Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Questions about last year's 2x EQM promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat

1. What was the timeframe of the promotion?
2. Was it for all flyers, or was there an opt-in fee?
3. Was it for all fares?
4. Any restrictions?

Roger sends
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

You're probably better off just using the Search Function in this forum.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by izzik
You're probably better off just using the Search Function in this forum.
What would I search on??? EQM - that will turn up a very untargeted set of threads. Last year???

The questions above are fairly targeted and specific. I'd rather just have someone who knows the answers reply than search through hundreds of potential threads. Besides, this topic is one of broader interest to the board.

Roger sends
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:14 am

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
What would I search on??? EQM - that will turn up a very untargeted set of threads. Last year???

Click here and do an advanced search. All you answers are to be found in a search.

BTW, the promo time period was 15 October- 15 December?????

(This is my 300th post! I would like to that FTers for taking a chance on an unknown UA addict from the midwest.)
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362587

Edit: I found it through search so I think you could too.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
What would I search on?
Try "double EQM".
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Try "double EQM".
Boy, how did you figure that out?
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362587

Edit: I found it through search so I think you could too.
Excellent! Fwiw, I was too lazy to do the search myself, but have found typically that if I come back with a relatively aggressive response to the 'why don't you search on your own' posts that the poster I'm responding to will almost always get me the thread to make a point....thus saving me the extra effort of doing the search myself.

Thanks!

Roger
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Excellent! Fwiw, I was too lazy to do the search myself, but have found typically that if I come back with a relatively aggressive response to the 'why don't you search on your own' posts that the poster I'm responding to will almost always get me the thread to make a point....thus saving me the extra effort of doing the search myself.

Thanks!

Roger
and this is something you're proud of
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia

Thanks!

Roger
Having admitted that is probably going to do you wonders in getting the same type of help in the future...
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!

Roger
That is completely exploiting the point of this forum. We are here to share information, and not just take it form others out of pure laziness. You better not expect any responses in the future with his type of attitude, cause you certainly wont get any.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Having admitted that is probably going to do you wonders in getting the same type of help in the future...

Best wishes, Dave
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Boy, how did you figure that out?
Same way you did. When multiple people are responding to the same question, posts get crossed "in the mail".
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:02 am

Fwiw, I was too lazy to do the search myself, but have found typically that if I come back with a relatively aggressive response to the 'why don't you search on your own' posts that the poster I'm responding to will almost always get me the thread to make a point....thus saving me the extra effort of doing the search myself.
And instead, you spend 3x the time coming up with your "aggressive response" and wasting lots of people's time who are trying to be nice just to serve your laziness. Are you a politician by any chance?
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thanks!

Roger
Wow. Thanks for posting that - good to know that all of your future threads are without merit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.