Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Sixt 2006 Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Diamond

I have gotten an email, after requesting the mentioned status.
It said, that Diamond is only handed out for HON members / Amex Cent and by personal invitation of Mrs. Sixt and / or Mr. Sixt themselves. I guess there will be a diference in program rules for Airline / Amex customers and personal invitees.
They also said, they will not bend these rules ever, as to not disapoint the contractual partners.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by ulev
Hey, let me warn you. I have business partners in LA now with connections...
Really! Let me introduce them to my business partners...
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:54 am

Programs: If I donīt have it, I donīt need it!
No Sixt Platinum Card on the website anymore

Hi,

on the Sixt website there is no longer the Sixt Platinum Card metioned. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by silversurfer
Hi,

on the Sixt website there is no longer the Sixt Platinum Card metioned. Any thoughts?
You can apply for it by calling sixt. They might want to direct you to their website, as not all agents are aware that it has been taken away. Eventually they will send you an application by mail.
Good luck!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by SwissCircle
You can apply for it by calling sixt. They might want to direct you to their website, as not all agents are aware that it has been taken away. Eventually they will send you an application by mail.
Good luck!
I have a Sixt Plat Card. The only thing I was wondering is, why they deleted the information from the website. You needed 20 rentals p.a. to get the benefits - maybe now it is by invitation only
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:08 am
Suspended

I have a Sixt Plat Card. The only thing I was wondering is, why they deleted the information from the website. You needed 20 rentals p.a. to get the benefits - maybe now it is by invitation only
Dont really know. Invitation only is Diamond.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:12 am

It said, that Diamond is only handed out for HON members / Amex Cent and by personal invitation of Mrs. Sixt and / or Mr. Sixt themselves....
Interesting! I have a friend (in Southern Germany) who plays golf from time to time with Mrs. Sixt ... she gave him GOLD. Told him, there are better ones, PLATINUM! Now I have learned one this thread, there are even better ones, DIAMOND
What is the discount for DIAMOND?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by USAFAN
Interesting! I have a friend (in Southern Germany) who plays golf from time to time with Mrs. Sixt ... she gave him GOLD. Told him, there are better ones, PLATINUM! Now I have learned one this thread, there are even better ones, DIAMOND
What is the discount for DIAMOND?
To my knowledge its 40%. Double or more upgrades. Well, just the best service money can`t buy you with sixt
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:42 am

To my knowledge its 40%. Double or more upgrades. Well, just the best service money can`t buy you with sixt
the difference between platinum and diamond in terms of price is quite marginal, I would say (35 to 40%). but: if you cant get a platinum through the website, how do you expect them to give you a diamond. I have heard the same reply from sixt.
The card is only given by status, nothing to do with rentals...
its for executives and board members and so on. (people who really care about the extra 5% )
but by taking off the platinum from the website, maybe the plat gets more exclusive again in the future
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
the difference between platinum and diamond in terms of price is quite marginal, I would say (35 to 40%).
Well, I use much lower rates quite often than the diamond rate. I always book the smallest category and always get cars like BMW 5 or higher at stations where they know me. Absolute best was a BMW650 recently. I kept it for 2 weeks.

Service is only outstanding. In MUC they have the separate diamond lounge. If you request it (at any station), you don't have to go and get the car yourself. They bring it to you.

And: Double miles.

but: if you cant get a platinum through the website, how do you expect them to give you a diamond. I have heard the same reply from sixt.
The card is only given by status, nothing to do with rentals...
Who told you? I can't think of anybody you could call who would be able to give you an informed answer for such a question.

its for executives and board members and so on. (people who really care about the extra 5% )...
I just happen to know that I have my 2 diamond cards and I also know why. BTW, I have just requested an additional one for my partner which is already in the mail.
(You don't seem to know many of these people. They do care about the 5%...at least a lot of them)
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, Sixt Plat, Europcar Privilege Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, IC Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond
BTW, I have just requested an additional one for my partner which is already in the mail.
Could you then please request one for me as well ?? I'm Plat - a couple of years ago it was worth it. Now it seems to me that every second is Plat
What do you need from me - Name and Adress? ??
Old Apr 27, 2007, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by MagB
Could you then please request one for me as well ?? I'm Plat - a couple of years ago it was worth it. Now it seems to me that every second is Plat
What do you need from me - Name and Adress? ??
Unfortunately I can't. I can only have one partner which happens to be my wife in this case.

The only advice I can give you is to become a LH HON. In this case you can have one card for you and one for your partner. Sixt really succeeded in keeping this status exclusive over the last 2.5 years and I hope it will stay there for the foreseeable future.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 5:55 am

Service is only outstanding. In MUC they have the separate diamond lounge. If you request it (at any station), you don't have to go and get the car yourself. They bring it to you.
Where is the Diamond lounge located and whatīs it like?
Old Apr 28, 2007, 5:59 am

Where is the Diamond lounge located and whatīs it like?
Take the stairs up a few steps from the Sixt counters.

Nothing special inside. I think there is a coffee machine in the corner, but not sure. The agent accompanies you out the back door directly to your car in a special parking lot. That's it.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 12:13 pm

Platinum is a little cheaper

its very easy in Germany:
normal station: sixt platin
airport/trainstation with service fee: happydigits, if available.

the reason whay hd is cheaper at airports is, that the service fee is calculated on the hd price whereas the service fee of the platin price is calculated on the nondiscounted price.
example: price of platin 65e. that means original price is 100. then the service fee is calculated on the 100 and not on the 65, therefore 19 (as it is 19% in Germany)
Sixt is receiving complaints everyday for that (even from me a couple of times), but they dont change this silly system.
Sixt must have changed it. Checked FRA:
1. Platinum is a little cheaper ... and I may get an upgrade.
2. On both bookings (Platinum & Happydigits) Sixt charges about 19% Servicegebühr from the Basismietpreis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.