Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INK Hotel Amsterdam MGallery

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:59 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Don't anyone here let SFG know that I have pictures and reports for the past 9 months still waiting to post.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Review MGallery Ink Hotel Amsterdam

INK Hotel Amsterdam MGallery by Sofitel

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 67 Amsterdam, NL 1012 RE

Review MGallery Ink Hotel Amsterdam (31 Photos)

So this my turn to review this great hotel. When I arrived, I really had the impression that it was the exact location of the former Sofitel and this was confirmed by the hotel guest relations manager who welcomed us very nicely. What a change compared to the crappy old Sofitel ! I truly enjoyed staying there. 

467731B0-F618-48B0-8507-07176264E3FB.jpe

Check In

We had 2 rooms booked (same name but one Platinum and one Silver account) When arriving at front desk for check-in, the guest relations manager was immediately called and he took great care of us. We were clearly expected and we really felt welcome as per Accor “signature”. He was speaking fluently French which was of course very nice. He explained us all the building and hotel history and services/amenities. He bring is to our rooms. Both room were upgraded (he said kindly that mixing Platinum and Silver, this makes Gold so both rooms are upgraded :)) from Classic/Queen to Superior/King. Welcome drink voucher and letters were given. He explained us all room equipments and amenities (including the free minibar content). He even bring additional free bottle of wine and Prosecco in rooms. Overall super great welcome and true VIP treatment. I need to precise that both rooms were upgraded despite the hotel was showing as fully booked on Accor App. 

Pictures of the lobby:

98E56062-E06D-49C7-977A-55782D618E0A.jpeA36159C7-F16D-4745-9D7C-18F1770E91E1.jpeFB40788F-3614-4AD7-B20C-08738C53C734.jpe

Room

The room was similar as the one already reviewed by BotB previously. It was facing the Main Street but no noise from outside or from the corridor. Plenty of water + Belgian waffles/chocolates and in-house honey vial, Nespresso machine, slippers and bathrobe amenities. 

Among the few criticism I could make:

• zero privacy in the bathroom. All open on room (neither any door nor curtain)
  • The room floor is a basic linoleum witch get stained with time
  • The 2nd day, I literally flooded the entire bathroom and half of the bedroom because of shower drainage blockage + water leakage under shower door. Very unpleasant but it was quickly addressed by housekeeping staff

D0E41821-D48E-4A0E-A433-ACB2698DEC16.jpe927EF2F7-C0E2-4768-AB1C-6DEE6280C916.jpeEC8D808B-3D08-4836-BE10-F9B1501A99F3.jpe279CAEBC-31D0-408F-A784-71A5502A1ECE.jpeF6E6BF4D-22D2-419B-A3D2-795A83DD8C2A.jpe2F5ACF3B-AC18-45AD-8E8F-9AFCC5448F6B.jpeE1BBACAF-6236-4FE2-989A-98DADFE03118.jpeED0F714A-0641-4E67-AA68-AE8B1308A918.jpeFCAFFAED-265E-480B-9BD0-A80390BA47F8.jpeB550D9F1-AE1F-400B-A272-B89FC2588FE8.jpeC428E817-DD27-4290-8BD3-75163D7E638D.jpe17731F0D-1F7A-47E3-B406-1F71B742371B.jpeBD6D4CE4-DCAA-4EEA-A5D9-8926B78302C2.jpe9328F1D3-3130-4224-B3BA-41A8332EF7C9.jpeE1337E09-19B5-47F8-A32D-D6A0BE47BEAF.jpe

Dining

The hotel restaurant is very good. We had dinner there once and we enjoyed the very modern atmosphere and food food. 

A50B5EF1-E892-4366-9692-4AD218A6F69C.jpeCEE315D2-D004-42D9-889B-E63550025AF5.jpeC630B514-4EBA-4CC0-B4A1-47FC8AB894BD.jpe

There is a separate room which you can privatize if you need. On the evening we had dinner at the hotel restaurant, there was a kind of Bachelorette party having privatized this room. 

878B3C84-E785-4513-B5AE-FAD60DCC8809.jpe

The breakfast buffet was excellent too.

A753F746-7656-44BF-8D59-F595BB8E60CE.jpe45915F72-1792-41B7-8367-71A8278DD7D1.jpeD324E931-67A0-4FCD-AB92-16BD556F5EC8.jpe1D0D635D-F145-4424-B19F-858C4CAC432E.jpeE419EC51-E67F-4638-B417-8EA3D1F9F01A.jpeA4FD4E12-F741-4CC0-97CB-185D2FAB3576.jpe

The bar

1B7FFC94-EE56-40A8-B12B-9E186378A31A.jpe6ABE0EAE-5136-40E1-8D9F-69204DF78C06.jpe

There is no lounge in this hotel. 

Overall

Checkout formalities were promptly expedited. Unfortunately, no late checkout was granted because of fully booked hotel (max they could grant was 12:30 which was useless for us). I believe they could have gone the extra mile on this, but that was it. 

Overall, a very good stay in a great hotel offering excellent status recognition. I would return without hesitation, but keep in mind it is an expensive hotel, as all hotels in AMS. 

Review MGallery Ink Hotel Amsterdam

Would you like to write a review on the INK Hotel Amsterdam MGallery by Sofitel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Totally unacceptable. A week ago? You know the FT rules....
now that I have published my review, I hope that my probation period will be short and that I will not be banished from FT
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
INK Hotel Amsterdam review

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 67 Amsterdam, NL 1012 RE

INK Hotel Amsterdam review (6 Photos)

Stayed for a few nights in February half term.

Hotel is in a great localtion, 10 minuite walk from Amsterdam Centraal and with the Nieuwezijds Kolk tram / bus stop right out front which has a number of services means you can get to anywhere in the city really easily.

You can buy GVB day / multi day tickets from the tram stop.

Check In

Check in was a very odd, there's a large desk at reception and a smaller desk (looks like a victorian school desk) for 'Priority Welcome', when we arrived there was a group of 4 people checking in and 2 other couples.

There isn't much seating and when someone at the main desk was free I gave my name then was told to take a seat again as someone else would check us in.  She then started to serve someone else.

It wasn't a long wait until this other 'special' person came over to check us in but that was a strange experience, presumably it was done because of ALL status, but the check in experience didn't seem any different to what we would have recieved from anyone else.

Then (you can probably guess), we were asked to take a seat again as another person would take us up to the room.

I can be appreciative of such a service but in this situation it really wasn't efficient or warranted.

Room

Booked a Deluxe room on a 3 for 2 breakfast included rate, also used 4000 reward points.  No upgrade as ALL Gold status but got some nice amenities, stroopwaffles always go down well. 

We were given Room 418 which as you can see is quite a different shape to the other rooms with a bit of an entrace hall. 

1_IMG_20200218_152808.jpg

I'm not sure what the other rooms were like, but having this entrance hall allowed for multiple cupboards so there was plenty of storage for clothing.

Some photos of the room in general.

IMG_20200218_153029.jpgIMG_20200218_153058.jpgIMG_20200218_154725.jpg

The room was very spacious, great sized desk and a comfy sofa.

Now then the bathroom area, I call it an 'area' as there is no door that cuts it off from the rest of the room.  It's clean and simple, plenty of storage and surface area.

IMG_20200218_152947.jpgIMG_20200218_153155.jpg

I have never understood these weird glass bathroom setups that make it part of the bedroom / living space.  It's similar to what I've experienced at The Level in Barcelona, but at least in the room I stayed in there the toilet was seperated by an actual wall so couldn't be seen from the bedroom area.

It's not a very large space, so my partner usually has a shower first then does her makeup etc, so everytime I had a shower I had to ask her to watch out as I was opening the shower door, because it opens out, so I don't hit her with it while she's sitting on the stool at the mirror.

The frosted glass doors which have gaps and don't actually properly close, WHY?!?!  We've been together a long time so you know, but still everyone likes some privacy.  Enough of this please.

Dining

Breakfast was included in the rate, located in the Pressroom restaurant it's an okay buffet affair with the usual eggs on request service.  

It wasn't the largest of buffets but you won't go hungry. 

Service was really good, alawys got seated prompty and very attentive to asking for drink refils, asking if we had any requests and if we were satisfactory with everything.  It's an open kitchen so you can see everything being prepared and how the staff handle things which is nice.

We didn't eat in the restaurant itself, but made use of the free drinks voucher at the bar which included their signature 'INKredible', that went down well for my partner.

Overall

If you want someone comfy and in a great location you can't go wrong here.  Apart from the strange check in experience everyone was very friendly and the service was good.

I'd definitely reccomend Palmyra restaurant which is a couple of doors down - https://g.page/palmyra-syrian-restaurant if you want some great food.

INK Hotel Amsterdam review

Would you like to write a review on the INK Hotel Amsterdam MGallery by Sofitel?

No, thank you.
Yes
starflyergold and Goldorak like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold
Just a quick update on my experience in July 2021:

I spent a weekend in Amsterdam and chose this hotel based on excellent reviews here. I liked the hotel overall, but there were some things that bugged me.

The room that I got is the same room that the original poster in this thread BotB got, number 445, so no need to post pictures as it looks exactly the same, except that the bathroom amenities are now by The White Company (very nice) and not CO Bigelow (not my favourite). It's a Deluxe room facing the street so quite noisy because of the trams, ambulance etc. I would suggest avoiding rooms facing the street. In fact, when I did the online check-in I had specifically asked for a room not facing the street, but somehow ended up with this one. Still, I was very grateful to be allowed to check in at 10 AM and to be upgraded, so I didn't complain. I liked the room (notwithstanding the small issues mentioned by the previous reviewers), especially the seating area and the large king bed.

Now, for the things that bugged me:

There was no welcome amenity in the room, no stroopwaffles or anything else. We did get a bag at the reception with two bottles of water, but that was it.

When we went to get our welcome drink, the bartender told us that the voucher was valid for a soft drink, beer or wine. But I remembered this thread and asked: "No cocktails?" Only then did he "remember" that we can also get a signature cocktail called INKredible. My impression is that he couldn't be bothered to prepare it, so he "failed to mention it".

Breakfast is very poor and very limited at the moment. Which I don't get really as it is in stark contrast to the non-existent covid measures in the rest of the city (as well as the fact that masks don't have to be worn inside the hotel). Why not just have a regular breakfast buffet then? They have a sort of buffet where you can take cold items: two bread rolls, a mini croissant and a pain au chocolat in a paper bag, individually wrapped two slices of ham (one type only) and two slices of cheese (one type only), very difficult to open without scissors, butter, yogurt (one type only), orange juice and apple juice in individual small bottles, a small fruit salad. And you can order one egg dish off the menu (omelette, fried eggs, poached eggs and scrambled eggs) with bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms and sausages on the side. You have to order coffee from the waiter. The regular price is 20 EUR and I would suggest skipping breakfast here until they start serving buffet again.

I wasn't too impressed by the staff, to be honest, or the fact that it took them over 24 hours to reply to my email when I was going to make a booking.

Overall the hotel was fine, if a little pricey (186 EUR for one night with breakfast included, but this is Amsterdam), still I might give another hotel a try next time.
Goldorak and jonapet89 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by EcotoneHR
Just a quick update on my experience in July 2021:

I spent a weekend in Amsterdam and chose this hotel based on excellent reviews here. I liked the hotel overall, but there were some things that bugged me.

The room that I got is the same room that the original poster in this thread BotB got, number 445, so no need to post pictures as it looks exactly the same, except that the bathroom amenities are now by The White Company (very nice) and not CO Bigelow (not my favourite). It's a Deluxe room facing the street so quite noisy because of the trams, ambulance etc. I would suggest avoiding rooms facing the street. In fact, when I did the online check-in I had specifically asked for a room not facing the street, but somehow ended up with this one. Still, I was very grateful to be allowed to check in at 10 AM and to be upgraded, so I didn't complain. I liked the room (notwithstanding the small issues mentioned by the previous reviewers), especially the seating area and the large king bed.

Now, for the things that bugged me:

There was no welcome amenity in the room, no stroopwaffles or anything else. We did get a bag at the reception with two bottles of water, but that was it.

When we went to get our welcome drink, the bartender told us that the voucher was valid for a soft drink, beer or wine. But I remembered this thread and asked: "No cocktails?" Only then did he "remember" that we can also get a signature cocktail called INKredible. My impression is that he couldn't be bothered to prepare it, so he "failed to mention it".

Breakfast is very poor and very limited at the moment. Which I don't get really as it is in stark contrast to the non-existent covid measures in the rest of the city (as well as the fact that masks don't have to be worn inside the hotel). Why not just have a regular breakfast buffet then? They have a sort of buffet where you can take cold items: two bread rolls, a mini croissant and a pain au chocolat in a paper bag, individually wrapped two slices of ham (one type only) and two slices of cheese (one type only), very difficult to open without scissors, butter, yogurt (one type only), orange juice and apple juice in individual small bottles, a small fruit salad. And you can order one egg dish off the menu (omelette, fried eggs, poached eggs and scrambled eggs) with bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms and sausages on the side. You have to order coffee from the waiter. The regular price is 20 EUR and I would suggest skipping breakfast here until they start serving buffet again.

I wasn't too impressed by the staff, to be honest, or the fact that it took them over 24 hours to reply to my email when I was going to make a booking.

Overall the hotel was fine, if a little pricey (186 EUR for one night with breakfast included, but this is Amsterdam), still I might give another hotel a try next time.
Thanks for updating is on the current situation there. Planning on going to Amsterdam soon and was thinking about trying this hotel as I haven't been before, but likely it will be the Sofitel Legend again - had a fantastic experience there last summer - one of my all-time favourite hotels. Curious if it'll still be as good next time around. One of the few hotels that hasn't really adjusted their pricing downward based on relatively low hotel occupancy rates in Amsterdam though.

Last edited by Synthesis; Jul 19, 2021 at 10:33 am
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold
If it's between those two, then go for the Sofitel Legend, definitely! I looked at it longingly every time I passed by.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Stayed 7 nights in July 2022 as a Diamond.

Booked the Family Offer and got 1 deluxe king connected to a deluxe 2 twin room for family of 4 - worked out really well. As a diamond, got drinks and snacks every day plus 2x welcome drinks for each room at the bar (try the incredible) and weekend breakfast.

Front desk staff were amazing and welcoming, really great experience the whole week with anything we needed.

Had breakfast at the hotel every day and the restaurant staff were excellent as well. Breakfast was really good every day and the kids ate free with the Family Offer.

Location is excellent close to the grocery stone, bike rental, central station and tram. Lots of restaurants around. You can walk or bike anywhere.

Definitely recommend if you're in Amsterdam.

We rented a car for a few longer trips and the underground garage is right across from the hotel. You can reserve a spot online and save 50-75% of the cost.

Only issue, unrelated to the hotel, is all of the construction down the main road and towards the central station.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Stayed Sunday 22/01/23 and Tuesday 24/01/23.
Firstly may I thank this forum, without searching here, I would not have even thought of this Hotel.

Stayed on business (my own dime). Hotel was superb, staff even better. Location, service, ambience, quality of food were excellent. Not merely because of status ( I am Gold, stay around 15-20 times a year at Accor properties). I observed some of the best interaction with other guests arriving at a Hotel than I have seen for a long time.

The guests in question were needing of assistance about Amsterdam, the receptionist could not have been more helpful, but yet as she was doing her utmost to help she acknowledged and apologised to me if I felt in anyway delayed.
I needed to to an unexpected Zoom conference, they orgainised me the Garden Room to deal with the video call...no charge.

Food excellent.

Room, I was upgraded on both occasions.

Bar wonderful.

Staff.. every single one cared and exhibited pride in working there.

Management..I had a brief interaction with the Manager on my first night, two days later, she acknowledged me by name without obviously having the opportunity to look it up.

Stay...I have already recommended it to a close colleague for a weekend away with his wife..and he has booked it.

Faultless.
EcotoneHR likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA
Any recent stays here? Looking to book 3 nights this July. I have no status and am a hotel free agent for Amsterdam.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by theshaun
Any recent stays here? Looking to book 3 nights this July. I have no status and am a hotel free agent for Amsterdam.
I indicated in my short post how good it was, my colleague went last Autumn with his wife, absolutely loved it, as did his wife ( he has no status with Accor)
Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA
We've booked our July trip here in a Junior King Suite. Looking forward to it.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by theshaun
We've booked our July trip here in a Junior King Suite. Looking forward to it.
We loved the hotel, staff and location (July 2022). Solid breakfast as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.