TSA Pre-Check for United Airlines Passengers - Questions and Experiences (2013)

Subscribe
[Moderator's Note] This information has been transferred to the wiki post above; thank you to FriendlySkies for his efforts! ^
So far it has been great! SFO, EWR, IAD, all experiences have been the same so far; I'm through security in just a couple minutes. No doubt the best change to my airport experience in recent memory (prior to precheck I can't remember the last time I wasn't fretting the IAD security line at 5pm on a Friday).
Quote:
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
[*]Rumored to come online by the end of the year in T7
I'm assuming this reference was to end of the year, 2012? Any update or further info about this? I googled any could only find reference to the Feb 2012 news stories about it coming to JFK, but not specifically to T7.
Quote: I'm assuming this reference was to end of the year, 2012? Any update or further info about this? I googled any could only find reference to the Feb 2012 news stories about it coming to JFK, but not specifically to T7.
I've not heard anything else about T7 Pre-Check would be a life saver during the morning rush-hour.
Pre at SNA was packed this morning. Must have been......4 people in line . Thru in 3 minutes or less. Love having pre at my home airport
Review Times
Does anyone know how long it actually takes (Ballpark) to get through the Global Entry processes? I have quite a few Intl and domestic trips coming up, and flying out of DCA I would really love to get enrolled in the Pre-Check as sson as I can.
2/2 for me in 2013 so far (IAD, MCO)
0/2 for my wife (who doesn't have Global Entry yet but is otherwise opted in to PreCheck)
Quote: Pre at SNA was packed this morning. Must have been......4 people in line . Thru in 3 minutes or less. Love having pre at my home airport
+1

It's so nice to have in Denver. I haven't had to go through regular screening on ex-DEN flights in several months ^ (knock on wood )
Quote: Does anyone know how long it actually takes (Ballpark) to get through the Global Entry processes? I have quite a few Intl and domestic trips coming up, and flying out of DCA I would really love to get enrolled in the Pre-Check as sson as I can.
Try here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...sing-time.html
I am only a silver and not been able to go through Pre-Check in maybe 5 tries. How much does one need to fly to get it?
There's no flight requirement, only that you make sure your Secure Flight Data is properly attached to your reservation and you are travelling on an itinerary that is eligible for PreCheck.

Quote:
Having Problems Utilizing Pre-Check?

If you belong to one of the Trusted Traveler Programs listed above, you may run into issues getting Pre-Check clearance if your Secure Flight Data is not an exact match to GOES.

For example, if your airline account has Bob Jones, but your GOES (the Global Online Enrollment System, which you use to sign up for a Trusted Traveler Program) account has Bob James Jones, then the TSA may not be associating your information properly, when it "decides" who can and can not have access.

Additionally, Pre-Check is not supposed to support itineraries with an international destination. This means that if you fly MCI-ORD-HKG-ORD-MCI, you likely will not get Pre-Check access upon your return to the US, and your onward flights. There have been rumors that the TSA is working on allowing access for domestic flights after returning to the country, although nothing has been confirmed.
The first post of this thread has step-by-step instructions on how to best ensure your chances to use PreCheck when travelling on United.
I came in through the Delta side at DEN today and stubbled upon the PreCheck. I had signed up for it last year but didn't actually know DEN had one! Normally I travel later on Sunday nights so wasn't motivated to look.

WOW! A flashback to 2000.
I had the Pre Check for the first time in LAX and it was great. I did not know I had been approved, but when I presented my BP they said I was pre checked and sent me through that line. Fantastic.

QUESTION: If I am Pre Checked with UA but am in an airport that UA does not have it (like PHL) but USAirways has it, can I take my Pre Checked BP on UA and go through the Pre Check security at US? Can I use my Pre Cheked UA BP on other airline security lines?
Quote: QUESTION: If I am Pre Checked with UA but am in an airport that UA does not have it (like PHL) but USAirways has it, can I take my Pre Checked BP on UA and go through the Pre Check security at US? Can I use my Pre Cheked UA BP on other airline security lines?
Yes, provided one can get to the UA gates from the checkin point you are using.
Quote: Yes, provided one can get to the UA gates from the checkin point you are using.
Can confirm this also works at PDX, where pre-check is on the AS side, but the concourses are linked.