Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments Offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Canadi>n Plus: President's Club (expired)
Double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments Offer (2004 Edition)

Finally, what many of you have been waiting for:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...2Fdoubleeqmeqs

Secure 2005 elite status with double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments*! Earn double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments for all United, United Express®, and TedSM flights flown between October 25 and December 15, 2004. To participate in this offer, registration and a one-time fee of $150.00 (USD) is required.

* The promotional Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments awarded with this offer are not valid for award redemption, but do count toward 2005Premier®, Premier Executive® and 1K® status.

Offer Terms and Conditions

Valid Travel Dates:
Offer valid for qualifying travel between October 25, 2004 and December 15, 2004.

Valid Carrier/Routings:
Offer valid on qualifying flights operated by United, United Express and Ted.only and not applicable on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.

Valid Booking Classes:
Offer valid for all paid, published fares excluding those flown in S and T booking classes and not valid on government fares
Posting Date:
Elite qualifying promotional miles will be credited by December 31, 2004.

Registration Requirements:
Registration is required and must be completed, along with payment, by December 15, 2004

Registration Fee:
A one time only $150 (USD) fee is required.

Mileage Redemption:
Elite Qualifying Miles are NOT valid for award redemption.

Other Conditions:
Qualifying travel must be posted to Mileage Plus account to qualify for the offer on/before December 31, 2004. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. Mileage Plus number must be provided prior to flight departure for trip to qualify.

Promotion Definition:
Double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments in this offer are defined as two times the actual flight miles/segments posted to your account for qualifying flights taken during the promotional period.

Offer Transferability:
This offer is neither transferable nor refundable.

Additional Taxes/Fees:
Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and additional taxes may apply for international residents.

Important Notes: Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. United reserves the right to change or terminate the Mileage Plus program at any time without notice. (Promotion Code: MPW124). United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com

Last edited by Yoosh; Oct 11, 2004 at 12:58 pm Reason: add 2004 edition in title
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few days late coming and a few less days on the qualifying date range, but there it is.

Ladies and Gentlemen...start your turbines!

(And watch out for those S & Ts)
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
Great news!!!

It's interesting, though, that there are certain signs in this offer that might show that UA is on the whole doing better this year than last. The period is 10 days shorter than last year, and they've excluded the two cheapest fare classes. Either this shows that it was so popular last year they think they can get more cash out of folks, or that they're pitching for higher-quality (revenue wise) elite members..........
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm...at first I was skeptical. But then I saw that S & T fares don't count. And $150 is a 200% premium over last year. This offer will definitely separate the men from the boys in comparison to last year's "let's make everybody elite" end-of-year promo....
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1.3 MM, UA Plt, Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Couple of quick items. Was this targeted or can everyone subscribe? What booking classes are S and T?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Yoosh

Secure 2005 elite status with double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments*! Earn double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments for all United, United Express®, and TedSM flights flown between October 25 and December 15, 2004. To participate in this offer, registration and a one-time fee of $150.00 (USD) is required.

* The promotional Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments awarded with this offer are not valid for award redemption, but do count toward 2005Premier®, Premier Executive® and 1K® status.

Valid Travel Dates:
Offer valid for qualifying travel between October 25, 2004 and December 15, 2004.

Valid Carrier/Routings:
Offer valid on qualifying flights operated by United, United Express and Ted.only and not applicable on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.

Valid Booking Classes:
Offer valid for all paid, published fares excluding those flown in S and T booking classes and not valid on government fares
Posting Date:

Registration is required and must be completed, along with payment, by December 15, 2004

Registration Fee:

Mileage Redemption:

Other Conditions:
Qualifying travel must be posted to Mileage Plus account to qualify for the offer on/before December 31, 2004. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. Mileage Plus number must be provided prior to flight departure for trip to qualify.

Promotion Definition:
Double Elite Qualifying Miles/Segments in this offer are defined as two times the actual flight miles/segments posted to your account for qualifying flights taken during the promotional period.

Offer Transferability:

Additional Taxes/Fees:
Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and additional taxes may apply for international residents.

Important Notes: Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. United reserves the right to change or terminate the Mileage Plus program at any time without notice. (Promotion Code: MPW124). United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Either this shows that it was so popular last year they think they can get more cash out of folks, or that they're pitching for higher-quality (revenue wise) elite members..........
It's just like training an animal. Only with humans marketers call it "conditioning." A little change, a little bit at a time.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:07 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
ahhh! the moment i have been waiting for, 1k here i come again!!1

Originally Posted by Yoosh

Valid Travel Dates:

Valid Carrier/Routings:

Valid Booking Classes:
Posting Date:

Registration Fee:

Mileage Redemption:

Other Conditions:

Promotion Definition:

Offer Transferability:

Additional Taxes/Fees:

Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
Re:double EQM

No mention of whether these extra EQM miles will count toward extra SWU's;also no hint as to whether any of the extra EQM can be rolled into next year's total. Do you think it's worth an email to MP, or should well enough be left alone??
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Well, I'm sitting here with 99.5 segments and 86,000EQM's with 5 trips reserved, 2 with 6 segments and 3 with 4 so that puts me at 123.5 segments for the year. I'm betting I'll have at least one more trip. I think I'll pass on this for $150.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:12 pm

Targeted??

Before I actually get excited, was this targeted??
I see nothing on the UAL website, and did not get email....

I sure hope not, but just had a BAD experience with UAL and EQMs...
(fingers crossed symbol)
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:14 pm

Programs: Lots
Now where's the True Flyer offer?

And here I was hoping Boarding Group 1 wouldn't mean the whole plane again next year...
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Canadi>n Plus: President's Club (expired)
Originally Posted by mansh17
Couple of quick items. Was this targeted or can everyone subscribe? What booking classes are S and T?

Thanks!
Question 1)
It is not targeted, although, as far as I'm concerned, it is currently only linked from the 1konly page.

According to the FAQ:
Is this promotion valid for all elite levels?
Yes, General members are also eligible to register and participate in the offer.

Question 2)
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113792
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Here's the FAQ's for the offer that will answer a lot of the questions asked here:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51087,00.html
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Fantastic!

All right! I'm about ready to book a B fare to LHR so between this and the 150% bonus, I am renewed for 1P.

Thanks, UA!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The Dulles double eqm offer includes T fares, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.