Wiki Posts
Search

"Payroll By Credit Card"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
"Payroll By Credit Card"

The July statement for my Delta Reserve Business card had an advertisement for "Payroll By Credit Card" under the Great New Places section.

Has anyone ever used this service and if so what type experience have you had?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The website is notable for the questions it does not answer. Apparently this company doesn't actually process payroll, just the card payment to an existing payroll processor, but they don't list the processors they work with, nor the amount of their fees.

Has My Payroll Company Agreed to Participate in This Service?

We work with dozens of payroll companies. Let’s talk about who you currently use for a payroll provider and how we will work with them.

How much does this cost?

Payroll by Credit Card handles all the transactions with American Express and provides payroll funds to your automated payroll service. Our fee structure is determined by the volume of your payroll and jurisdiction. Please contact us so we may discuss your specific account details.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I called- fees are 3.49% on any payroll less than $25,000, there is also a $30 wire fee per transaction. Definitely not worth it for my situation.

Last edited by Peatisback; Aug 11, 2015 at 8:47 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:28 pm

Intriguing yet scary. If you pay someone and even if you have proper corporation you still are personally held responsible for taxes withheld. Many people do not understand this concept including attorneys who claim a properly run corporation will shield you from liabilities. Legal council often overlook this area. Anyone who tells you a corporation will shield you as an individual from payroll tax withholding is wrong. So you better feel real comfortable that everything is being withheld and delivered to the proper government authority.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
... better feel real comfortable that everything is being withheld and delivered to the proper government authority.
This is what payroll services do. This company only changes the way the funds are provided to the service, but their pricing is unrealistic. I expected something on par with income tax payment processors, ~ 1.87%.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:03 pm

There are a number of pricing models for this service depending on your payroll volume, with substantially lower rates for higher payroll than the one referenced above.

It might not work for you in a relatively low payroll, but the team can work with your individual circumstance to see if there's value for your individual account.

I'll encourage you to contact the business directly to see how it works for you.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Peatisback
The July statement for my Delta Reserve Business card had an advertisement for "Payroll By Credit Card" under the Great New Places section.

Has anyone ever used this service and if so what type experience have you had?
Do you get points for this? It's not a completely terrible idea if you need to top up on some points. obviously it's not a great long term solution.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by globalmogul
Do you get points for this? It's not a completely terrible idea if you need to top up on some points. obviously it's not a great long term solution.
I was quoted 1.99%, which is not a big deal. At 1.25 MR value, I can just write off the .74% fee as a business expense.

What's the big deal, unless there's a material oversight I'm seemingly oblivious to?

They are partnered with Amex, run ads on Amex statements... takes any worry away from it triggering an FR/closure... unless you're CRAZY enough to float payroll using this method.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is what payroll services do. .
This is what payroll services SHOULD do. You can find plenty of failed payroll companies that have failed to properly pay taxes
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Just bumping this post to see if anyone has used this company yet to pay their payroll company. I was also just quoted 1.99%. It looks like the payroll company (ADP in my case) would still do all of the necessary withholding. They would just get paid by CC instead of withdrawing the money from our company's checking account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.