FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Pleasanton REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 9, 2006, 3:55 pm
Bondiboy

Hyatt House Pleasanton REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Visiting friends in the Bay Area last weekend gave me the opportunity of trying a Summerfield Suites property (and earing the 3000 bonus GP points.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and one which I would happily repeat.
I paid the AAA weekend rate $80+ and received a two room suite (they also offer two bedroom suites) consisting of a bed-room/bath-room section and a living-room/kitchen unit. The kitchen came equipped with a full-size fridge, a microwave oven and all of the usual utensils, cuttlery, glasswear and crockery.
The suite contained two TVs, a rather small desk and a comfortable sofa and a lounge chair.

The grounds were well laid out and attractive and there were a couple of gas-grills and patio furniture around the swimming pool and jacuzzi.

The room rate included a complimentary breakfast with the usual hot items, fruits, cereals, juices and coffee. It was also possible to make your own waffel. Breakfast is served every day including weekends.

The property also offers a complimentary social hour with wine or beer and snacks from 1730-1900 Monday to Thursday.

There is aa small 24 hour convenience store located adjacent to the front desk which offers microwavable foods, snacks, some commonly used OTC drugs, beer and wine. Movie rentals are also available.

Two complimentary high-speed internet-access PCs with printers were available for use in the business center.

The overall feel of the property reminded me of an upscale Hilton Garden Inn. The closest full service Hyatt are the Hyatt San Jose and the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. I would rate the SS Pleasanton several levels above the H San Jose and on a par with the HR Santa Clara.