Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Mile High Club--Fact Or Fiction?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

A friend claims he recently joined the Mile High Club by entertaining his "hunky,married seatmate" on a transcon. Do such things really happen? Anyone know FOR A FACT???
Old Feb 4, 2004, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it certainly does happen.

Lest we have to hear from the self-appointed forum police, this is a topic for TravelBuzz! probably.

d
Old Feb 4, 2004, 10:13 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
I don't know that this is inappropriate here, as I'm intrigued at the purely GLBT aspect of the question. (Although, in the meantime, I'll be reviewing it with other mods to see what they think)

Somehow I imagine that a heterosexual dalliance in the lav would get a knowing wink and a nod or at worst a good tsk tsking. Everytime I see a scene in a movie (yes, I'm picturing Ashton in Just Married) in which a straight couple joins the MHC, I imagine how severe the retribution would be for a gay couple.

Unless caught by a gay FA, I am almost certain that the cops would be waiting at the gate upon arrival. I would be terrified to try this.

Does anyone really know?
Old Feb 5, 2004, 4:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by robb:
...I am almost certain that the cops would be waiting at the gate upon arrival.
</font>
Oooh, yes please!
Old Feb 5, 2004, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by robb:
yes, I'm picturing Ashton in Just Married) </font>
Aren't we all?

Though it seems that if they crew made a stink about it you could just use the "I had something in my eye" defense. Or the nearly-always-effective "he had to change my dressing. Wanna see?"

------------------
-alan in sitges, home of the new, improved Si-Re-Do
Old Feb 5, 2004, 6:10 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Who said you had to use the Lav?

The last row on an almost empty regional jet late at night could work as well....

Well, it did for us....

Did I say that?

William
Old Feb 5, 2004, 7:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

William - I'm shocked
Old Feb 5, 2004, 8:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peteropny:
William - I'm shocked </font>
Shocked? What part? That we were on a regional jet?

Or that the regional jet was almost empty?

William

[This message has been edited by wharvey (edited Feb 05, 2004).]
Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wharvey:
The last row on an almost empty regional jet late at night could work as well....

Well, it did for us....
</font>
I'm scandalized! I haven't had the discomfort of flying on an RJ (although, coincidentally, I'm booked on my first at the beginning of March). Is there only one crew person in the cabin?

Was it an obviously gay FA or did you have any other indication that you wouldn't be hauled off to prison like in Dave's fantasies?

I mean, I know this is illegal, but I see things like the case in Kansas (is that right?) where the 18 year old kid had sex with a 14 year old friend and got 20 years in prison, as opposed to the 3 years he would have gotten with a female friend, and it scares the s**t out of me to try anything like this.

Times have changed a lot, but they haven't changed so much that I couldn't suddenly find myself in prison for the next 20 years for one wrong move.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I know I'm dense sometimes, but if two people were in a bathroom what law is being violated?

Certainly not any laws of physics.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:29 am

I'm scandalized! I haven't had the discomfort of flying on an RJ (although, coincidentally, I'm booked on my first at the beginning of March). Is there only one crew person in the cabin?

Was it an obviously gay FA or did you have any other indication that you wouldn't be hauled off to prison like in Dave's fantasies?

I mean, I know this is illegal, but I see things like the case in Kansas (is that right?) where the 18 year old kid had sex with a 14 year old friend and got 20 years in prison, as opposed to the 3 years he would have gotten with a female friend, and it scares the s**t out of me to try anything like this.

Times have changed a lot, but they haven't changed so much that I couldn't suddenly find myself in prison for the next 20 years for one wrong move.
</font>

Robb,

There were like six people on this flight including us. The one cabin flight attendant (a she - do not know if she was gay or not) did a quick drink service and told everyone she was going to dim the cabin lights and sit down because we would be heading into some possible turbulence.

So, the cabin was very dark... and the other four passengers were near the front.

William
Old Feb 5, 2004, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Robb, dear moderater, take the stick out of your .... No one is going to throw you in prison for a discrete hand or head job on an airplane. In the case of my friend (which prompted this post in the first place) it happened on a red eye LAX/ORD. He and the hunk were in the last row covered in blankets. No one ever knew a thing. And since I'm on a rant, if the board moderators are ever upset over their fellow gay men discussing sex while traveling they ought to move to a new planet!
Old Feb 5, 2004, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Toddlin:
Robb, dear moderater, take the stick out of your .... No one is going to throw you in prison for a discrete hand or head job on an airplane. In the case of my friend (which prompted this post in the first place) it happened on a red eye LAX/ORD. He and the hunk were in the last row covered in blankets. No one ever knew a thing. And since I'm on a rant, if the board moderators are ever upset over their fellow gay men discussing sex while traveling they ought to move to a new planet! </font>
Mmmmm, I like you already. Welcome.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess we don't need the self-appointed forum police to stir up trouble...

d
Old Feb 5, 2004, 3:15 pm

I guess not. BTW, none of the board moderators had a problem with this topic, so I'm not sure what has motivated your attack. (In fact, the only question that cam eup wqas whether it was GLBT-specific?).

Thanks for sharing, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.