Search

The AA food and menu thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2004, 9:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
The AA food and menu thread

Thanks so much everyone for your help and thoughts, which enhance my travel experience. I've had many, many great experiences with AA recently-- they've vastly improved service, morale, catering and amenities. It really is a joy to travel with them! In advance of my trip reports, I paid my cousin to scan in my menus. I have about a dozen more to scan in and meal pics, too. Will update as they are added.

Adobe Acrobat required

Please be patient, the files are 0.7-4 MB. If there is no cover page that means the cover was the same for that date period (i.e. winter)

Spring 2004
First class, LGW-DFW

Business Class, LHR-JFK (My girlfriend's operational upgrade)

Winter 2003
First Class, RDU-LGW

First Class, DFW-LGW

First Class, RDU-LGW

First Class, LGW-RDU

First Class, DFW-LGW

Winter 2002
First Class, MIA-LHR

Business Class, MIA-LHR

Business Class, CDG-JFK

Domestic First, ORD-HNL

Last edited by CharlesMD; Aug 20, 2004 at 2:06 pm
Old Apr 7, 2004, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Interesting post, CharlesMD. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

It shows to good effect the degree to which the meal service never changes on AA.

It also shows how AA has surepticiously comibined the cheese cart and the dessert cart into one cart while diminishing both the quantity, quality and presentation of the cheese course.

The first RDU-LGE winter menu is interesting. It is a different format that I have not seen before, my last east coast-London flight in F being back in March 2003.

It is also good to see the enhanced second meal options on the westbound flights. Bringing back a hot option for F would be nice, though.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 5:36 pm

Programs: aa exp, spg plat, HH gold
Thanks for taking the time to post these. On the CX board there is a discussion about the quality of wine served on AA and CX. Not knowing much about wine, I always like the descriptions that AA provides in the menu.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 3:07 am

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Hi, do you have any updates for the summer menus?

Also only one choice for the Apetizer of smoked Salmon? Thats kind of worrying for me, as I cant eat seafood.

Jamo
Old Jun 2, 2004, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jamojdm
Hi, do you have any updates for the summer menus?

Also only one choice for the Apetizer of smoked Salmon? Thats kind of worrying for me, as I cant eat seafood.

Jamo
Be worried. That is the only appetizer and has not changed (other than dropping caviar) in the 3 or so years that I've been flying AA up front. There is a cocktail service of warm nuts and crudities (on AFS F dinner and International F dinner/lunch flights) and a salad course with lobster tails outbound and a land based protien inbound (usually chicken).
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
If you explain your problem to the FAs, jamojdm, I am sure they will bring you an appetizer from J (which is usually proscuitto something, occasionally salmon). I am sure someone in J would be more than willing to "trade up" appetizers!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 4:54 am

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Originally Posted by CharlesMD
If you explain your problem to the FAs, jamojdm, I am sure they will bring you an appetizer from J (which is usually proscuitto something, occasionally salmon). I am sure someone in J would be more than willing to "trade up" appetizers!
I'm actually flying J on a 763 MAN-ORD. I got the impression on the 2 class service you got Salmon in J?

Oh well I'll get something from Burger King before I fly But I'm sure main course will be fine.

And if they still do chicken pizza yum yum

Jamo
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:28 am

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
AA seriously upgraded J meal service when they removed F from the 767-300s. It is now almost the same as IFS F meal service except: a pre-plated seafood appetizer, usually smoked salmon, marinated shrimp, plus another selection; a pre-mixed garden salad (no lobster tail or chicken or other garnish choices). The entrees are bulk packed and individually plated- a huge improvement in quality (of course a lot depends on the competence of the galley f/a on your flight!) And now sundaes in J, or fruit salad.
The improvements seem aimed at retaining the handful of full F fare paying pax and perhaps to raise the bar against some of the more service oriented trans-Atlantic carriers. It makes the mediocre J service on AA's only 3 classer- the 777, all the more obvious, especially to NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.