Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Quote: Is 50k the best offer ever for the AA Personal and Business cards?
*insert sarcasm* Yes, but only to people who know the secret code.....
Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by fenix8o0

Is 50k the best offer ever for the AA Personal and Business cards?

*insert sarcasm* Yes, but only to people who know the secret code.....
Please be aware "secret" password has been updated since the merger
*insert sarcasm"
Does the Spend Requirement apply only to the Primary card or can it be applied amongst additional cardmembers as well?
Quote: Datapoint:
I got denied for a business card with the reason being, "You already have the maximum number of accounts that can be issued to an individual." I previously had a business card but cancelled it in August. I do have an open AA personal card so that must be it.
If you want the card and the bonus, you probably have the option of calling, closing one account and getting the business card...
Quote: Does the Spend Requirement apply only to the Primary card or can it be applied amongst additional cardmembers as well?
It makes no difference which card on the account is used.
No, in 2011, Citi offered below two programs with more miles bonus:

- 75K with just minimum spend (meaning, you spend 3K and get 75K bonus, no additional requirement to spend during the rest of the year).

- 50K miles with minimum spend (I think it was 3K spend), and additional 50K for additional spend in the first year (I think additional spend needed was like 10K) for a total of 100K bonus.

Cheers!
Quote: Does the Spend Requirement apply only to the Primary card or can it be applied amongst additional cardmembers as well?
Primary as well as additional card holders are on the same "account" (in most cases, even the card number is exactly same), so any spend as well as bonus is shared, meaning, any amount of spend on any card counts towards minimum spend and there will only be one bonus.

Cheers!
Define "best"? What about a card apparently available today that gives 75k miles? Except that you have to pay a $450 annual fee (and do a lot more spend in the first three months), no way to get around it.

Is $450 (plus $$$$ more spend in a short time) worth the difference between 75k and 50k to you? If so, that may be best. If not, it's not best.

So yours is a silly question, in that there's no one "best" for everyone.

In my opinion, the "best" was the 25k offers circa 2006. No, not because 25k beats 50k, but because back then you could apply 2 at a time every 65 days, and thus earn 300k-400k AA miles a year without any issues. (Plus, back then it all counted toward lifetime status at AA. Now it doesn't.) Now, you can apply for 50k once or twice, and then you start having issues. That's why to me the 25k offers that were very repeatable trump 50k offers that are not very repeatable.
I applied for AA Personal Visa in June, and a Business Master Card in July and was approved for both.
I'm thinking of applying for personal Master card. What is my chances of getting it?
Thanks!
Quote: I applied for AA Personal Visa in June, and a Business Master Card in July and was approved for both.
I'm thinking of applying for personal Master card. What is my chances of getting it?
Thanks!
If you are applying in response to a targeted offer sent directly to you by Citi your chances are excellent.

If you are applying on your own without a targeted offer, you chances are somewhere between negligible and nil.

From the Wiki above:

"Note: You cannot circumvent this rule by applying for a card type different from your previous Citi AA card. If your last personal AA card was a Visa, the waiting period for your next personal AA card will be the same regardless of whether you apply for a Visa, MC, or Amex."

So if you don't mind "wasted" inquiries and denied apps, you can try your luck by applying again for a personal card in early July 2014. If you want a good chance of being approved, wait until early Jan 2015.
Quote: If you are applying in response to a targeted offer sent directly to you by Citi your chances are excellent.

If you are applying on your own without a targeted offer, you chances are somewhere between negligible and nil.

So if you don't mind "wasted" inquiries and denied apps, you can try your luck by applying again for a personal card in early July 2014. If you want a good chance of being approved, wait until early Jan 2015.
Thanks for the straight answer. This is what I want to confirm!
I guess no Citi for a while for me!
Thanks!
apparently the citi exec card is getting approved without waiting the 12 - 18 months after last personal. any ideas on the reason for the inconsistency? is it just the $450 fee or ????
Quote: apparently the citi exec card is getting approved without waiting the 12 - 18 months after last personal. any ideas on the reason for the inconsistency? is it just the $450 fee or ????
It is a totally different card and has always been treated separately.

We don't know what makes Citi tick, and many of their apparent rules make little sense. But it seems very clear that they are happy to have you carry both the Platinum/Gold card and the Executive card.
Change statement date?
Sorry if this is posted above; I tried several searches. I was approved using the 50k bonus and need the miles ASAP. I should have no problem meeting the spend quickly. If I request that my statement closing date be moved up by 2 weeks, is there any reason I can't get the bonus that much sooner?

Thanks.
Quote: Sorry if this is posted above; I tried several searches. I was approved using the 50k bonus and need the miles ASAP. I should have no problem meeting the spend quickly. If I request that my statement closing date be moved up by 2 weeks, is there any reason I can't get the bonus that much sooner?

Thanks.
typically when you change payment dates it will be moved later, not sooner, so unlikely to happen