hotel room in the SF area from Nov 11-15, and that week seems to be really busy. All the hyatts in the city are sold out, and so are the Summerfields in Belmont and Pleasant Hill. I might have to stay in Santa Clara!
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Enjoyed a stay here last night. I was awakened by thunder and lightning at 6:30 this morning, which is pretty unusual for the Bay Area.

Checked in around 5pm and was assigned a third floor room. Area around the property is very quiet at night and I slept soundly. This was my first Summerfield stay, and compared to Hyatt Place stays I noticed a basketball court, a pretty nice gym with weights (not that I'd be using those), and a business center.

It's very close to the intersections of 580/680 for those familiar with the Bay area, so easy access from the freeway, and also about a mile across the freeway from the Stoneridge Mall (I drove over there for dinner at Fresh Choice).

Muffin and pastry thieves (teenage girls in this case) arrived at breakfast, packed their plates, and then went to their rooms, leaving those bins bare. I had scrambled eggs, ham, and hash browns, items you would also not see at a Hyatt Place. They also had french toast, and bins with bagels and bread.

Exterior photos (more linked below):

Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thanks for the report. The rates here are often less then the SS in Pleasant Hill, but higher than the HP Fremont. I'm making plans of where to stay once FFN starts. Did you get the 5k UA miles?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'm not going to switch until midweek. This one qualified for MC (2,500), 4 HP or Summerfield stays (targeted 2,500--and you must ask for points to get it), and stay credit, so I get about the same value for it, and I have more airline miles than I could possibly use. I'm going to do another one tonight to hit the 4th stay and be done with it. The fine print in the targeted offer is that you have to request points to get them.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
A somewhat belated review. I stayed for one night in December 2015 on a mattress run. A suburban location (i.e., you need a car here). Looks like a converted apartment complex. Nice spacious suite, very quiet. I thought this was the nicest of the various Hyatt Place / Hyatt Houses I've stayed at in the bay area.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We just had a great stay here. It's a former Summerfield Suites. Multiple 3 story buildings are spread out and very quiet. No elevators. Front desk staff were SO friendly and helpful. We didn't stay for their dinner , but breakfast was great, especially made to order omelets and the waffles. The one-bedroom suite was spotless and very nice. I never like a wash basin/vanity in the bedroom, but this is pretty stand at Hyatt Houses/Places as well as similar Marriott properties. In fact, even many of the room at the HR San Francisco have this annoying layout.

We would definitely stay here again.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Any recent data points on this property? Looking to take a break from the rather pedestrian (and expensive) HH San Ramon for a 6 night stay; I think I'd be happier in a HH than a HP for that amount of time unless the HP in Pleasanton is the best of all three.

TIA!
Old Jul 21, 2023, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Any recent data points on this property? Looking to take a break from the rather pedestrian (and expensive) HH San Ramon for a 6 night stay; I think I'd be happier in a HH than a HP for that amount of time unless the HP in Pleasanton is the best of all three.

TIA!
Would love a report if you ended up staying?
Old Jul 21, 2023, 7:16 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm booked for November; will update this thread after that.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian

TIA!
HP Dublin/Pleasanton is the worst of the 3--I've stayed at all. Back in 2021 "lived" at the 2 HH's for 2-3 months while waiting for our house to be built. San Ramon is the nicest and sometimes the prices there do go down closer to check-in date (but for 6 nights maybe not). Two years ago Pleasanton, I thought, was fine; however, I did a GOH for my daughter there several months ago and she said the room was quite rundown. Dublin and San Ramon started charging $10 for parking (ridiculous). Went to battle with HP Dublin and eventually they relented; San Ramon said as a favor they'd waive it for me. Those were 1 night stays this year. For me the breakfast at any of them is a pass. I've always gone with Hyatt when needing a room in this area. But since I already have my 60 Hyatt nights now I see Hilton, Marriott, and IHG in the area (Livermore) can be had for $20-$60/night less than Hyatt. These properties IMO are all pretty much the same. I need one night next week and so will give Hampton a try for $50 less than HP.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.