Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Up the Ante--$250 Statement Credit for 1st Use--No Annual Fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up the Ante--$250 Statement Credit for 1st Use--No Annual Fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
is there a link that works for this offer now?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 6:35 pm
21A

Application number: 866-764-2177
RSVP codes:
7EUZC-BCB
7UECI-BCF

These RSVP codes were given on the FatWallet and SlickDeals threads about this offer. It's unclear whether these are one-use-only, or whether Amex has just been getting wise and shutting them off after a while, but either way, reports are that the first is "used up" now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the second is too, but you could give 'em a shot.

Other info that may be useful:
"If, 6-8 weeks after your first purchase, you haven't received your $250 statement credit, call AMEX Open Customer Service mentioning the following "Promotional Code Offer ID" you applied for:

Promotional Code Offer ID: E341-0001
Phone #: 1-800-492-3344

Note: You may need to mention the RSVP # as well."
Old Apr 10, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster and GameStop, several libraries
well, i signed up online and was called to verify business details, still don't know if I qualify. (Will it hurt or help that my SPG amex has a $62K credit limit? (I would never have been given this, but have accumulated it over the years by mergin other cards))

Last edited by lessthanzero; Apr 11, 2006 at 7:06 am
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:59 pm

FHR Benefits. I'd like to know this also!

Originally Posted by bstnhrbr
Does this card have FHR benefits? Called AMEX and they said yes but im skeptical.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
This card doesn't have any FHR Benefits. Only the business platinum does. The only benefits associated with this card [outside of common AMEX features for all/most cards] are cash back and discounts on certain vendors/partners. For example, Courtyard, Hertz, Fedex, Etc. No Coupons or codes needed. When you spend at these business AMEX gives you a credit on your bill.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I believe these OPEN Network discounts are also common to all American Express small business cards. In other words, this card is identical to all other Platinum Business credit cards, aside from the details of the cash back reward program.

Originally Posted by SectionChief
only benefits associated with this card [outside of common AMEX features for all/most cards] are cash back and discounts on certain vendors/partners. For example, Courtyard, Hertz, Fedex, Etc. No Coupons or codes needed. When you spend at these business AMEX gives you a credit on your bill.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Originally Posted by lessthanzero
well, i signed up online and was called to verify business details, still don't know if I qualify.
I received a call on Monday wanting to verify a few things about the business also. After he was satisfied he said "I'm going to approve your card now and you should receive it in 10 days in a plain white envelope... yadda yadda yadda".

Just in case others want to know, I have an EIN but it wasn't necessary for this. My business has only 3k / yr stated income, though my personal income is high.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by pushback
A possible caveat ...

... The application says

Bonus of $250 applies to first purchase made between March 1 and June 30, 2006, and will appear as a statement credit on your Card Account. The maximum discount available is $250 per Card Account.

Does this mean they will credit you $4.00 if your first purchase is $4.00? May be worthy going out for an extravagant dinner with your significant other and blowing the whole $250 there just to make sure--unless you have a $250 expense coming up.

If anyone has any actual experience with this let us know.
That's just what I did. We went for dinner (family of 4). I charged dinner on my new card. The bill arrived last week showing the $250 credit!

To say I was pleased would be an understatement.

Thanks to gleffs blog for the heads up; or hat tip, as Gary is fond of saying.

Over the years I've earned plenty of additional miles and points on Flyertalk. But $250 cold cash is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.