Safe Transportation for a Single Woman

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2003, 6:41 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Safe Transportation for a Single Woman

Gang,

I have someone who is travelling to HNL airport.

She is uncomfortable being in a taxi by herself. Does anyone have any suggestion for transportation options from HNL to a hotel? She is unsure of which hotel yet. Is there a hotel within 10 miles of HNL airport that offers a shuttle service? Public bus service? I seem to remember a public bus service there.

We always had a car when we were there... so was no help to her on this one...

Thanks in advance.

William
Old Nov 5, 2003, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Transportation Link cockroached from an earlier thread originally posted by FlyinHawaiian:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000267.html

Will direct you to many viable transportation options other than a cab (even though the original thread is about cab prices).

Hotels around the airport are pretty shabby... (e.g., The Honolulu Airport Hotel: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60982-d87017-Reviews-H onolulu_Airport_Hotel-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html) -- fortunately, complimentary airport shuttle is offered.

Hope this helps! Aloha

[This message has been edited by slippahs (edited 11-05-2003).]
Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is frequent shuttle van service (typ 16-24 people) to most Wikiki hotels for about $12RT or $8 OW. Call whatever hotel she will be staying at and they will give you the details. No reservatios needed from HNL (they are outside the baggage areas) but they desire 24 hr advance notice from the hotel to the airport.

MisterNice
Old Nov 6, 2003, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
There is frequent shuttle van service (typ 16-24 people) to most Wikiki hotels for about $12RT or $8 OW. </font>

More Info on the "Airport Waikiki Express": http://www.state.hi.us/dot/airports/...ound_trans.htm
Old Nov 6, 2003, 8:25 pm

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. One option for some hotels is the public bus, which I rode to Waikiki and back during a layover.

If she stops at the information counter in the airport, they can give her a bus map. It seems to run about every 20 minutes most of the day, and runs $2.00 each way. It went right past the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Sheraton Waikiki, and can make stops at either.

That said, she would likely find a hotel shuttle more comfortable, convenient & easier to navigate, if one is available.

JP
Old Nov 7, 2003, 1:09 pm

I was in HNL in Oct and called VIP Shuttle. They met me at the baggage claim and handled the baggage. There were 3 other drop off's, and the pleasant surprise was that he forgot to collect my fare after dropping me off. You can pay on line or call (like I did) the night before... 1-866-836-0317.
Old Nov 7, 2003, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFFlyman:
I was in HNL in Oct and called VIP Shuttle. </font>
VIP Shuttle is another excellent choice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.