Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AMERICAN AIRLINES BOARDING PROCESS (From http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/boarding.jsp, effective date 31 March 2014)

Be sure to look at the group number on your boarding pass and the schedule below to see when you can expect to board the plane.

To better ensure an on-time departure, our goal is to close the jetbridge door 10 minutes prior to departure time. This allows all customers to board and stow their belongings.
  1. First Class and Uniformed U.S. Military (Business Class and uniformed U.S. Military on 2 class)
  2. AAdvantage® Executive Platinum / US Dividend Miles Chairman's Preferred / oneworld® Emerald / AAdvantage® Platinum / USDM Platinum / USDM Gold / oneworld® Sapphire
  3. AAdvantage Gold / USDM Silver / oneworld Ruby
  4. AAirpass® / Priority / Group 1
  5. Group 2
  6. Group 3
  7. Group 4
On three-class flights, EXP and Platinum board with Business Class.

"Customers Without Overhead Luggage" no longer listed in boarding priority.

For immediately previous boarding priority, see post #24.

c/o _kurt
Print Wikipost

New AA boarding order effective 31 Mar 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

New AA boarding order effective 31 Mar 2014

Apparently AA just changed boarding to. First class first then both exec plat and exec at same time.

Diluting exec plat status?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by texag96
Apparently AA just changed boarding to. First class first then both exec plat and exec at same time.

That dilutes EXP?!?! I don't think I have ever heard the same boarding call order twice; it always changes. Couple that with the GAs that don't actually stop people from boarding outside of their group.

Oh, congrats on your first post.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As American Airlines is still operating as a distinct entity, this question is being moved over to the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:55 am
Original Poster

According to the gate agent in austin it iisnew boarding order just started today. Before exec plat I always boarded with first class. Not really a huge deal but figured I would share the info
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
This has varied a lot station by station, flight by flight. Most of the time its F only. I've seen F plus EXP sometimes. And EXP separate. And EXP+PLAT. Or all elites and Priority Access at once. I think GAs often use discretion based on the elite load.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by texag96

What is "exec plat and exec"?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Haven't posted before cause I have found answers with search so far. First new type info I had
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
Although lately a few stations have been enforcing it better, there's still so many gate agents that let anybody board whenever they want that this is not much of a benefit anyways.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:03 am
Original Poster

According to what GA told me this is new rules they are supposed to be using everywhere but I can only say what I heard.

Exec plat = executive platinum. Highest AA priority level
Exec = my mistake should have said platinum. - next lower tier
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:11 am

From http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/boarding.jsp:
  • First Class and Uniformed U.S. Military
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum / AAdvantage Platinum / oneworld® Emerald / Sapphire
  • AAdvantage Gold / oneworld Ruby
  • AAirpass® / Priority / Group 1
  • Group 2
  • Group 3
  • Group 4

On three-class flights, business boards with EXP / PLT
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by _kurt
From http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/boarding.jsp:
  • First Class and Uniformed U.S. Military
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum / AAdvantage Platinum / oneworld® Emerald / Sapphire
  • AAdvantage Gold / oneworld Ruby
  • AAirpass® / Priority / Group 1
  • Group 2
  • Group 3
  • Group 4

On three-class flights, business boards with EXP / PLT
I really think J+EXP+PLAT+OWE+OWS could be excessively large on some flights. And I would hope that on 77Ws, J remains separate.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:43 am

platinum generally gets thrown in with gold (though no two flights board platinum similarly). this is good for plats.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
This new boarding order was in effect yesterday morning on my ORD-DFW flight. Some EXPs seemed mad.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlt, UA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LucWise
This new boarding order was in effect yesterday morning on my ORD-DFW flight. Some EXPs seemed mad.
Mostly the ones that didn't get upgraded to F.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
This is very UA-like. Smash a whole bunch of different groups into one larger boarding group.

I usually check my bag anyways, so I can be the last to board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.